thefish
May 1, 2022, 7:35pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,267
Gold Stars: 67
Quoted from aldi_01
When we’re 1-0 up in the play off final with 30 seconds to go I hope to Christ Waterfall goes down and holds his head regardless of whether he’s injured or not…

Don’t worry, if we’re 1-0 up in the playoff final with 30 seconds to go, you won’t have to wait for Luke Waterfall to playact… I’ll go rolling on from the sidelines clutching my head and screaming in agony!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 40
GrimRob
May 1, 2022, 8:50pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,432
Gold Stars: 113
If time control was done properly and the clock was visibly stopped when play was stopped it would deal with a lot of the problems of abuse of time. Football is so slow to change sometimes, having the referee still expected to keep track of how much time has been accrued. They frequently get it wrong and just pluck the first figure that comes to mind I suspect.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 11 - 40
Plankton
May 1, 2022, 8:52pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,215
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from GrimRob
If time control was done properly and the clock was visibly stopped when play was stopped it would deal with a lot of the problems of abuse of time. Football is so slow to change sometimes, having the referee still expected to keep track of how much time has been accrued. They frequently get it wrong and just pluck the first figure that comes to mind I suspect.

Exactly this. I went to a rugby match this weekend and the clock stops when there's no play, it keeps things simple and no one has to calculate anything.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 40
aldi_01
May 1, 2022, 9:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I just don’t see the issue to be honest. It gets on some peoples nerves yet literally every team is guilty of it…

If we’re looking to change things in football there are far bigger things to focus on…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 40
Plankton
May 1, 2022, 9:33pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,215
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from aldi_01
If we’re looking to change things in football there are far bigger things to focus on…

Very true but we can focus on more than one thing at a time.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 40
aldi_01
May 1, 2022, 9:45pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Plankton

Very true but we can focus on more than one thing at a time.

We can but worrying about who records the time is low on the priority list…

The focus on the effects and lasting damage caused by head injuries, heading the ball etc is serious…worrying that people go down and feign injury in a game where winning has become more than just 3 points and pride is not…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 40
jamesgtfc
May 1, 2022, 9:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from aldi_01

We can but worrying about who records the time is low on the priority list…

The focus on the effects and lasting damage caused by head injuries, heading the ball etc is serious…worrying that people go down and feign injury in a game where winning has become more than just 3 points and pride is not…

In 10 or 20 years time, will heading be allowed? I believe it's no longer coached in kids football (certainly isn't in the earlier years) and there are limits on how much heading adults can do during training which, you would expect, will make heading ability much worse over time.

Understand the reasons behind it but I wonder how damaging a correct header is compared to a misjudged one too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 40
promotion plaice
May 1, 2022, 9:55pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,086
Gold Stars: 200
Quoted from crusty ole pie
Don’t know about you lot but am sick and tired of this play acting that as crept into this league every time a team is under pressure the player drops to the floor clutching their head refs have got to wise up to it quickly

Cheltenham are the worst I've seen at BP over the last few seasons by a country mile, shocking.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 40
moosey_club
May 1, 2022, 10:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,295
Gold Stars: 226
Either...
A.   Make any player with  a head "injury" leave the field to be assessed properly by an independant consultant

B. Use the VAR footage retrospectively and fine/suspend any player clearly feigning injury. That can be either were there is clearly no contact made or the old "three limps and I am cured" contact scenarios.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 40
gobby
May 1, 2022, 10:30pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +776
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from GrimRob

Time control is already being done properly. The Ref has two watches, one continues through, the other is stopped for injuries and such. When people think teams score in the 94th minute when 5 minutes have been allowed for stoppages they are wrong as the Referees watch which gets stopped will only read 89 minutes! As for saying  “they frequently getting it wrong” give your head a wobble.😉

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 40
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › HEAD INJURIES

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.