HertsGTFC
April 22, 2022, 1:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
As I mentioned on another thread, Torquay have beaten Stockport, Wrexham and Notts County this season.

A feat Town have equalled, will be a tough game but we should be confident we can beat them at BP.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 73
mimma
April 22, 2022, 1:16pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,574
Gold Stars: 78
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
As I mentioned on another thread, Torquay have beaten Stockport, Wrexham and Notts County this season.

So have we !!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 73
Son of Cod
April 22, 2022, 2:14pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from TownSNAFU5

Absolutely battered Notts too. 3rd in the form table behind Wrexham and Stockport. I'll take any kind of scrappy 1-0 win for us here if it means 3 points.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 73
RichMariner
April 22, 2022, 2:28pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,159
Gold Stars: 210
I think this will be a really tough game.

We've had a great Easter and we're on a fantastic run ourselves, and we're at home, so no need to fear them. But like another poster said, they need to come here and have a go. They want all three points.

They can't afford to go behind early, otherwise their chances may go before they even get started.

That's why I think they'll start cautiously. They also won't know how we'll set up without McAtee. Will we change formation? Too risky for them to have a go at us from the off.

But they'll need to have a go at some point and we need to be ready with pace on the break. We don't want to be settling for a point either (unless we go 2-0 down or something - then we'd take it!) because Dagenham are still in the hunt and you never know if Boreham Wood might suddenly get their shít together from nowhere.

Also it'd be ace to finish 5th. Should be good game.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 53 - 73
ska face
April 22, 2022, 2:45pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,753
Gold Stars: 851
Can’t see Borehamwood doing anything now, they’ve still got Bromley, Stockport, Wrexham, Solihull and ourselves to play.

Think it’s 1 from us, Dagenham and Torquay. The upshot is that Torquay play at Dagenham a week on Monday when we’ve got a free week, and they also have Chesterfield, Stockport and Southend to play after that. Dagenham have an easier run over the next fortnight, before finishing with Solihull and Wrexham who will surely have playoff spots confirmed and be resting players.

Wouldn’t go as far as saying it’s a “must win” tomorrow, but would be looking towards certainly not losing as a minimum. What seemed like a run-of-the-mill, unimpressive 2-1 at home to D&R at the end of
March is now looking like a massive result in the overall context of the season. Funny how stuff like that plays out.
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 73
diehardmariner
April 22, 2022, 2:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
Was a Torquay fan on the DN35 Pod this week saying they'll definitely come here for the win.  Which in fairness to Gary Johnson, as much of a helmet as he is, he tends to send his sides out with that approach if nothing else.

Weird situation where they really need to win and we don't, so wouldn't surprise me if we try to do them on the break.  Would love to see us start like a house on fire, get an early goal and make them go gung-ho.
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 73
Mariner Timsky
April 22, 2022, 2:56pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 5
Agree with all that's been said so far

And think tomorrow will be a tough game that's for sure

Torquay need a win to keep any PO hopes alive

Town need a win to keep themselves in the pack - I would say tomorrow is a must not lose

All the teams above and around us you would expect them to be picking up points tomorrow - but as we know you just never know!

Solihull, Chesterfield, Notts and Dag n Red all at home and all playing teams that make up the bottom 4

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 73
Mrbump53
April 22, 2022, 4:56pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +335
Gold Stars: 11
It could be a good game tomorrow but on form Town are better. Ranked 5th in the league for home form and Torquay are ranked 11th away from home.

Ironically best away form are Stockport who lost away to Town and best home form are Halifax who Town beat them at Halifax
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 73
Theimperialcoroner
April 22, 2022, 5:28pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,254
Gold Stars: 102
We lost at Halifax

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 73
MarinerDevil
April 23, 2022, 6:19pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,779
Gold Stars: 80
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 73
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › McAtee injury

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.