Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Meza, May 24, 2022, 10:34pm
Enjoy

https://youtu.be/vDJOsTnTcug
Posted by: Meza, May 24, 2022, 10:36pm; Reply: 1
Watch at the end when Town are singing all town are we, and Abrahams looks at the camera eyebrow raised, i find it interesting, and maybe nothing haha.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, May 24, 2022, 10:57pm; Reply: 2
What a watch that is! Fantastic stuff from the club. I was there and it was nerve-jangling and exciting and terrifying all over again. God, we play some great stuff and the togetherness is something else.
Posted by: RobDef1, May 24, 2022, 11:36pm; Reply: 3
Brilliant matchday moments, the better the game is, the more I enjoy these rather than the highlights.

Got to be said though, 14:13 it is clear as day what the Notts fan shouts, really need to be stamping that sh!t out in 2022 ffs.

What a day though, right up there. Don't think I can handle Wrexham, emotionally spiritually or financially.

UTFM
Posted by: 137 (Guest), May 25, 2022, 3:41am; Reply: 4
KUMAAN ! !
Posted by: TonySmith, May 25, 2022, 3:56pm; Reply: 5
The cult of Kumaan is alive and well for sure! Unlike other deities, he actually seems to be making things happen!
Posted by: RonMariner, May 25, 2022, 3:57pm; Reply: 6
Love it when Gav shouts 'BOOM' after scoring.
Posted by: devs, May 25, 2022, 5:35pm; Reply: 7
That is quite stunning
Brilliant video
21 minutes captures everything about football and GTFC that we love
UTM!
Posted by: DB, May 25, 2022, 6:12pm; Reply: 8
Was that Sean Scannell at the end coming off on crutches. If it was well done to Town for including him larger squad, as opposed to the playing squad.
Posted by: 137 (Guest), May 25, 2022, 6:20pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from DB
Was that Sean Scannell at the end coming off on crutches. If it was well done to Town for including him larger squad, as opposed to the playing squad.

Yes it was. Choked me up a bit to see him hobbling.
Posted by: SouthLakesMariner, May 25, 2022, 7:19pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Meza
Watch at the end when Town are singing all town are we, and Abrahams looks at the camera eyebrow raised, i find it interesting, and maybe nothing haha.

I read Abraham’s cheeky look as “you never know”
Posted by: SouthLakesMariner, May 25, 2022, 7:21pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from DB

Good to see Lenny and Macca there too.
Posted by: Poojah, May 25, 2022, 7:44pm; Reply: 12
Interestingly this still from matchday moments suggests the ball didn’t go out of play before Taylor’s disallowed goal. I was pretty much in line at the time and thought it had gone, but I think it’s actually Waterfall’s momentum which is misleading.

Still, you wouldn’t go back in time and change anything about Monday night, would you?

[img]https://i.ibb.co/9HJcfjj/D2502869-094-D-4267-A54-D-40-AD46-E9074-D.jpg[/img]
Posted by: RobDef1, May 25, 2022, 8:10pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Poojah
Interestingly this still from matchday moments suggests the ball didn’t go out of play before Taylor’s disallowed goal. I was pretty much in line at the time and thought it had gone, but I think it’s actually Waterfall’s momentum which is misleading.

Still, you wouldn’t go back in time and change anything about Monday night, would you?

[img]https://i.ibb.co/9HJcfjj/D2502869-094-D-4267-A54-D-40-AD46-E9074-D.jpg[/img]

Certainly wouldn't. I was pretty much in line too and thought it had just gone out. Bit of a tricky angle on that pic. My Dad was watching on BT sport though and said they didn't give it much attention, I guess that's because it wasn't a decision against Notts!
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 25, 2022, 8:57pm; Reply: 14
What this tells you is that the players involved , left out, injured, signed & loanees feel like they’re part of something which regardless of whatever job you do generally means a group will deliver some form of success.

The last manager was an ego maniac the squad was completely dysfunctional (as well as being sh1te) this manager doesn’t display ego and oddly enough neither does his playing staff.
Posted by: aldi_01, May 25, 2022, 10:44pm; Reply: 15
Abrahams was straight over to the fans at the end, granted he was the only one that could still run but if he didn’t care about anything other than playing he wouldn’t do that.

It’s safe to say Hurst has done it again and developed a team that give a excrement and fight to the death…
Posted by: RonMariner, May 25, 2022, 11:12pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from aldi_01

It’s safe to say Hurst has done it again and developed a team that give a excrement and fight to the death…

True. And even if we lose at the weekend this season will still be a success in my eyes. We have had some memorable victories but more importantly we have the basis of an excellent squad going forward. For once we don't need ten new players in the summer. We can bring in a few players to add quality here and there but nothing like the wholesale changes we have seen in recent years when players jumped ship at the first opportunity to escape a toxic atmosphere and we visited the bargain bins for cheap replacements that no one wanted.

If we are still in the National League next season we are going to be highly competitive from the get go.  
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, May 25, 2022, 11:38pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Poojah

Definitely not - say, for example if one had been ejected from a home stand when that went in one would have missed the rest of the game. Instead, if one were ejected, for example, shortly after 96 minutes, perhaps surrounded by 6 stewards who happened to have forgotten they had opened the gates to the away stand, for example, expecting the game was won and away fans to be streaming out, then one would perhaps be able to walk into the away stand and enjoy the glory of extra time with one's compatriots, for example,...timing is everything...
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, May 25, 2022, 11:44pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Definitely not - my daughter leapt out of her seat temporarily with that disallowed goal,I quickly quietened her. If we'd been ejected from the home stand when that went in we'd have missed the rest of the game. Instead we were ejected shortly after 96 minutes, - surrounded by 6 stewards. But da tick fecks forgot they had opened the gates to the away stand, expecting the game was won and away fans to be streaming out...timing is everything...

We’re you in the home end then? I did wonder how many town had crept in
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, May 25, 2022, 11:48pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

We’re you in the home end then? I did wonder how many town had crept in
No...see above

Posted by: Limerick Mariner, May 26, 2022, 12:34am; Reply: 20
Quoted from Limerick Mariner
No...see above

But say one was in the home end and in the process of getting ejected and one's partner was trying to convince the stewards that she was a home fan and we were a mixed party of home  / neutral fans - what would be one of the worst things they might say - how would say - calling Notts County "Notts City" rank?
Posted by: GrimRob, May 26, 2022, 9:24am; Reply: 21
It's apparent what a great togetherness we have as a unit, that's down to our management team. Notts County arguably might have better individual players but they lacked our team spirit.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, May 26, 2022, 10:17am; Reply: 22
Quoted from GrimRob
It's apparent what a great togetherness we have as a unit, that's down to our management team. Notts County arguably might have better individual players but they lacked our team spirit.

Good sentiment but I thought we had better individual players and a greater team spirit! I didn't think Notts had the equivalent to Waterfall, Fox, McAtee, Sousa or Clifton.
Posted by: Posh Harry, May 26, 2022, 3:30pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Poojah

I think that’s a difficult angle to make a decision. Looked out to me live, and none of our players said anything to the officials which I suspect is the biggest pointer
Posted by: Maringer, May 26, 2022, 6:22pm; Reply: 24
It's probably one if those that looks well out in real time but a hawkeye type technology would probably show was just a couple of millimetres fully over the line. No VAR in the Conference, thank the Lord.
Print page generated: May 18, 2024, 9:58am