3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
TownSNAFU5
June 1, 2022, 11:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,894
Gold Stars: 42
Yes we had 2 free hits.  Now this is a different game with mor any stake.    Our last playoff final was built on an away win at Braintree.  Very difficult because we lost the home game.

This season we had 2 very difficult away matches.  We stood the pressures and succeeded showing great character.  We need to continue like this on Sunday.

We do have a better team than when we topped the table at the start of the season.  Only Clifton, Waterfall, Taylor and McAtee remain as first team regulars.  Although after 6 months or so out of the team we now have Sousa mark 2 starting and finishing the last 2 games.  How did he last 4 hours in less than a week?

We are aiming for our 5th consecutive playoff away win away from BP.  3 won in extra-time. (Other matches being Braintree and FGR).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 29
geir
June 1, 2022, 11:35pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +1,385
Gold Stars: 9

It is incredible that we have come this far. I would`ve never believed this after that long streak without a win earlier in the season, but now we are just ONE game away from a League return. It makes me really excited and nervous at the same time. As I live abroad I miss IFollow desperately, so for me it would really be a MASSIVE return to a whole other world for me.
I think we probably beat the best team of the play-offs in our last match, but it would be a mistake to underestimate Solihull Moors. I really hope we are 3-0 up at half-time to make the blood pressure go down a little, but I fear another tight and nerve-wracking game.

All the best fellas! Up the Mariners!

My non-football related blog: http://geirmykl.wordpress.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 29
Theimperialcoroner
June 1, 2022, 11:47pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,258
Gold Stars: 102
It’s never ever a free hit. You hope with every fibre Town will win every game they play. You might not expect anything but you always hope.
As for Sunday, I’m  not expecting us to win, but I hope to the bottom of my ballsack they do. That would cap one of the most remarkable changes in fortune I’ve seen at Town. A team destroyed by Holloway and Fenty roaring back with everything you could dream of. Trouble is we don’t do fairytales do we…? Or maybe…🧚‍♀️

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 29
bawarmy
June 2, 2022, 12:02am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +2,020
Gold Stars: 33
We have the nice fall back of scunny and York if it all goes fenty up. But hope we pull it off
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 29
The_Laughing_Mariner
June 2, 2022, 12:17am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,041
Gold Stars: 10
Just to think.  Here we are on the brink of an immediate return to the elf.  Can we do it?  Of course we can.  Won't be easy, but neither will it be for Solihull.
And to think we were literally 5 seconds away from going out at Notts County.

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 29
lukeo
June 2, 2022, 5:02am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,396
Gold Stars: 149
I retract my last statement. I keep having nightmares that I wake up and miss my train and the game  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 29
DB
June 2, 2022, 6:38am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
Exited yes, nervous no. Always said we would go up, full of positive enthusiasm for a victory and a return to proper league football. Are we going to do it, of course we are.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 29
toontown
June 2, 2022, 7:06am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,275
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from lukeo

I was shocked at this (in a positive way) I don't massively rate Abrahams as I feel he doesn't tend to bust a gut like the others but that one instance alone makes me question myself about questing him 🤔

I find that odd, one thing he has always done since he arrived was be a willing runner, working really hard from the front. In fact he made a point of doing that in his very first game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 29
lew chaterleys lover
June 2, 2022, 7:44am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,746
Gold Stars: 237
Just to think.  Here we are on the brink of an immediate return to the elf.  Can we do it?  Of course we can.  Won't be easy, but neither will it be for Solihull.
And to think we were literally 5 seconds away from going out at Notts County.

Indeed.  Let's hope for a sprinkling of fairy dust on Sunday !
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 29
toontown
June 2, 2022, 8:03am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,275
Gold Stars: 70
I definitely felt it was a free hit when we started - we wouldn't have even qualified for the playoffs finishing 6th when we were down here before. I didn't expect us to win (again!) at notts anyway although I thought we had a chance.

But the manner if the equaliser was so incredible with I think just 7 seconds left, and then to win in the 119th minute of extra time, well it was just joyous. One of the best feelings I've had about a match.

For the second game I thought the odds were significantly tougher, they finished  way ahead of us, beat us at home and had a great home record. The only thing was their last two bottled games, and our great performance at county, which made you think just maybe.

This time it was the greatest town match I have ever seen, the best in my lifetime I think, simply utterly incredible how entertaining that match was.

Now I've gone from seeing the playoffs as a bonus to feeling that if we don't go up it will be heartbreaking after those last 2 performances. But Solihull will be really tough, beat us home and away and are a good side. Pleased they don't have jamie Osborne to come back and haunt us but I am so so nervous for this game now. The monumental balls up the NL have made of the final only adds to the desperation to get out of it.

Please town just one more heave....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 29
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Excited and nervous

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.