4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
May 31, 2022, 6:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,295
Gold Stars: 226
Notts County.....likely at least one more penalty against us, penalty given for foul on Clifton not free kick that led to goal and Mani goal disallowed, red card for foul on Sousa....

Wrexham......penalty overruled, 2nd Mullin goal disallowed, Penalty given against Pearson, 2nd Waterfall goal disallowed, and God knows what else.....

would have been about 20 mins injury time with every goal being reviewed alone.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 39
Tommy
May 31, 2022, 6:26pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,866
Gold Stars: 76
This worries me. VAR (which is bad enough as it is), with conference officials who aren't used to using it. The officials at our level are bad enough, I can imagine they'll be like a kid with a new toy using this at every opportunity and spoil the game.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 39
Poojah
May 31, 2022, 6:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,669
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from moosey_club
Notts County.....likely at least one more penalty against us, penalty given for foul on Clifton not free kick that led to goal and Mani goal disallowed, red card for foul on Sousa....

Wrexham......penalty overruled, 2nd Mullin goal disallowed, Penalty given against Pearson, 2nd Waterfall goal disallowed, and God knows what else.....

would have been about 20 mins injury time with every goal being reviewed alone.

What was wrong with Waterfall’s second goal? Just poor marking wasn’t it?

Agree though, VAR would’ve had an absolute field day with that match.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 39
moosey_club
May 31, 2022, 6:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,295
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Poojah

What was wrong with Waterfall’s second goal? Just poor marking wasn’t it?

Agree though, VAR would’ve had an absolute field day with that match.

Smith blocked Tozer (I think it was Tozer) off to give Waterfall the free run. Highly amusing, Tozer to be fair didn't run after the ref crying he just collapsed to his knees as he knew he had been done by the very tactics they use when he chucks a throw in.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 39
Poojah
May 31, 2022, 7:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,669
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from moosey_club

Smith blocked Tozer (I think it was Tozer) off to give Waterfall the free run. Highly amusing, Tozer to be fair didn't run after the ref crying he just collapsed to his knees as he knew he had been done by the very tactics they use when he chucks a throw in.

Hadn’t noticed that. Watched it back and you’re right, Smith has turned his back on the ball and heads straight towards Tozer. Not one you’d expect to see given very often, perhaps not even with VAR, but it was probably more of a foul than Wrexham’s first half disallowed goal.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 39
Kris2
May 31, 2022, 8:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Poojah

Hadn’t noticed that. Watched it back and you’re right, Smith has turned his back on the ball and heads straight towards Tozer. Not one you’d expect to see given very often, perhaps not even with VAR, but it was probably more of a foul than Wrexham’s first half disallowed goal.

Probably the ref evening things out since the penalty was very soft. I think it'd be called as a foul if Smith had blocked off the goalkeeper from claiming balls like Wrexham did to Crocombe several times, including the disallowed goal. It's technically obstruction but most won't give that since he didn't knock him flying or hold him, he just blocked Tozer's path so he couldn't follow the run of Waterfall.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 39
Northernsoul
May 31, 2022, 8:10pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +97
To even things up, from what I saw both during the game and the highlights the ref could have blown for fouling by French on almost every Wrexham set piece, always on Crocombe's toes. We played them at their own game and did it very well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 39
lee65
May 31, 2022, 8:52pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,486
Gold Stars: 10
Don’t forget Crocombes “challenge” that wiped out their player too!, though highly entertaining, with VAR it would’ve been a red card, pen, and Shaun Pearson in goal  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 39
Heswall Mariner
May 31, 2022, 9:03pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +594
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from Tinymariner
Apparently it is being used at our game!

Please not - I am not interested if a player has a big toe an inch offside following a wonder goal. VAR has gone too far for me.  Referees are human & make mistakes - ok.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 39
GrimRob
May 31, 2022, 9:10pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,432
Gold Stars: 113
Shame, I was hoping for a Hand of Cod winner.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 19 - 39
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › VAR

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.