Poojah
March 17, 2022, 3:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,669
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from ska face
Is that the standard by which the club is brought into disrepute then, nothing below a criminal conviction?

Like I said at the time, people should be careful about calling for players to be sacked as it’s not always the reserve right back causing the issue.

I think there’s a scale all the way up to and beyond a criminal conviction. If an entry-level conviction is the half-way line, this is somewhere just outside the six yard box for me.

The significance and value of the player will always be a factor in club decision making though, except in extreme cases like Mason Greenwood where there simply is no other option.

Would Kurt Zouma have kept on playing for West Ham had he not been their record signing? Why did Derby sack the only player who had no transfer value, despite him being a passenger and the one left for dead at the scene of their drink driving escapade?

Its an undeniable truth. I just don’t think we ought to be making a mountain out of a molehill out of this particular incident not because of who John McAtee is, but because it’s simply not merited.  

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 91
diehardmariner
March 17, 2022, 3:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
Probably easier (and fairer) to let a proper investigation take place before we pass comment.

You can't take anything from that heavily edited video at face value, other than that McAtee associates himself with someone who thinks it's acceptable to gob at other people.   On that alone he needs to reflect, quite simply does he want to even hang around with someone that dirty and pathetic?

If (huge if) McAtee is find to be in some sort of disrepute then is probably the time to pass judgement.  At this moment in time though we're working on an accusation, nothing more and nothing less.  
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 91
Poojah
March 17, 2022, 3:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Hagrid
well i just got called a Nazi in town for having a mac coat on so my days going from bad to worse

I’ve said for a while mate, that toothbrush moustache needs to go.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 91
aldi_01
March 17, 2022, 3:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Anyone blamed a certain person at the club…they seem to be acolyte person to blame…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 91
goldenfish
March 17, 2022, 4:00pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +212
Gold Stars: 16
Amazing what you can forgive when it’s the best player …
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 91
Kris2
March 17, 2022, 4:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
People talking like they've never got into an argument while out drinking or had the missus get into an argument you need to pull them away from. Always different sides to every story and doesn't matter who they are always somebody who will go after you if you play football for any team after the fact for social media attention.

The only one who made a statement on it is one side so without any witnesses to the events it's impossible to say who started it or what actually happened, for all we know they knew who he was and who he's related to and went to start trouble to get a reaction. I never trust anything posted on TikTok of all things.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 91
Kris2
March 17, 2022, 4:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from goldenfish

Amazing who shows up only when there is some drama.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 91
Bristol Mariner
March 17, 2022, 4:03pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from goldenfish

Judge, jury and executioner here…..

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 91
Poojah
March 17, 2022, 4:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from goldenfish

Can you tell me what it is exactly we’re supposed to be forgiving? I think that’s the crux of the matter.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 91
Maringer
March 17, 2022, 4:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,648
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from Poojah

I’ve said for a while mate, that toothbrush moustache needs to go.

And the ironic thing is that he was out flashing at the time...  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 91
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mcatee

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.