Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Getting to London Stadium…
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 201 Guests

Getting to London Stadium…

This thread currently has 4,420 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
GollyGTFC
May 26, 2022, 8:23pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,048
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from It Bites
Train to kings cross . Tube to Stratford

If you’re at Kings Cross and are going to the London Stadium… walk to St Pancras and use the SE HS1 services to Stratford International. Much quicker and no train changes required.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 20 - 28
GollyGTFC
May 27, 2022, 11:17am

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Les Brechin

Another interesting thread on their forum which will affect all those who plan to drive there. (IF we do get there that is)

http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/119981-driving-into-london.html

He didn't know about ULEZ? You can't miss the warning signs as soon as you venture inside the M25 towards the North Circular, Did he also get fined for using the M6 Toll because he didn't know he had to pay for it?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 21 - 28
GollyGTFC
May 27, 2022, 11:22am

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from GollyGTFC

He didn't know about ULEZ? You can't miss the warning signs as soon as you venture inside the M25 towards the North Circular, Did he also get fined for using the M6 Toll because he didn't know he had to pay for it?

Actually thinking about it... Wembley stadium is outside the North Circular road and not in ULEZ, so where did this guy park?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 22 - 28
promotion plaice
May 27, 2022, 2:34pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,086
Gold Stars: 200
Quoted from Poojah
…is a topic currently subject to a 17 page thread (and counting) on the Wrexham forum:

http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/119962-london-stadium.html

Which begs the question: should we even bother turning up?

I just have the feeling that the Hollywood actors have no long term plan, if they don't get promoted in the next couple of seasons I can see it all going pear shaped, big time.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 28
Taff
May 27, 2022, 5:27pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +16
Gold Stars: 2
Ok sorry for this but Wrexham fan here. The thread mentioned and the other about driving in London start with posts saying “IF” we beat you , when was not mentioned once ! And are primarily aimed at our horror journeys to Wembley last week.  Yes we are now a so called moneybags club but for years had many unscrupulous owners trying to wind us down and shaft us so perhaps we deserved a little bit of luck. We are certainly not a fgr, Salford or Fleetwood for example. I’ve said all season that if we don’t go up I hope it’s Stockport notts county or grimsby all proper clubs but not cheatsterfield and definitely not the likes of solihull or boreham wood. So rant over, if you win tomorrow I and many other Wrexham fans will be rooting for you in the final
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 28
WOZOFGRIMSBY
May 27, 2022, 5:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,908
Gold Stars: 180
If (IF) we are allowed to get through to the final at the expense of deadpool and his mates, could I just suggest maybe town fans meeting up at planet Hollywood ?

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 28
lukeo
May 28, 2022, 6:27am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,395
Gold Stars: 149
Quoted from Taff
Ok sorry for this but Wrexham fan here. The thread mentioned and the other about driving in London start with posts saying “IF” we beat you , when was not mentioned once ! And are primarily aimed at our horror journeys to Wembley last week.  Yes we are now a so called moneybags club but for years had many unscrupulous owners trying to wind us down and shaft us so perhaps we deserved a little bit of luck. We are certainly not a fgr, Salford or Fleetwood for example. I’ve said all season that if we don’t go up I hope it’s Stockport notts county or grimsby all proper clubs but not cheatsterfield and definitely not the likes of solihull or boreham wood. So rant over, if you win tomorrow I and many other Wrexham fans will be rooting for you in the final

Welcome to the board, just so you're aware we like to make fun and be very sarcastic on this board. Hope you enjoy your stay here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 28
HertsGTFC
May 28, 2022, 8:17am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Taff

Despite you now being an easy target I think many would agree your long suffering support deserve some league success. I know you’ve spent serious money but so have others this season and in previous seasons.

Personally I’m not that bothered about your new owners being film stars and pumping money in what really winds me up is that every time the media talk about you they talk about them first like it’s some kind of new news.

BT’s coverage today will reference it loads and I hate to think how many times they’ll pan their cameras to your directors box. We have new owners who have an interesting back story and are doing a brilliant job at rebuilding what was a dysfunction club that I suspect won’t get mentioned.

Of course I want us to win but if we don’t I’d be more than happy to see you go up. I’m all honesty partly because it gets a big spender out of the league and because you have a good few thousand who have had to endure a lot over the last decade or so.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 28
chelseacity
May 28, 2022, 8:22am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +364
Gold Stars: 9
Doing the same journey again. Drive to leafy South West London. Nice stay over. Early train to Waterloo then Jubilee Line ( goes to Wembley one way and Stratford the other ). All booked.
Already booked !   there is the little matter of beating Grimsby Town first. LOL
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 28
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Getting to London Stadium…

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.