moosey_club
May 30, 2022, 9:57am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,294
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Kris2
Same stuff happened in Netherlands with the playoffs, ADO Den Haag lost to Excelsior on penalties and fans rioted throwing flares at Excelsior fans. Several European countries still have major problems with the casual culture that's really popular on the continent, we have much stricter controls over what fans can and can't do.

It's on a larger scale with much more fans involved and the ability to drink in stands/bring flares in don't help. Grimsby fans behaviour at Burton after relegation the first time wasn't much different tbh just a smaller scale than the scenes we see in Europe.

Was in Amsterdam many years ago and chatting with some locals who described Den Haag to me as "the Dutch Millwall"

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 27
aldi_01
May 30, 2022, 9:59am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Den Haag have a mad reputation…have a read about them…fascinating stuff.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 27
grimps
May 30, 2022, 10:31am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,136
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from aldi_01
Den Haag have a mad reputation…have a read about them…fascinating stuff.

They was saying the same about Den Haag and Feyeonord fans in 93 when I went to watch England play there .
They soon disappeared when the England fans turned up .

Back to the subject of Liverpool and their fans I think people are just tired of their continued inability to accept any responsibility for anything .
It goes back to their militant council of the 80s , Hillsborough, the Dock strikes and various other disputes .
They actually believe the world is against them and have set up support networks and professional campaigners to whinge and gripe on their behalf .

The Town of Grimsby has been excrement on much more over the years and England football fans in general always have some issues when travelling in Europe but nobody ever gives a toss.

No National journalist or anyone of any standing in  Liverpool would ever dare go against the narrative that their fans might be partially to blame for anything as they know the campaigners and activists will attack .

I was chatting to a Scouse school teacher the other night about the booing  of the anthem and he started wittering on about it’s because of the Tory’s 😂
He said the establishment are against them and they wanted to privatise education 😂
I’ve never held a conversation with such an idiot that couldn’t back any of his argument up with facts .
It really concerned me that he was a school teacher too
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 27
BobbyCummingsTackle
May 30, 2022, 12:03pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,300
Gold Stars: 307
The BBC now reporting that the issues were because of (a) the number of fake tickets in circulation (b) Liverpool supporters without tickets trying to get in and (c) locals without tickets trying to get in. They also suggest that the police and security were very disorganised.

Most big games like this usually have a cordon outside the ground that stops people without tickets getting into the immediate stadium area, obviously this didn't happen.

The French authorities also say that Real controlled their supporters better. What does that mean?

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 27
bertox
May 30, 2022, 2:44pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Well... just a little bit different respect Genoa's Serie A fan, in last home match, already relegated in second division after 15 years...  ))

https://www.ilsecoloxix.it/sport/2022/05/21/news/genoa-bologna-la-diretta-del-match-1.41457536
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 27
mimma
May 30, 2022, 3:07pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,574
Gold Stars: 78
There's an anti English agenda when visiting foreign stadiums.

Any trouble at an English game gets blown out of all proportion here compared to how the trouble in other countries gets reported. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying we are innocent, but it's the way in which trouble is perceived with English fans compared to the trouble with fans in other counties. There's serious crowd disorder in every country, most weeks, but very little gets national headlines like it does here.

Looking at the pictures from the final in Paris, the way the whole thing was organised looked like a way of antagonising the Liverpool fans, and then blaming them when their riot police waded in with batons pepper spray and tear gas. There's footage of a fan standing peacefully at a fence doing absolutely nothing, and a riot cop spraying him full in the face from close range. Now the authorities are back tracking and trying to blame the Liverpool fans instead of properly investigating the whole thing before making statements. It's as if they had these excuses ready before anything happened given the speed at which they came out.

Before the anti hooligan brigade get on their high horses, I repeat, this is not crowd control, it is riot police going all out to attack ENGLISH football fans, with it seems, the full backing of the French government, whilst leaving the Spanish fans completely alone. Madrid have hooligans as well, but they are not English.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 27
aldi_01
May 30, 2022, 3:22pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I guess the question is, surely Real fans had purchased some snide tickets so surely the same happened to them or we pushing a narrative that scousers are criminals?

We’ll never know the truth but at a major cup final you don’t expect this, whether you depose Liverpool or not the whole thing seems to be a farce.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 27
TownSNAFU5
May 30, 2022, 3:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,894
Gold Stars: 42
The CL final was a complicated mess.  Real Madrid fans watched in stadiums at home if they did not have a match ticket.  The club do not have a culture of big away followings.

Celtic, Rangers, Man United and Liverpool take very large numbers abroad.  Chelsea as well to a lesser extent.  When there are many fans without tickets there are risks.  As was said, Rangers were exemplary.

Some smart people have sussed this and produced a large quantity of good quality fake tickets for Liverpool fans. A big problem starting.....

It seems that fans arrived very early at the stadium.  The authorities realised some fake tickets in circulation.  They were reluctant to open the gates to any or all fans. The gates should have I open up to 2 hours earlier to ease congestion.  Logjams developing and tempers raised.

Robertson gave a players ticket to a friend.  A genuine ticket.  The friend never got to see the game as told via the scan and officials his ticket was fake!,

The early checking of tickets away from the stadium did not work well.

Local youths tried to break through the barriers.  

The police in riot gear overacted.  

In France they first blamed the late arrival of fans, then Liverpool fans, then local troublemakers:  now most of the blame being attributed to organised fake tickets.  

Most of these problems would be avoided if only fans travelled who had a ticket - from an authorised source.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 27
BobbyCummingsTackle
May 30, 2022, 3:59pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from mimma
There's an anti English agenda when visiting foreign stadiums.

Any trouble at an English game gets blown out of all proportion here compared to how the trouble in other countries gets reported. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying we are innocent, but it's the way in which trouble is perceived with English fans compared to the trouble with fans in other counties. There's serious crowd disorder in every country, most weeks, but very little gets national headlines like it does here.

Looking at the pictures from the final in Paris, the way the whole thing was organised looked like a way of antagonising the Liverpool fans, and then blaming them when their riot police waded in with batons pepper spray and tear gas. There's footage of a fan standing peacefully at a fence doing absolutely nothing, and a riot cop spraying him full in the face from close range. Now the authorities are back tracking and trying to blame the Liverpool fans instead of properly investigating the whole thing before making statements. It's as if they had these excuses ready before anything happened given the speed at which they came out.

Before the anti hooligan brigade get on their high horses, I repeat, this is not crowd control, it is riot police going all out to attack ENGLISH football fans, with it seems, the full backing of the French government, whilst leaving the Spanish fans completely alone. Madrid have hooligans as well, but they are not English.

Why would a football organisation and a stadium owner join together to anatagonise a group of supporters, thereby creating a problem for themselves? It would make far more sense to join together to ensure a smooth running event with no issues for stadium staff and security services.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 27
BobbyCummingsTackle
May 30, 2022, 4:21pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01
I guess the question is, surely Real fans had purchased some snide tickets so surely the same happened to them or we pushing a narrative that scousers are criminals?

We’ll never know the truth but at a major cup final you don’t expect this, whether you depose Liverpool or not the whole thing seems to be a farce.

Real fans may not have bought fake tickets if those tickets were printed and circulated in England.

I am NOT suggesting that all scousers are criminals, I am suggesting that they may have been targeted for hooky tickets.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 27
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › St Etienne

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.