Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Hagrid, March 17, 2022, 1:29pm
well the thread is locked below but

Club Investigating the video which is available to view on the replies on towns twitter

Posted by: quebec38, March 17, 2022, 1:42pm; Reply: 1
Spitting in someone’s face is obviously unacceptable and needs to be dealt with by the police. The rest from what I can see is just drunk people being drunk and a bit silly and that is JMs only crime from what I can see.

Should be a fairly easy investigation for the club and a quick reminder of his responsibilities as a role model, nothing else.

Almost as tragic is people creating tik toks to get people in trouble whilst tagging employers etc in an effort to get someone “cancelled”. Just phone the police.
Posted by: Hagrid, March 17, 2022, 1:46pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from quebec38
Spitting in someone’s face is obviously unacceptable and needs to be dealt with by the police. The rest from what I can see is just drunk people being drunk and a bit silly and that is JMs only crime from what I can see.

Should be a fairly easy investigation for the club and a quick reminder of his responsibilities as a role model, nothing else.

Almost as tragic is people creating tik toks to get people in trouble whilst tagging employers etc in an effort to get someone “cancelled”. Just phone the police.

her statement indicates Mcatee looking like he was off his face on drugs, which i certainly hope isnt the case
Posted by: jamesgtfc, March 17, 2022, 1:52pm; Reply: 3
I don't dispute Johns mate is in the wrong and spitting is absolutely disgusting but it looks like John is only guilty of being a bit foolish in that video. The behaviour coming from the victims doesn't paint them in a great light either but it does stink of someone clout chasing and trying to sell a story.

I note she has a 630k YouTube, 54k TikTok and 95k Instagram but is using her Twitter with a following of 25 people to spread this video and hatred.
Posted by: Son of Cod, March 17, 2022, 1:56pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Hagrid

her statement indicates Mcatee looking like he was off his face on drugs, which i certainly hope isnt the case

Just seen the video, he doesn't look like he's taken anything to me. Not saying he hasn't, just that it's not visibly clear.
Posted by: Hagrid, March 17, 2022, 1:58pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Son of Cod

Just seen the video, he doesn't look like he's taken anything to me. Not saying he hasn't, just that it's not visibly clear.

She put a further statement regarding that, but agreed in the video it doesnt look clear.

guess we'll just have to see what the investigation says but i dont expect him to be playing Saturday
Posted by: Poojah, March 17, 2022, 1:59pm; Reply: 6
If you’re going to name your son Mason Dayson, don’t act surprised when he turns out to be a bit of a pleb.
Posted by: Poojah, March 17, 2022, 2:02pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Hagrid

She put a further statement regarding that, but agreed in the video it doesnt look clear.

guess we'll just have to see what the investigation says but i dont expect him to be playing Saturday

Why? Unless more detail comes out, then the only story here is ‘drunken footballer acts like bell end, has obnoxious mates’.

Not condoning it, but if we start cancelling players for things like that, then the game’s talent pool is soon going to shrink by about 90%. Not everyone is James Milner.
Posted by: Hagrid, March 17, 2022, 2:07pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Poojah

Why? Unless more detail comes out, then the only story here is ‘drunken footballer acts like bell end, has obnoxious mates’.

Not condoning it, but if we start cancelling players for things like that, then the game’s talent pool is soon going to shrink by about 10%. Not everyone is James Milner.

because Hurst hates stuff like this. no matter how minor
Posted by: Son of Cod, March 17, 2022, 2:10pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Poojah

Not condoning it, but if we start cancelling players for things like that, then the game’s talent pool is soon going to shrink by about 10%. Not everyone is James Milner.

Yeah, it's obviously not a great look for him or the club but there's no evidence to suggest he's done anything wrong yet. Agree that it sets a dangerous precedent if we leave him on the sole basis of a TikTok video.
Posted by: out of town, March 17, 2022, 2:15pm; Reply: 10
The lad who spits is a piece of sh!t scumbag.

Other than mouthing off at the start, Mcatees done nothing wrong. He even pulls his missus away at one point.

Obviously it's not a good look, but if thats the worst hes done in her edited clips, theres no case to answer
Posted by: Poojah, March 17, 2022, 2:19pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Hagrid

because Hurst hates stuff like this. no matter how minor

He does, but we also have one the most important games of our season on Saturday.

That said, the importance of the player in question shouldn’t really come into it - if an offence has been committed then it should be dealt with accordingly. Unless he was out against club instructions, I’m just struggling to see what the ‘offence’ is in this case.

Bringing the club into disrepute? Perhaps, I just think it’s easy to get hot under the collar about social media posts like this.
Posted by: ska face, March 17, 2022, 2:31pm; Reply: 12
Awkward times for everyone who wanted Sears sacked for bringing the club into disrepute.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, March 17, 2022, 2:35pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Son of Cod

Yeah, it's obviously not a great look for him or the club but there's no evidence to suggest he's done anything wrong yet. Agree that it sets a dangerous precedent if we leave him on the sole basis of a TikTok video.

A TikTok video that has been edited to show one side of the story too. I notice she accuses John of saying she was full of herself. Maybe I'm getting old but looking at her Instagram, I formed the same opinion. I wouldn't go round saying to her face on a night out mind but it is clear that there is more to this story than the woman is so keen to tell us.

Hurst worked the players hard on Tuesday and we had a long trip to Yeovil Saturday so I'm guessing players had Monday off; which explains his Sunday night out. We are in the 5th tier and our players aren't paid a fortune so we can't control every aspect of their life.

Based on what we can see, I think he needs to think about who is in his social circle and also consider that a lot of unwanted attention could come his way as his brother continues to do well for Man City.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, March 17, 2022, 2:36pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from ska face
Awkward times for everyone who wanted Sears sacked for bringing the club into disrepute.

Sears committed a criminal offence that could easily have resulted in people getting killed or seriously injured. What offence has McAtee been convicted of?
Posted by: ska face, March 17, 2022, 3:11pm; Reply: 15
Is that the standard by which the club is brought into disrepute then, nothing below a criminal conviction?

Like I said at the time, people should be careful about calling for players to be sacked as it’s not always the reserve right back causing the issue.
Posted by: Bignic69, March 17, 2022, 3:12pm; Reply: 16
I can’t help feeling that this isn’t reported had it not been a footballer. the fact that the victims only twitter posts are the tiktok video which has the word assault spelt a$$ault and a daft statement that an 8 year old could’ve wrote stinks.

That said, Mcatee let himself get involved and obviously should’ve known better.
Posted by: Poojah, March 17, 2022, 3:21pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Bignic69
That said, Mcatee let himself get involved and obviously should’ve known better.

Correct. “Right then son, dust yourself off and don’t let it happen again. Now go and practice some volleys.”

That, delivered with a slightly disappointed looking glint in Hurst’s eye, is about the extent of the disciplinary action which needs to be taken.
Posted by: Hagrid, March 17, 2022, 3:22pm; Reply: 18
well i just got called a Nazi in town for having a mac coat on so my days going from bad to worse :)
Posted by: jamesgtfc, March 17, 2022, 3:27pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from ska face
Is that the standard by which the club is brought into disrepute then, nothing below a criminal conviction?

Like I said at the time, people should be careful about calling for players to be sacked as it’s not always the reserve right back causing the issue.

No not at all but lets get some perspective here. He's gone on a night out well away from this town and been a bit of a drunken idiot like we all have from time to time but unfortunately for him, his mate has taken to spitting and he's the one that has the highest profile of the lot so ends up being the target.

If he gets involved in something like this again then it starts to build a picture but he's not gone around slating his employer or anything like that. If he's been gurning from drug use (which the club can easily find out) or it transpires that he committed an offence on Sunday night then lets have that debate but based on what we know so far, have a word with him and make sure he's focused on the task in hand.
Posted by: Poojah, March 17, 2022, 3:28pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from ska face

I think there’s a scale all the way up to and beyond a criminal conviction. If an entry-level conviction is the half-way line, this is somewhere just outside the six yard box for me.

The significance and value of the player will always be a factor in club decision making though, except in extreme cases like Mason Greenwood where there simply is no other option.

Would Kurt Zouma have kept on playing for West Ham had he not been their record signing? Why did Derby sack the only player who had no transfer value, despite him being a passenger and the one left for dead at the scene of their drink driving escapade?

Its an undeniable truth. I just don’t think we ought to be making a mountain out of a molehill out of this particular incident not because of who John McAtee is, but because it’s simply not merited.  
Posted by: diehardmariner, March 17, 2022, 3:38pm; Reply: 21
Probably easier (and fairer) to let a proper investigation take place before we pass comment.

You can't take anything from that heavily edited video at face value, other than that McAtee associates himself with someone who thinks it's acceptable to gob at other people.   On that alone he needs to reflect, quite simply does he want to even hang around with someone that dirty and pathetic?

If (huge if) McAtee is find to be in some sort of disrepute then is probably the time to pass judgement.  At this moment in time though we're working on an accusation, nothing more and nothing less.  
Posted by: Poojah, March 17, 2022, 3:41pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Hagrid
well i just got called a Nazi in town for having a mac coat on so my days going from bad to worse :)

I’ve said for a while mate, that toothbrush moustache needs to go.
Posted by: aldi_01, March 17, 2022, 3:44pm; Reply: 23
Anyone blamed a certain person at the club…they seem to be acolyte person to blame…
Posted by: goldenfish, March 17, 2022, 4:00pm; Reply: 24
Amazing what you can forgive when it’s the best player …
Posted by: Kris2, March 17, 2022, 4:01pm; Reply: 25
People talking like they've never got into an argument while out drinking or had the missus get into an argument you need to pull them away from. Always different sides to every story and doesn't matter who they are always somebody who will go after you if you play football for any team after the fact for social media attention.

The only one who made a statement on it is one side so without any witnesses to the events it's impossible to say who started it or what actually happened, for all we know they knew who he was and who he's related to and went to start trouble to get a reaction. I never trust anything posted on TikTok of all things.
Posted by: Kris2, March 17, 2022, 4:01pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from goldenfish

Amazing who shows up only when there is some drama.
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, March 17, 2022, 4:03pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from goldenfish

Judge, jury and executioner here…..
Posted by: Poojah, March 17, 2022, 4:08pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from goldenfish

Can you tell me what it is exactly we’re supposed to be forgiving? I think that’s the crux of the matter.
Posted by: Maringer, March 17, 2022, 4:12pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Poojah

I’ve said for a while mate, that toothbrush moustache needs to go.

And the ironic thing is that he was out flashing at the time...  ;)
Posted by: Mayaman, March 17, 2022, 4:23pm; Reply: 30
You're out on a night out, things get heated and somebody reacts.  You wake up the next morning and think of all the things you could have or should have done better.  Most people would reflect on how we could have deescalated the situation or avoided it altogether.  It's part of learning and growing older and wiser. It's happened for millennia.  However, this is the digital / media age.  What once was seen by a small number of people is now banded about  and people have to accept the consequences, which often means a bunch of indignant people upping their virtue signalling and sharpening their pitchforks.
Posted by: Neilo83, March 17, 2022, 4:36pm; Reply: 31
Where can I view this video as a non Twitter user.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, March 17, 2022, 4:37pm; Reply: 32
I suspect that Hurst will judge someone (and any player) by the friends they keep.

Whatever the truth, this matter that the club does not need.

Sir Matt Busby was a great manager.  George Best was allowed to get away with many things that other players would not.   There are always exceptions, for pragmatic and team reasons.  Rightly or wrongly.
Posted by: Poojah, March 17, 2022, 4:53pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from Neilo83
Where can I view this video as a non Twitter user.

Link here: https://tinyurl.com/jmacatee

I’ll tell you now this video contains some pretty nasty material, so don’t say you haven’t been warned.
Posted by: aldi_01, March 17, 2022, 5:08pm; Reply: 34
Is anyone shocked?

No doubt a good footballer but he plays like a bit of a helmet at times, look at his red card at Dagenham…
Posted by: promotion plaice, March 17, 2022, 5:08pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from Poojah

I’ll tell you now this video contains some pretty nasty material, so don’t say you haven’t been warned.

If you're not scared by this you should be alright  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feDayauQzXk
Posted by: Poojah, March 17, 2022, 5:11pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from aldi_01
Is anyone shocked?

No doubt a good footballer but he plays like a bit of a helmet at times, look at his red card at Dagenham…

I’ll take 5 more helmets, please!
Posted by: pontoonlew, March 17, 2022, 5:13pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from aldi_01
Is anyone shocked?

So by 'plays like a bit of a helmet' you can think of one example all season.

Even if that were true, people on this board have been crying out for us to have more shithouses for years
Posted by: aldi_01, March 17, 2022, 5:18pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from pontoonlew

Even if that were true, people on this board have been crying out for us to have more shithouses for years

Definitely not saying it’s a bad thing, I’ve no issue with being a Shithouse on the pitch. If he’s a girl private off the pitch, in truth that doesn’t really bottom me either…
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, March 17, 2022, 5:22pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from Poojah

Correct. “Right then son, dust yourself off and don’t let it happen again. Now go and practice some volleys.”

That, delivered with a slightly disappointed looking glint in Hurst’s eye, is about the extent of the disciplinary action which needs to be taken.

Did you just write some grimsby town fanfic?
Posted by: MarinerDevil, March 17, 2022, 5:48pm; Reply: 40
I think the problem is that he is accused, with some evidence, of shouting abuse at women in the street.  While that isn't necessarily a criminal offence, it certainly leaves him open to being 'cancelled' these days, regardless of context.  

I don't think Hurst will accept players' private lives becoming his problem, so I wouldn't be surprised to see the player fined and possibly left out for a couple of matches.  

And that's without the other accusations being true.
Posted by: LondonMariner43, March 17, 2022, 5:49pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from ska face

There's a massive difference between drink driving which is a criminal offence and could kill another person and going out, getting drunk and getting into a bit of argy bargy.  
Posted by: Son of Cod, March 17, 2022, 5:52pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from pontoonlew

Hurst maintains that wasn't a red too, it looks bad on the highlights but it's a crap angle to be fair.
Posted by: Poojah, March 17, 2022, 5:58pm; Reply: 43

Did you just write some grimsby town fanfic?

Yeah, and there’s a whole lot more where that came from, some of it pretty raunchy let me tell you.

My particular favourites are my erotic short stories Hursty swipes right, The Longe-King Maker, 50 Shades of Efete and The Secrets of Emmanuel Dieseruvwe.
Posted by: DaleH, March 17, 2022, 6:01pm; Reply: 44
Haven’t seen the video, but I generally get the gist of what is being alleged.

First of all, I’d say that if someone is making accusations regarding drugs, then, in the absence of anything tangible to substantiate that accusation, then frankly, I’m not interested. Because on the face of it, that could simply be the accuser making wild and inaccurate accusations to heavily flavour their own cause, to inflict as much damage on JM as possible.

But, as for the rest of it, it disappoints me to see people getting themselves into situations like this. It’s not the first time though that it’s happened to professional sports people, and I’m sure it won’t be the last.

It’s so difficult to suggest that young professional sports people shouldn’t be going out and enjoying a bit of night life etc. But they have to be so careful and so guarded when they do, as there’s always someone out there, only too willing to exploit a situation to get them into trouble.

But, all that aside, if it is proven that a player has been out of order with their public behaviour, or even breaking any club policies that exist, then that needs addressing, and I’m sure it will be if that’s the case.

Hate to see all this

Cheers

Dale H
Posted by: arryarryarry, March 17, 2022, 6:01pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from TownSNAFU5

I suspect that Hurst will judge someone (and any player) by the friends they keep.

Well he was not just very good friends but also a close working colleague of a certain loud and foul mouthed twit.
Posted by: ska face, March 17, 2022, 6:41pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from LondonMariner43

There's a massive difference between drink driving which is a criminal offence and could kill another person and going out, getting drunk and getting into a bit of argy bargy.  

The point I’m making is that people spent a fortnight on here cúnting Sears off and requesting that he lose his job for bringing the club into disrepute - not for the offence itself. I said at the time it’s a slippery slope & the hysterical reaction would’ve been a bit different if it wasn’t Sears in the dock. Now you’ve got a situation where the club is getting grief off some of the parties involved, it’s starting to gather momentum and will be in the local papers in the coming days. Potentially worse for the club’s reputation, especially given the high profile campaigns around women’s safety at the minute.

Might teach some people to think twice about calling for others to get the sack.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, March 17, 2022, 6:49pm; Reply: 47
As usual, people want to be judge & jury on this. Let the club do their investigation and then make your mind up.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, March 17, 2022, 7:14pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from ska face

The point I’m making is that people spent a fortnight on here cúnting Sears off and requesting that he lose his job for bringing the club into disrepute - not for the offence itself. I said at the time it’s a slippery slope & the hysterical reaction would’ve been a bit different if it wasn’t Sears in the dock. Now you’ve got a situation where the club is getting grief off some of the parties involved, it’s starting to gather momentum and will be in the local papers in the coming days. Potentially worse for the club’s reputation, especially given the high profile campaigns around women’s safety at the minute.

Might teach some people to think twice about calling for others to get the sack.

The first we all knew of Ryan Sears actions was when it was a matter of fact and he had just been convicted so the calls for him to be sacked were a lot more justified.
Posted by: Son of Cod, March 17, 2022, 7:26pm; Reply: 49
If you Google Micheala/Kayla Jenkins there's quite a lot on her and most of it is her involved in a spat of some kind. She's an influencer who was on some reality TV show and it turns out she has a less than glowing CV herself having been accused of leaving a property she rented in a right state (something to do with dog poo?) and owing the landlord 5k. Obviously that doesn't mean anything in its own right and doesn't warrant being spat on, that's absolutely horrible from McAtee's pal and McAtee himself at the very least needs to be condemned for shouting at people in the street. However, it's clear there's more to this than she is saying and it's not entirely out of the realms of possibility that she is in some way fame hungry. I don't buy the fact that this was as unprovoked as she says it was as the video shows that it's clearly escalated from somewhere and drunken spats in the street are never that one sided.

I'm certainly not justifying anyone's behaviour here, just to be clear. Just trying to add a bit of context. Fully aware that that's coming from a biased place too as a Town fan who wants McAtee on the pitch on Saturday.
Posted by: ska face, March 17, 2022, 7:27pm; Reply: 50
Quoted from jamesgtfc

The first we all knew of Ryan Sears actions was when it was a matter of fact and he had just been convicted so the calls for him to be sacked were a lot more justified.

I’m sorry I really can’t simplify it any further for you, but you’ve missed the point again.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 17, 2022, 7:32pm; Reply: 51
Quoted from Hagrid

Not the leather one again?! I told you not to wear that, especially since you cut your cheek shaving and affected to wear a monacle.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 17, 2022, 7:35pm; Reply: 52
Quoted from Maringer

And the ironic thing is that he was out flashing at the time...  ;)

😂😂😂
Posted by: jamesgtfc, March 17, 2022, 8:03pm; Reply: 53
Quoted from ska face

I’m sorry I really can’t simplify it any further for you, but you’ve missed the point again.

I haven't missed the point. Sears clearly brought the club into disrepute because he was 4x the legal drink drive limit at 4am. On the evidence we have so far John McAtee probably deserves a reminder of his responsibilities and told to choose his friends a bit more wisely.
Posted by: moosey_club, March 17, 2022, 8:14pm; Reply: 54
Can't believe anyone is trying to defend JM here, it's captured on tik tok, the very tool that our entire legal system is built upon. He is going down, no question,  possible life sentence.

Posted by: bawarmy, March 17, 2022, 9:01pm; Reply: 55
I think we should sell him (for 5 million)
Posted by: Maringer, March 17, 2022, 9:17pm; Reply: 56
Quoted from arryarryarry

Well he was not just very good friends but also a close working colleague of a certain loud and foul mouthed twit.

I seem to recall reading an excerpt of an interview where Shouty claimed he wasn't ever close to Shorty - it was just a working relationship - and he was then not at all complimentary about Hurst as well. I could be imagining it, but I don't think I'd normally imagine anything about that loon.
Posted by: moosey_club, March 17, 2022, 9:34pm; Reply: 57
https://youtu.be/_8uM0zOBuSw

I believe the girl in question was also involved in this clear cut case.
Posted by: Mayaman, March 17, 2022, 11:41pm; Reply: 58
Quoted from Poojah

Why oh why did I click on it.   I have bile in my throat.  Utterly disgusting.  I am off to seek counselling.
Posted by: davmariner, March 18, 2022, 1:42am; Reply: 59
Quite clear that he’s committed a criminal offence in this, albeit in the form of crimes against fashion!
Posted by: Azimuth, March 18, 2022, 10:50pm; Reply: 60
Thanks be to god he wasnt eating cheesy chips, he would have been run out of town!
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, March 19, 2022, 4:27am; Reply: 61
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Not the leather one again?! I told you not to wear that, especially since you cut your cheek shaving and affected to wear a monacle.

He didn’t have a copy of the ‘fallen Madonna with ZE big boobies’ did he
Posted by: stevej7634, March 19, 2022, 6:19am; Reply: 62
Erm @Poojah.. I'm 7 hours & 28 minutes into this and awaiting for the McAtee video... it's a very long advert... hopefully i'll get to see it soon as been watching it since about 11pm last night  :-/

Quoted from Poojah

Posted by: lukeo, March 19, 2022, 7:04am; Reply: 63
I wonder if he's travelled with the squad or if he's being left out?  :'(
Posted by: fishboyUTM, March 19, 2022, 7:52am; Reply: 64
Quoted from lukeo
I wonder if he's travelled with the squad or if he's being left out?  :'(

He's done nowt wrong, we need to get promoted. No issue.
Posted by: lukeo, March 19, 2022, 7:56am; Reply: 65
I'm not for a moment saying he has, usually when someone is under investigation they're left out so i just wondered. I hope not.
Posted by: Fillipe Noche, March 19, 2022, 7:56am; Reply: 66
It will lead to a pretty damning crisis of trust and respect from the fans, if PH has to leave him out today

A real moral dilemma for supporters in having to consider what is right or wrong, over their enthusiasm for wanting to see the talented footballer making a a big contribution on the pitch.

Not nearly as serious, but it must be similar to how Man Utd fans felt about Greenwood. But nowhere near as serious
Posted by: aldi_01, March 19, 2022, 8:05am; Reply: 67
Quoted from Fillipe Noche
It will lead to a pretty damning crisis of trust and respect from the fans, if PH has to leave him out today

A real moral dilemma for supporters in having to consider what is right or wrong, over their enthusiasm for wanting to see the talented footballer making a a big contribution on the pitch.

Not nearly as serious, but it must be similar to how Man Utd fans felt about Greenwood. But nowhere near as serious

Football fans are fickle…if Mcatee was excrement nobody would’ve been arsed and they’d have responded pretty much the same way they did to Sears.

Unless he’s been suspended by the club pending an investigation he should play on…
Posted by: Hagrid, March 19, 2022, 8:07am; Reply: 68

Erm if a player did what greenwood did with all the evidence there to see and hear id want him nowhere near this club
Posted by: It Bites, March 19, 2022, 8:18am; Reply: 69

Opinions today and no accusations?
Posted by: Mariner John, March 19, 2022, 8:55am; Reply: 70
So news rag, just blow it all out of proportion

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10628435/Footballer-rows-influencer-street-one-group-spits-friends-face.html
Posted by: jamesgtfc, March 19, 2022, 9:05am; Reply: 71
Quoted from Mariner John

Pretty disgusting that you need to get near the end of the article to establish McAtee didn't spit.
Posted by: pen penfras, March 19, 2022, 9:33am; Reply: 72
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Pretty disgusting that you need to get near the end of the article to establish McAtee didn't spit.

The headline says it wasn't him.

Mountain out of a mole hill. His friend is disgusting and he looks like a bell end, but 99% of footballers look like bell ends and that's not a crime.
Posted by: Kris2, March 19, 2022, 10:13am; Reply: 73
So she's an influencer, used to editing videos and presenting things to make herself look good which is not really surprising. Seems like she's using the name of a footballer to get herself some media coverage because he happened to be there when it was some unknown person who did everything, she only wants to go after McAtee though who just happened to be there and argued with them instead of the random guy who did everything.

We only have the edited together clips she posted on her social media so have no idea how it all started. Being gobby and how she talks fancying herself as a bit of a London gangster I wouldn't be surprised if she started something herself with her mates. Shouldn't spit because that's gross but I think she's trying to create a situation out of nothing to benefit her views and money.
Posted by: Poojah, March 19, 2022, 10:24am; Reply: 74
Quoted from Kris2
So she's an influencer, used to editing videos and presenting things to make herself look good which is not really surprising. Seems like she's using the name of a footballer to get herself some media coverage because he happened to be there when it was some unknown person who did everything, she only wants to go after McAtee though who just happened to be there and argued with them instead of the random guy who did everything.

We only have the edited together clips she posted on her social media so have no idea how it all started. Being gobby and how she talks fancying herself as a bit of a London gangster I wouldn't be surprised if she started something herself with her mates. Shouldn't spit because that's gross but I think she's trying to create a situation out of nothing to benefit her views and money.

She’s influencing no one, I can assure you. It’s a lazy term; much like people who build themselves a ten-bob website and instantly call themselves an ‘entrepreneur’ before they’ve even made their first quid.  

With all due respect, McAtee is a non-league footballer who plays for Grimsby Town. Not one person who is not a Town fan gives a moment’s fúck about this story, and I think it’s fair to say it registers pretty low down on the list of even Town fans’ priorities.

In the footage, which is clearly edited as suggested, McAtee does literally nothing worthy of interest or condemnation.

I hope he goes and scores the winner today and we can all forget about this most forgettable of non-stories.
Posted by: lukeo, March 19, 2022, 10:51am; Reply: 75
From what I've seen on the videos (only just seen them) John has done nothing wrong at all. His friend on the other hand is a disgusting vile human. Spitting is disgusting and the only thing id say John is guilty of is not having a go at his mate for being vile.
I hope the videos we've seen is as bad as it is, if this is the case we and John have nothing to worry about regards him playing for gtfc.
Posted by: acko338, March 19, 2022, 11:25am; Reply: 76
If the Telewag get on this with names, it's bound to drag in his brother James, as the more well known person, to make the story bigger and worse to read, even if he wasn't there and knew nothing about it !!

Club employee - let the club decide if any employment clauses have been broken, and to what extent !

Innocent - until proven Tik Tok or Facebook guilty, of course, so let him play on.

Moral - pick your "friends" with more care, especially if you can be manipulated in public circumstances !!
Posted by: darren9, March 19, 2022, 12:13pm; Reply: 77
https://twitter.com/DelphiEllis/status/1503303075087491076/video/1
Posted by: Abdul19, March 19, 2022, 12:15pm; Reply: 78
Daily Mail 'journalist' missing an open goal there by not mentioning McAtee's xK a week Premier League wonderkid brother.
Posted by: ginnywings, March 19, 2022, 12:49pm; Reply: 79
Attention seeking woman gets in a spat that just happens to get filmed and ends up in a daily newspaper; if you can call the Mail a newspaper.

Yawn!
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 19, 2022, 1:00pm; Reply: 80
Complete non story, he should start today. All being well someone has took him to one side and told him not to be a bell end.
Posted by: It Bites, March 19, 2022, 2:01pm; Reply: 81
Starts today . Great news
Posted by: DB, March 19, 2022, 2:02pm; Reply: 82
A something and nothing story about McAtee. He can't control what his mates do on a night out and the vid shows an edited version. No sympathy for his mate though. John should not be disciplined for something he clearly didn't do.
Posted by: Billywhiz, March 19, 2022, 2:10pm; Reply: 83
He’s playing according to the BBC , good!
Posted by: Poojah, March 19, 2022, 2:20pm; Reply: 84
Quoted from Billywhiz
He’s playing according to the BBC , good!

Never in doubt.
Posted by: supertown, March 19, 2022, 2:37pm; Reply: 85

The two incidents are so far apart, how can you even put them in the same paragraph. Idiot
Posted by: It Bites, March 19, 2022, 2:40pm; Reply: 86
Quoted from supertown

The two incidents are so far apart, how can you even put them in the same paragraph. Idiot

Absolutely, poor Fil and his opinions are still making us laugh
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 19, 2022, 2:53pm; Reply: 87
Quoted from Kris2

That's how I read it Kris. She felt the need to put a soundtrack on the video FFS. Queen of the Chavs.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 19, 2022, 2:57pm; Reply: 88
Quoted from darren9

From that girl's video, and we can't see the whole incident but it's clearly been edited, it's nothing like that incident in the video you just posted.
Posted by: arryarryarry, March 19, 2022, 5:18pm; Reply: 89
Quoted from Maringer

I seem to recall reading an excerpt of an interview where Shouty claimed he wasn't ever close to Shorty - it was just a working relationship - and he was then not at all complimentary about Hurst as well. I could be imagining it, but I don't think I'd normally imagine anything about that loon.

Just pointing out that Scott was a loud mouthed twit.

I was sat in the stand behind the dug outs at an away games, can't remember which one but Scott had to be spoken to by a Steward because of his language.

That didn't stop Hurst working with him at three different clubs so to penalize a player as some may suggest for being a loud mouthed twit (not suggesting McAtee was as haven't the video) would be a bit hypocritical.
Posted by: aldi_01, March 20, 2022, 6:23am; Reply: 90
Was the behaviour of his mates acceptable? No. Should someone spit? Absolutely not. Does Mcatee seemingly do anything wrong? Not really? Is the video clearly edited to provide an agenda and a skewed viewpoint from someone who attempts to make a living from doing absolutely nothing? Definitely.

I’ve spoke to several female town fans who’ve seen the clip and all are in agreement that the behaviour is shite but all also agree that actually, women like this are half the issue as to why genuine cases of abuse and aggression are met with resistance by the authorities. It undermines genuine cases, it makes people question it and become sceptical.
Posted by: Heswall Mariner, March 20, 2022, 2:57pm; Reply: 91
PH has confirmed that the internal investigation into the conduct of a Mariners player is finished & the matter is closed - that's fine by me. Let's now put this one to bed eh?
Print page generated: May 23, 2024, 8:48am