3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
out of town
May 11, 2022, 4:02pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.40
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: +717
Gold Stars: 10
Pretty sure Notts gave Chesterfield 3000/3500 tickets a couple of weeks after playing us
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 25
Poojah
May 11, 2022, 4:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,669
Gold Stars: 1,508
As I mentioned on another thread, modernised Meadow Lane’s record attendance is 17,500, which came in their play-off game against Coventry in 2018. Coventry had 4,600 fans there that night. County got spanked 4-1.

So evidently, they can do it, and if the police can handle 4,600 Cov fans I don’t see why they can’t handle a similar number of Town fans. Question is, will County try on some MK Dons-esque shíthousery and purposely limit out allocation, or will the local constabulary use the press reports from our last visit there as an excuse?

If they give us 4,000 tickets, we’ll sell them in my opinion. My gut tells me it will provably be a similar amount to last time however. Our false reputation as drug addled, píss-soaked hooligans precedes us.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 25
toontown
May 11, 2022, 5:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,275
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from out of town
Pretty sure Notts gave Chesterfield 3000/3500 tickets a couple of weeks after playing us

Yeah pretty sure they gave them a noticeably bigger amount than us shortly after.

At the very least you'd expect however many they gave us last time or else that's just gaming the system. How many actually was it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 25
out of town
May 11, 2022, 5:45pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.40
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: +717
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from toontown

Yeah pretty sure they gave them a noticeably bigger amount than us shortly after.

At the very least you'd expect however many they gave us last time or else that's just gaming the system. How many actually was it?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 25
Grimsby Is Not In Yorkshire
May 11, 2022, 6:42pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Approval: +244
Gold Stars: 17

Will the game be televised for those of us that inevitably can't get a ticket due to Notts County not giving us enough?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 25
Les Brechin
May 11, 2022, 6:54pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,717
Gold Stars: 174

Will the game be televised for those of us that inevitably can't get a ticket due to Notts County not giving us enough?

I'm fairly sure that all the play-off games are televised.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 25
golfer
May 11, 2022, 7:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
BT Sports have exclusive rights - so not many are going to be able to watch unless you get a pirate stream like clic free
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 25
Sconeboy
May 11, 2022, 7:09pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from Poojah
As I mentioned on another thread, modernised Meadow Lane’s record attendance is 17,500, which came in their play-off game against Coventry in 2018. Coventry had 4,600 fans there that night. County got spanked 4-1.

So evidently, they can do it, and if the police can handle 4,600 Cov fans I don’t see why they can’t handle a similar number of Town fans. Question is, will County try on some MK Dons-esque shíthousery and purposely limit out allocation, or will the local constabulary use the press reports from our last visit there as an excuse?

If they give us 4,000 tickets, we’ll sell them in my opinion. My gut tells me it will provably be a similar amount to last time however. Our false reputation as drug addled, píss-soaked hooligans precedes us.

I went (bored and living close by at the time), and Coventry absolutely had the entire end, so yes it has been done.

More to the point there will inevitably be town fans in the home ends should we get some urine poor allocation, makes no sense at all as pretty much everybody that wants to go could be accommodated.

<*(((((>< G T F C ><(((((*>
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 25
arryarryarry
May 11, 2022, 8:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,039
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Sconeboy

I went (bored and living close by at the time), and Coventry absolutely had the entire end, so yes it has been done.

More to the point there will inevitably be town fans in the home ends should we get some urine poor allocation, makes no sense at all as pretty much everybody that wants to go could be accommodated.

This gets churned out every time we have a big game, how many times have a significant number of Town fans ever been in the Home end for an all ticket game?
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 25
Sconeboy
May 11, 2022, 8:15pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from arryarryarry

This gets churned out every time we have a big game, how many times have a significant number of Town fans ever been in the Home end for an all ticket game?

Burton springs to mind?

<*(((((>< G T F C ><(((((*>
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 25
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › PLAY OFFS - AWAY FAN ALLOCATIONS

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.