Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: GrimRob, June 5, 2022, 8:16pm
A lot of people who were absent for today's win who would have been absolutely delighted, not least Swin. It was a privilege to observe our season climax and glorious success. Just sad that they couldn't be there too.
Posted by: DB, June 5, 2022, 10:47pm; Reply: 1
There are many fallen Mariners, including my father, who will be looking down with a smile on their faces. Thank you all for your past support.
Posted by: Mariner_09, June 5, 2022, 11:26pm; Reply: 2
My Grandad, a lifelong Mariner, died in January. However, his demise seemingly prompted our reversal of fortunes. We lost at Wrexham the Tuesday afterwards but then got into very good form and obviously won the playoffs. Thank you Grandad
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, June 6, 2022, 8:19am; Reply: 3
My old man was a regular in the old barrett’s stand along with his brother. Both have unfortunately passed away but I’d like to think both were having a drop of the good stuff up there
Posted by: jonnyboy82, June 6, 2022, 9:31am; Reply: 4
My little sister taken in the pandemic would have been by my side yesterday,  i cried in happiness but also sadness knowing she wasn't there taking the urine out of me like she would have all day.

I miss her sooo much taken at 28 years old.  Yesterday was for her and all the fallen mariners.

Thanks paul, I love you amy and GTFC.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, June 6, 2022, 10:25am; Reply: 5
That one was for you Dibber 👍👍
Posted by: ponnyfan, June 6, 2022, 12:42pm; Reply: 6
Trumpeter Rich Broadley and Matty Dawson…. This one’s for you Lads 👍
Posted by: cmackenzie4, June 6, 2022, 12:56pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from jonnyboy82
My little sister taken in the pandemic would have been by my side yesterday,  i cried in happiness but also sadness knowing she wasn't there taking the urine out of me like she would have all day.

I miss her sooo much taken at 28 years old.  Yesterday was for her and all the fallen mariners.

Thanks paul, I love you amy and GTFC.

That’s brilliant mate, it must have been very emotional for you Johnny 👍
Posted by: Hants.Mariner, June 6, 2022, 2:00pm; Reply: 8
My uncle died in February. I met my cousins at half-time and they had brought with them his picture to bring us luck.

Thank you uncle we made you proud.
Posted by: Grimsby Is Not In Yorkshire, June 6, 2022, 3:12pm; Reply: 9
My wonderful, wonderful father in law of 20 years, again sadly taken too soon through covid.

Although not strictly a Town fan (he was West Ham), I dragged him to enough NL sh1te holes for us to be his second team.

He would have been there yesterday with the rest of us (his family).
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, June 6, 2022, 4:38pm; Reply: 10
Lost my Grandad just before the season started, he was desperate to watch the games during covid so I built him a computer and he learnt how to use a computer to watch the games, fortunatly for him my cousin was there to help him out. Whilst I wasn't able to go yesterday my cousin was with his shirt
Posted by: Davec, June 6, 2022, 4:42pm; Reply: 11
Ipswin would have been delighted at yesterday, although I dare say he would also have been telling us how Hurst should still be sacked!

Also Ron Rafferty Fan club we lost not so long ago, I also seen to remember losing Jock Dock Tower during covid.

Those 3, and everybody else taken would have all been there in spirit yesterday!
Posted by: barralad, June 6, 2022, 5:56pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Davec
Ipswin would have been delighted at yesterday, although I dare say he would also have been telling us how Hurst should still be sacked!

Also Ron Rafferty Fan club we lost not so long ago, I also seen to remember losing Jock Dock Tower during covid.

Those 3, and everybody else taken would have all been there in spirit yesterday!

Jock would have had a proper "If Carlsberg did football weekends..."  Town winning Sunday and The Talbot won the Scottish Junior Cup on Saturday.
Posted by: buckstown, June 6, 2022, 6:11pm; Reply: 13
My amazing brother in law Phil Mansfield would have been there for sure yesterday. Always  mariner and a top man
RIP old son
Posted by: SouthLakesMariner, June 6, 2022, 10:11pm; Reply: 14
My Mum, a lifelong Mariner passed away in 2014 and sadly didn’t get to see us get back into the League. I can remember driving home from Wembley in 2016 and Van Morrison’s ‘Days Like This’ came on the radio. Now every time I hear that song I play out the montage I would have created in her memory and for that day if only I had the technical know how. I thought about my Mum a lot yesterday who was there in spirit and despite the joy of yesterday’s match, the biggest smile on my face happened driving home to the North West last night when ‘Day’s Like This’ came on the radio again - now I have two mental montages.
Print page generated: May 18, 2024, 8:49am