May 26, 2022, 12:34am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,726
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from Limerick Mariner
No...see above

But say one was in the home end and in the process of getting ejected and one's partner was trying to convince the stewards that she was a home fan and we were a mixed party of home  / neutral fans - what would be one of the worst things they might say - how would say - calling Notts County "Notts City" rank?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 24
GrimRob
May 26, 2022, 9:24am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,432
Gold Stars: 113
It's apparent what a great togetherness we have as a unit, that's down to our management team. Notts County arguably might have better individual players but they lacked our team spirit.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 21 - 24
lew chaterleys lover
May 26, 2022, 10:17am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from GrimRob
It's apparent what a great togetherness we have as a unit, that's down to our management team. Notts County arguably might have better individual players but they lacked our team spirit.

Good sentiment but I thought we had better individual players and a greater team spirit! I didn't think Notts had the equivalent to Waterfall, Fox, McAtee, Sousa or Clifton.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 24
Posh Harry
May 26, 2022, 3:30pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,370
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from Poojah
Interestingly this still from matchday moments suggests the ball didn’t go out of play before Taylor’s disallowed goal. I was pretty much in line at the time and thought it had gone, but I think it’s actually Waterfall’s momentum which is misleading.

Still, you wouldn’t go back in time and change anything about Monday night, would you?

[img]https://i.ibb.co/9HJcfjj/D2502869-094-D-4267-A54-D-40-AD46-E9074-D.jpg[/img]

I think that’s a difficult angle to make a decision. Looked out to me live, and none of our players said anything to the officials which I suspect is the biggest pointer
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 24
Maringer
May 26, 2022, 6:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,646
Gold Stars: 189
It's probably one if those that looks well out in real time but a hawkeye type technology would probably show was just a couple of millimetres fully over the line. No VAR in the Conference, thank the Lord.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 24
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Matchday Moments V Notts County

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.