Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Poojah, May 26, 2022, 12:52pm
…is a topic currently subject to a 17 page thread (and counting) on the Wrexham forum:

http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/119962-london-stadium.html

Which begs the question: should we even bother turning up?
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 26, 2022, 12:56pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from Poojah
…is a topic currently subject to a 17 page thread (and counting) on the Wrexham forum:

Another interesting thread on their forum which will affect all those who plan to drive there. (IF we do get there that is)

http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/119981-driving-into-london.html
Posted by: pizzzza, May 26, 2022, 1:00pm; Reply: 2
Not really, we're massive underdogs and should be thankful that we have the opportunity to go get our arses spanked by such a massive Hollywood club.

Good luck to Wrexham in the final!
Posted by: AdamHaddock, May 26, 2022, 1:24pm; Reply: 3
Good, let that over confidence keep building up.
Posted by: fishcake63, May 26, 2022, 1:25pm; Reply: 4
Well reading some of them deluded  fools we may as well not bother turning up & just hand them a trip to london, so massive it's not true 2500/3000 gates a distant memory, what did kevin keegan once say i would love it
Posted by: LH, May 26, 2022, 1:48pm; Reply: 5
Don’t forget that they complained that the final clashes with a Wales match either.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 26, 2022, 1:58pm; Reply: 6
There is clearly a proportion of people who post on their thread with their heads up their own @rses.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, May 26, 2022, 2:56pm; Reply: 7
I feel stupid for buying tickets for this Saturday now. I didn't realise it was a foregone conclusion that Wrexham were going to stroll past us. I'd have saved the money and watched the highlights on Netflix in 6 months if I'd known.
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, May 26, 2022, 2:59pm; Reply: 8
Motorway to ilford
Train to London stadium, including walrus final mile or so to the ground
Posted by: GollyGTFC, May 26, 2022, 3:03pm; Reply: 9
The confidence they seem to have considering they've been stuck in this league for 14 seasons and counting is quite impressive really. And they only made the play-offs 4 times in those 14 seasons. And they got knocked out at the first hurdle in 3 of those play-off campaigns. With that track record I'd be keeping my mouth firmly shut.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, May 26, 2022, 3:52pm; Reply: 10
And at the other end of the scale...

I need a new Town scarf. Daren't buy one as I think it will jinx us.
Posted by: RonMariner, May 26, 2022, 4:13pm; Reply: 11
Yes, we have to accept it's just a foregone conclusion, just like their epic Wembley Trophy win against tiny Bromley, or their momentous stroll to victory against Dagenham on the last day of the season.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, May 26, 2022, 4:59pm; Reply: 12
Park at Epping, tube all the way on the central line to Stratford
Posted by: forza ivano, May 26, 2022, 6:04pm; Reply: 13
oh well, it was nice whilst it lasted.

Good luck to wrexham in the final  ;)
Posted by: jamesgtfc, May 26, 2022, 6:20pm; Reply: 14
If ever there was a 96th minute goal that could change the ending of a Netflix documentary, this Saturday is it.
Posted by: It Bites, May 26, 2022, 7:11pm; Reply: 15
Train to kings cross . Tube to Stratford
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 26, 2022, 7:15pm; Reply: 16
Can we delete this thread now as it’s a jinx.
Posted by: aldi_01, May 26, 2022, 7:15pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from jamesgtfc
If ever there was a 96th minute goal that could change the ending of a Netflix documentary, this Saturday is it.

Whilst I’m not predicting a town win, the prospect of seeing 1200 town losing their minds with a late goal that prevents Wrexham going through would make it worth watching…
Posted by: Eastendmariner, May 26, 2022, 7:16pm; Reply: 18
they can park outside my House for £20 and use my pushbike to the stadium if they wish
Posted by: moosey_club, May 26, 2022, 7:36pm; Reply: 19
I just hope that Hurst engages his humanitarian side and selects any players that are fans of Ryan Reynolds first and foremost, ahead of  their capability.
As the result is a foregone conclusion it would be pretty poor form to deny any player the chance to play in front of their matinee idol.

Cmon Hurst. Do the right thing.

Posted by: GollyGTFC, May 26, 2022, 8:23pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from It Bites
Train to kings cross . Tube to Stratford

If you’re at Kings Cross and are going to the London Stadium… walk to St Pancras and use the SE HS1 services to Stratford International. Much quicker and no train changes required.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, May 27, 2022, 11:17am; Reply: 21
Quoted from Les Brechin

Another interesting thread on their forum which will affect all those who plan to drive there. (IF we do get there that is)

http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/119981-driving-into-london.html

He didn't know about ULEZ? You can't miss the warning signs as soon as you venture inside the M25 towards the North Circular, Did he also get fined for using the M6 Toll because he didn't know he had to pay for it?
Posted by: GollyGTFC, May 27, 2022, 11:22am; Reply: 22
Quoted from GollyGTFC

He didn't know about ULEZ? You can't miss the warning signs as soon as you venture inside the M25 towards the North Circular, Did he also get fined for using the M6 Toll because he didn't know he had to pay for it?

Actually thinking about it... Wembley stadium is outside the North Circular road and not in ULEZ, so where did this guy park?
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 27, 2022, 2:34pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Poojah

I just have the feeling that the Hollywood actors have no long term plan, if they don't get promoted in the next couple of seasons I can see it all going pear shaped, big time.

Posted by: Taff, May 27, 2022, 5:27pm; Reply: 24
Ok sorry for this but Wrexham fan here. The thread mentioned and the other about driving in London start with posts saying “IF” we beat you , when was not mentioned once ! And are primarily aimed at our horror journeys to Wembley last week.  Yes we are now a so called moneybags club but for years had many unscrupulous owners trying to wind us down and shaft us so perhaps we deserved a little bit of luck. We are certainly not a fgr, Salford or Fleetwood for example. I’ve said all season that if we don’t go up I hope it’s Stockport notts county or grimsby all proper clubs but not cheatsterfield and definitely not the likes of solihull or boreham wood. So rant over, if you win tomorrow I and many other Wrexham fans will be rooting for you in the final
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, May 27, 2022, 5:46pm; Reply: 25
If (IF) we are allowed to get through to the final at the expense of deadpool and his mates, could I just suggest maybe town fans meeting up at planet Hollywood ?
Posted by: lukeo, May 28, 2022, 6:27am; Reply: 26
Quoted from Taff
Ok sorry for this but Wrexham fan here. The thread mentioned and the other about driving in London start with posts saying “IF” we beat you , when was not mentioned once ! And are primarily aimed at our horror journeys to Wembley last week.  Yes we are now a so called moneybags club but for years had many unscrupulous owners trying to wind us down and shaft us so perhaps we deserved a little bit of luck. We are certainly not a fgr, Salford or Fleetwood for example. I’ve said all season that if we don’t go up I hope it’s Stockport notts county or grimsby all proper clubs but not cheatsterfield and definitely not the likes of solihull or boreham wood. So rant over, if you win tomorrow I and many other Wrexham fans will be rooting for you in the final

Welcome to the board, just so you're aware we like to make fun and be very sarcastic on this board. Hope you enjoy your stay here.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 28, 2022, 8:17am; Reply: 27
Quoted from Taff

Despite you now being an easy target I think many would agree your long suffering support deserve some league success. I know you’ve spent serious money but so have others this season and in previous seasons.

Personally I’m not that bothered about your new owners being film stars and pumping money in what really winds me up is that every time the media talk about you they talk about them first like it’s some kind of new news.

BT’s coverage today will reference it loads and I hate to think how many times they’ll pan their cameras to your directors box. We have new owners who have an interesting back story and are doing a brilliant job at rebuilding what was a dysfunction club that I suspect won’t get mentioned.

Of course I want us to win but if we don’t I’d be more than happy to see you go up. I’m all honesty partly because it gets a big spender out of the league and because you have a good few thousand who have had to endure a lot over the last decade or so.

Posted by: chelseacity, May 28, 2022, 8:22am; Reply: 28
Doing the same journey again. Drive to leafy South West London. Nice stay over. Early train to Waterloo then Jubilee Line ( goes to Wembley one way and Stratford the other ). All booked.
Already booked !   there is the little matter of beating Grimsby Town first. LOL
Print page generated: May 23, 2024, 5:35am