3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
forza ivano
May 30, 2022, 4:57pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,267
Gold Stars: 266
scousers trying to get into a game with forged tickets - I'm amazed and shocked (not)

always the victims...........

ps and the faux shock that French police (like the Italians) steam in, use tear gas, wield the baton and then ask questions later. i mean who could possibly have thought that might happen.

where's ffs when you need him?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 27
aldi_01
May 30, 2022, 5:27pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from forza ivano
scousers trying to get into a game with forged tickets - I'm amazed and shocked (not)

always the victims...........

ps and the faux shock that French police (like the Italians) steam in, use tear gas, wield the baton and then ask questions later. i mean who could possibly have thought that might happen.

where's ffs when you need him?

They’ve travelled across Europe for years, this isn’t their first rodeo, surely they’re aware of how foreign policing at football works…

I was at Hellas a few years back, at home to carpi, needed a win to go up. I was still having an ale outside a bar, carpi team bus rolls past, every man and his dog throws excrement at it…Caribineri rock up wielding batons, catch one on the arm, lotwrelly stood minding my own business…attitude was, ‘I was in the way…’

It’s not right but it’s how they are so nobody should be shocked really…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 27
moosey_club
May 30, 2022, 10:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,294
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from TownSNAFU5

Most of these problems would be avoided if only fans travelled who had a ticket - from an authorised source.  

This is always the issue that always get conveniently forgotten , especially by the Liverpool brigade...but...unfortunately both home and abroad the long standing tactic of turning up on masse and expecting the gates just to be opened so you don't roam the streets and have to be policed has met resistance now.
Have clear memories of Scousers pulling mates up over the walls at the Old Wembley in the 80's.

It was only mentioned on here last week before the County game , only 2000 tickets  why dont we just turn up as they will let you in rather than wander around the city centre.

No ticket, don't go. Simples.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 27
grimps
May 31, 2022, 2:54am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,136
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from moosey_club

This is always the issue that always get conveniently forgotten , especially by the Liverpool brigade...but...unfortunately both home and abroad the long standing tactic of turning up on masse and expecting the gates just to be opened so you don't roam the streets and have to be policed has met resistance now.
Have clear memories of Scousers pulling mates up over the walls at the Old Wembley in the 80's.

It was only mentioned on here last week before the County game , only 2000 tickets  why dont we just turn up as they will let you in rather than wander around the city centre.

No ticket, don't go. Simples.

Yeah but there’s a difference to us turning yo in Notts when the ground is only half full and a champions league final we’re it’s clearly going to be full.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 27
GollyGTFC
May 31, 2022, 6:34am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,048
Gold Stars: 358

I was thinking about this yesterday. Why is it always Liverpool though? Reportedly 100,000 Rangers fans were in Seville a couple of weeks ago. Rangers fans had obviously got tickets in sections they were not supposed to be in. Nothing happened like Paris on Saturday.
If the organisation in Paris was so poor why didn't Real fans have the same problems?

Because the two sets of fans were directed to two different metro stations. There was no issues with the station Real were sent to, but there was with the station that Liverpool fans were sent to. People at the Liverpool end of the stadium usually get sent into the huge Stade de France railway station but this was closed due to strike action.

I went to France v Iceland at Euro 2016 and we had issues getting through various bottlenecks to get into SdF. It wasn’t pleasant and there were quite a few irate French fans understandably getting impatient as it took about an hour to get the last 200 metres into the ground.

Imagine going to a sell out match at Wembley with Wembley Park station being closed and everyone having to use either Wembley Central underground station or the Wembley Stadium railway station on the Marylebone to Wycombe line.

Add into the mix that the SdF is a dump, the french police have no idea how to deal with football fans and the approaches to the stadium are all crap and you have the perfect mix.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 24 - 27
Maringer
May 31, 2022, 8:30am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,646
Gold Stars: 189
The French police have always been more militarised than ours and will invariably take a baton first, questions later route.

I wonder how the whole fake ticket thing came about? I presume the tickets had barcodes/QR codes on them. Did somebody, somewhere get a sight of some of these and duplicate them on the fakes? It would explain why those with valid tickets might later be turned away. It could be that the numbering system used to generate the codes was too simple to crack, in which case somebody with technical nouse might have been able to generate seemingly valid codes on the fakes.
It would be a lot of effort to go to for football tickets, but what would some of these tickets been changing hands for? Hundreds at the very least. Well worth the effort for more sophisticated criminals, especially as lots of people would buy tickets, no questions asked, if they thought they were valid.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 27
BobbyCummingsTackle
May 31, 2022, 9:48am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,300
Gold Stars: 307
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Because the two sets of fans were directed to two different metro stations. There was no issues with the station Real were sent to, but there was with the station that Liverpool fans were sent to. People at the Liverpool end of the stadium usually get sent into the huge Stade de France railway station but this was closed due to strike action.

I went to France v Iceland at Euro 2016 and we had issues getting through various bottlenecks to get into SdF. It wasn’t pleasant and there were quite a few irate French fans understandably getting impatient as it took about an hour to get the last 200 metres into the ground.

Imagine going to a sell out match at Wembley with Wembley Park station being closed and everyone having to use either Wembley Central underground station or the Wembley Stadium railway station on the Marylebone to Wycombe line.

Add into the mix that the SdF is a dump, the french police have no idea how to deal with football fans and the approaches to the stadium are all crap and you have the perfect mix.

All good points. It seems to have been exacerbated by the number of fake tickets in circulation among the Liverpool fans and the French Police's (and stadium authority's) poor response. I've seen pictures of police vans parked in the underpass that Liverpool supporters used and that looks like a really stupid place to park vans when umpteen thousand people are going to be using it at the same time.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 27
WOZOFGRIMSBY
May 31, 2022, 11:22am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,909
Gold Stars: 180
A statement from the local head of police, John Darm said :

Good Moaning, I am sorry that I am lit. But I had to wick curfully down the strait and pass fot bowl fans. We said we will dingle a keerot in front of ze fans and we shall be there sheetly.

Unfortunately, I was trimpled on and don’t know what hippined. But, I heard to shats from a smack grenode. The fot bowl fans are the guilty potty

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 27
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › St Etienne

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.