This thread currently has 2,650 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
April 20, 2022, 11:41pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,086
Gold Stars: 200

Same as us on a great run of form, tough game.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Vance Warner
April 21, 2022, 8:55am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,827
Gold Stars: 105
Ticket sales seem a bit slow for this one with plenty of availability. Cost of living crisis is maybe having an impact but I was expecting 5500 plus for a massive game after a good run. A win sees us with a chance of finishing 5th which would be huge. Anything else and we’re looking over our shoulder. Hopefully sales will pick up over the next couple of days.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 19
Poojah
April 21, 2022, 8:59am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,669
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from Vance Warner
Ticket sales seem a bit slow for this one with plenty of availability. Cost of living crisis is maybe having an impact but I was expecting 5500 plus for a massive game after a good run. A win sees us with a chance of finishing 5th which would be huge. Anything else and we’re looking over our shoulder. Hopefully sales will pick up over the next couple of days.

I blame the social media team.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 19
ska face
April 21, 2022, 9:02am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,753
Gold Stars: 851
Not anticipating a win this weekend.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 19
pizzzza
April 21, 2022, 9:04am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from ska face

Yeah, that's the spirit!
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 19
jamesgtfc
April 21, 2022, 9:07am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Vance Warner

We have just come off the back of the Easter Bank Holiday and kids have been off for 3 weeks so bank balances are probably not great so people are picking and choosing their games; especially when there might be a play-off game or 3 to attend.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 19
ska face
April 21, 2022, 9:33am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,753
Gold Stars: 851
Quoted from pizzzza

Yeah, that's the spirit!

Well it’s the truth, not much I can do for you really. We’re a completely different prospect without McAtee.

On the plus side, I see a young lad they had on loan from Sunderland has had to cut the loan short due to injury. Meant to be quite handy so that’s good news.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 19
Poojah
April 21, 2022, 10:12am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,669
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from ska face

Well it’s the truth, not much I can do for you really. We’re a completely different prospect without McAtee.

On the plus side, I see a young lad they had on loan from Sunderland has had to cut the loan short due to injury. Meant to be quite handy so that’s good news.

It’s an undeniable truth, though I would at least argue that this time around Hurst has had the opportunity to learn from that tough period at the back end of last year.

As it stands, there are 5 teams above us who haven’t had the luxury of John McAtee all season, and we have a large squad with plenty of decent attacking options. Hurst needs to display some managerial versatility and adapt. There was always the possibility this could happen.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 19
headingly_mariner
April 21, 2022, 10:15am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,391
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from Poojah

It’s an undeniable truth, though I would at least argue that this time around Hurst has had the opportunity to learn from that tough period at the back end of last year.

As it stands, there are 5 teams above us who haven’t had the luxury of John McAtee all season, and we have a large squad with plenty of decent attacking options. Hurst needs to display some managerial versatility and adapt. There was always the possibility this could happen.

In our bad run we missed a few key players dotted about throughout the run. Efete, Sousa, Taylor and Crookes were all big misses at that point.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 19
DB
April 21, 2022, 10:44am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from ska face

I am.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 19
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Torquay (H) Saturday

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.