Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 20, 2022, 11:41pm

Same as us on a great run of form, tough game.

Posted by: Vance Warner, April 21, 2022, 8:55am; Reply: 1
Ticket sales seem a bit slow for this one with plenty of availability. Cost of living crisis is maybe having an impact but I was expecting 5500 plus for a massive game after a good run. A win sees us with a chance of finishing 5th which would be huge. Anything else and we’re looking over our shoulder. Hopefully sales will pick up over the next couple of days.
Posted by: Poojah, April 21, 2022, 8:59am; Reply: 2
Quoted from Vance Warner
Ticket sales seem a bit slow for this one with plenty of availability. Cost of living crisis is maybe having an impact but I was expecting 5500 plus for a massive game after a good run. A win sees us with a chance of finishing 5th which would be huge. Anything else and we’re looking over our shoulder. Hopefully sales will pick up over the next couple of days.

I blame the social media team.
Posted by: ska face, April 21, 2022, 9:02am; Reply: 3
Not anticipating a win this weekend.
Posted by: pizzzza, April 21, 2022, 9:04am; Reply: 4
Quoted from ska face

Yeah, that's the spirit!
Posted by: jamesgtfc, April 21, 2022, 9:07am; Reply: 5
Quoted from Vance Warner

We have just come off the back of the Easter Bank Holiday and kids have been off for 3 weeks so bank balances are probably not great so people are picking and choosing their games; especially when there might be a play-off game or 3 to attend.
Posted by: ska face, April 21, 2022, 9:33am; Reply: 6
Quoted from pizzzza

Yeah, that's the spirit!

Well it’s the truth, not much I can do for you really. We’re a completely different prospect without McAtee.

On the plus side, I see a young lad they had on loan from Sunderland has had to cut the loan short due to injury. Meant to be quite handy so that’s good news.
Posted by: Poojah, April 21, 2022, 10:12am; Reply: 7
Quoted from ska face

Well it’s the truth, not much I can do for you really. We’re a completely different prospect without McAtee.

On the plus side, I see a young lad they had on loan from Sunderland has had to cut the loan short due to injury. Meant to be quite handy so that’s good news.

It’s an undeniable truth, though I would at least argue that this time around Hurst has had the opportunity to learn from that tough period at the back end of last year.

As it stands, there are 5 teams above us who haven’t had the luxury of John McAtee all season, and we have a large squad with plenty of decent attacking options. Hurst needs to display some managerial versatility and adapt. There was always the possibility this could happen.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, April 21, 2022, 10:15am; Reply: 8
Quoted from Poojah

It’s an undeniable truth, though I would at least argue that this time around Hurst has had the opportunity to learn from that tough period at the back end of last year.

As it stands, there are 5 teams above us who haven’t had the luxury of John McAtee all season, and we have a large squad with plenty of decent attacking options. Hurst needs to display some managerial versatility and adapt. There was always the possibility this could happen.

In our bad run we missed a few key players dotted about throughout the run. Efete, Sousa, Taylor and Crookes were all big misses at that point.  
Posted by: DB, April 21, 2022, 10:44am; Reply: 9
Quoted from ska face

I am.

Posted by: Limerick Mariner, April 21, 2022, 11:51am; Reply: 10
Quoted from Vance Warner

Slow compared to Stockport maybe but not slow otherwise - looks like 5,500 will be on based upon current stadium plan and the usual pick up in sales in the last 2 days

Posted by: devs, April 21, 2022, 11:52am; Reply: 11
Team for Saturday?
Wright
Cropper
Dieseruvwe
Abraham
McAtee

replaced by
Efete
Taylor
Holohan
Jones
Scannell

???
Posted by: lukeo, April 21, 2022, 5:49pm; Reply: 12
I hate to say it but I'd settle for 4 points next 2 games. Whether that's a draw Saturday and a win at Kings Lynn I dont know, either way I'll be happy. Anything less than we're definitely looking over our shoulders.
Posted by: ginnywings, April 21, 2022, 6:16pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from lukeo
I hate to say it but I'd settle for 4 points next 2 games. Whether that's a draw Saturday and a win at Kings Lynn I dont know, either way I'll be happy. Anything less than we're definitely looking over our shoulders.

It'll be a tough game on a dodgy pitch, but I reckon we will edge Kings Lynn 0-1.
Posted by: Poojah, April 21, 2022, 6:22pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from ginnywings

It'll be a tough game on a dodgy pitch, but I reckon we will edge Kings Lynn 0-1.

As long as we don’t pick up any injuries to key players, I’ll take that…
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, April 21, 2022, 7:11pm; Reply: 15
Torquay have form this season.  Like us, they have beaten, Stockport, Wrexham and Notts County.
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, April 21, 2022, 8:05pm; Reply: 16
We are capable of winning every game
No problem
Posted by: lukeo, April 21, 2022, 8:06pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from ginnywings

It's been a long week 😂 😂 😂 😂
Barnet. Barnet.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, April 21, 2022, 8:15pm; Reply: 18
Looking at the fixtures and Torquay’s/dag and red’s fixtures, they’d love to have our run of games than theirs.

It’s ours to lose I reckon.
Posted by: Mariner56, April 23, 2022, 10:54am; Reply: 19
https://torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15358&p=262293#p262293

They don’t like us, we don’t care!
Print page generated: May 18, 2024, 10:48am