Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Train cancellation- Sunday!
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 280 Guests

Train cancellation- Sunday!

This thread currently has 5,649 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
chaos33
June 3, 2022, 2:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,978
Gold Stars: 361
Quoted from aldi_01
We were allowed to buy tickets for knebworth, even though they clearly knew the station would be shut.

They then say you can walk to Stevenage but there won’t be additional carriages so you may not get on your train…flipping scandalous…remember when they told us privatising they rail service would benefit customers…

I know for some, going on train was the only option for Sunday but it’s a precarious situation at present, I’d be worried…

Funny that. How privatising the railways would make it better for customers - cheaper, more choice, better service. Bit like the great brexit con really. Cheaper food, clothing and footwear, and fuel. Said the haunted pencil that is Jacob Rees Mogg. Reality - appallingly unreliable and hideously expensive trains, petrol that costs more than f@cking wine and great gaps in supermarket shelves where ever-increasingly costly food etc should be.

Sorry, I’ve gone off on one there.

UTM

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 30
Stadium
June 3, 2022, 2:30pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from friskneymariner

£17.00 parking at P/Boro station,plenty of other car parks .

£6.75 off peak.

https://lnerparking.j-pass.com/#/user

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 30
GollyGTFC
June 3, 2022, 2:59pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,049
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from aldi_01
We were allowed to buy tickets for knebworth, even though they clearly knew the station would be shut.

They then say you can walk to Stevenage but there won’t be additional carriages so you may not get on your train…flipping scandalous…remember when they told us privatising they rail service would benefit customers…

I know for some, going on train was the only option for Sunday but it’s a precarious situation at present, I’d be worried…

The railway is in effect nationalised again now and has been for over a year. The only exceptions are the open access companies such as Hull Trains.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 22 - 30
headingly_mariner
June 3, 2022, 4:45pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120
Apparently the Hull Trains are slowly being reinstated as they’ve found drivers. Check with them
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 30
Southwark Mariner
June 4, 2022, 11:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,562
Gold Stars: 83
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 30
topuphere666
June 5, 2022, 8:29am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
Should have just gone through them. They’ll only do it once.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 30
lukeo
June 5, 2022, 9:25am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,396
Gold Stars: 149
Not cancelled but my trains been reduced from 9 carriages to 5. So I'm currently sat on the floor and will be for 2hrs 😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 30
GrimExile
June 5, 2022, 9:46am
Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,280
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from chaos33

Funny that. How privatising the railways would make it better for customers - cheaper, more choice, better service. Bit like the great brexit con really. Cheaper food, clothing and footwear, and fuel. Said the haunted pencil that is Jacob Rees Mogg. Reality - appallingly unreliable and hideously expensive trains, petrol that costs more than f@cking wine and great gaps in supermarket shelves where ever-increasingly costly food etc should be.

Sorry, I’ve gone off on one there.

UTM

With the best will in the world I don’t think you can blame Jacob Rees-Mogg for the current fuel prices!! #UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 30
FishOutOfWater
June 5, 2022, 9:48am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,575
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Epworth Mariner
Just been told my return train( Hull trains)  to Donny on Sunday is canceled……been told I have to re book with another operator and pay the difference!   Only another £140 for us all…..and that’s if that runs…..
Watch out ……

It just gets worse……..

I’m booked with Hull Trains too

I got in touch with them on Twitter & have been told our tickets back from KX are valid on LNER

After all the stadium booking fiasco at least the train replacement sounds easy in theory 🤞
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 28 - 30
Poojah
June 5, 2022, 10:02am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,669
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from lukeo
Not cancelled but my trains been reduced from 9 carriages to 5. So I'm currently sat on the floor and will be for 2hrs 😂

Nice to see karma delivering swift justice for the Ben Fox post.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 30
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Train cancellation- Sunday!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.