5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
March 17, 2022, 9:04am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,490
Gold Stars: 536
Garbage article on Max Crocombe today, questioning should he be number 1 going into next season, highlighting the errors he's made so far etc

Complete hatchet job, 12 games to go in the season. Mckeown replied to the article giving his thoughts and the cowardly gits have gone and removed the article from social media

that new reporter is shameful, clickbait crap and i hope the club refuse to engage with him going forward
Logged Offline
Private Message
friskneymariner
March 17, 2022, 9:11am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Sadly that is how far the dreadful Reach Organisation has dragged down the standard of Local Reporting,not just the GET,the Echo is lamentable compared to what it used to be.The old reporters would be turning in their graves to read the rubbish that passes as articles these days.Their circulation figures have plummeted so much that they refuse to publish them.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 41
jamesgtfc
March 17, 2022, 9:13am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Enough of us saw it and fair play to McKeown for calling it out. If I was Hurst I would be limiting the time I spend with him and what I tell him for a while.

The ultimate losers in stuff like this are us fans who get starved of information because of it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 41
quebec38
March 17, 2022, 9:14am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,588
Gold Stars: 48
I said it when he first turned up at Grimsby - came across a bit try-hard and divisive. He then really reigned it in I guess due to the reaction he was getting online. He’s now come back with this rubbish? I guess he’s listened to the pod on Sunday which was his inspiration for the article. Why else would you feel the need after a clean sheet at Yeovil?

FYI I love the podcast. However, the Crocombe opinion is plain wrong. He’s been much better than Macca this season,as much as we all love the guy.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 41
ska face
March 17, 2022, 9:17am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,753
Gold Stars: 851
I honestly don’t know why Hurst it the club give him the time of day. The bloke’s an absolute fùcking clown, typical straight-out-of-university bottom rung reporter with a high opinion of himself but no real insight or decent knowledge of the game. Certainly not at this level.

Andy Tillson was co-commentator on Saturday and said a few times that Crocombe looked solid. Think there’s been a few times where Crocombe has looked uneasy with balls right under his bar (wasn’t it really windy at Yeovil too?), but anything off his line he’s a million times more assured and confident than McKeown.

Still, I’ve read the article and other people might do the same on the back of me & others getting wound up, so Jackson’s done his job.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 41
jamesgtfc
March 17, 2022, 9:32am
Vodka Drinker
He's reposted it now McKeown is on the training ground and unable to reply!

[url]https://twitter.com/grimsbytownlive/status/1504389581185060867?t=zgtr8wZuHB90za9r8oUR0Q&s=19[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 41
jamesgtfc
March 17, 2022, 9:36am
Vodka Drinker
Here is the original.

[url=https://postimg.cc/RWHm1zR5][img]https://i.postimg.cc/RWHm1zR5/Screenshot-20220317-093305.png[/img][/url]

[url=https://postimg.cc/4YVC7QfX][img]https://i.postimg.cc/DwY7NxR4/Screenshot-20220317-093324.png[/img][/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 41
Mayaman
March 17, 2022, 9:55am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,421
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from ska face
I honestly don’t know why Hurst it the club give him the time of day. The bloke’s an absolute fùcking clown, typical straight-out-of-university bottom rung reporter with a high opinion of himself but no real insight or decent knowledge of the game. Certainly not at this level.

Andy Tillson was co-commentator on Saturday and said a few times that Crocombe looked solid. Think there’s been a few times where Crocombe has looked uneasy with balls right under his bar (wasn’t it really windy at Yeovil too?), but anything off his line he’s a million times more assured and confident than McKeown.

Still, I’ve read the article and other people might do the same on the back of me & others getting wound up, so Jackson’s done his job.

A star for the first paragraph.  Yep, straight out of uni, but didn't learn to write a coherent headline.  Instead, he crams his unwatched video into every article, sporting his smug mug.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 41
GollyGTFC
March 17, 2022, 10:17am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,048
Gold Stars: 358
That is the new way with online news. A catchy/clickbait headline that doesn’t actually give away the details so that click on the link and are taken to the webpage full of adverts.

We can moan as much as we like, but physical newspapers are dying and monetising online content is crucial to local newspapers being viable and continuing.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 8 - 41
jamesgtfc
March 17, 2022, 10:23am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from GollyGTFC
That is the new way with online news. A catchy/clickbait headline that doesn’t actually give away the details so that click on the link and are taken to the webpage full of adverts.

We can moan as much as we like, but physical newspapers are dying and monetising online content is crucial to local newspapers being viable and continuing.

I get that but maybe he should spend time searching for what our former players have been getting up to since leaving here rather than trolling the club and deleting it (and reposting it 2 hours later with a different hook) because a player who has played 400 games for the club called him out on it.

A friend who works for another paper told me articles about former players get the most hits because they often get shared by fans of other clubs too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 41
jamesgtfc
March 17, 2022, 11:17am
Vodka Drinker
I see Elliott was seeking questions from fans for his interview with Hurst this morning. He tweeted the article again but both the second tweet and the article have now disappeared.

Hopefully his interview with Hurst this morning was a very short one that involved being told where to go.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 41
ska face
March 17, 2022, 11:37am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,753
Gold Stars: 851
Quoted from quebec38
I said it when he first turned up at Grimsby - came across a bit try-hard and divisive. He then really reigned it in I guess due to the reaction he was getting online. He’s now come back with this rubbish? I guess he’s listened to the pod on Sunday which was his inspiration for the article. Why else would you feel the need after a clean sheet at Yeovil?

FYI I love the podcast. However, the Crocombe opinion is plain wrong. He’s been much better than Macca this season,as much as we all love the guy.

I just listened to the podcast after not bothering for ages & got as far as someone saying he wouldn’t be surprised to see McKeown join a Championship club as a back up keeper in the summer.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 41
GhostDan
March 17, 2022, 12:19pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +984
Gold Stars: 12
Was told a week or so ago Elliott won't be covering GTFC for much longer, apparently he's been promoted and moving to one of the bigger clubs in the midlands.  Which tells you all you need to know about the state of 'journalism' these days.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 41
chaos33
March 17, 2022, 12:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,980
Gold Stars: 361
Worst GTFC correspondent I can remember - not fit to tie the bootlaces of Charles Ekberg or Nigel Newshound. The GT is a waste of time - terrible quality of content and an unusable website due to the proliferation of adverts and pop ups that ruin its functionality. It’s a dead duck. It’s embarrassing.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 41
Caveman
March 17, 2022, 1:32pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +767
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from chaos33
Worst GTFC correspondent I can remember - not fit to tie the bootlaces of Charles Ekberg or Nigel Newshound. The GT is a waste of time - terrible quality of content and an unusable website due to the proliferation of adverts and pop ups that ruin its functionality. It’s a dead duck. It’s embarrassing.

I know what Roy Line would have thought of
this idiot. Sadly the paper and its Hull counterpart
have both sunk to all-time lows.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 41
HerveJosse
March 17, 2022, 1:36pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.88
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,217
Gold Stars: 144
If you still buy physical newspapers and don’t do Twitter and Facebook etc then good on you if not you reap what you sow.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 41
Mayaman
March 17, 2022, 1:40pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I get that but maybe he should spend time searching for what our former players have been getting up to since leaving here rather than trolling the club and deleting it (and reposting it 2 hours later with a different hook) because a player who has played 400 games for the club called him out on it.

A friend who works for another paper told me articles about former players get the most hits because they often get shared by fans of other clubs too.

Lazy journalism.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 41
jamesgtfc
March 17, 2022, 1:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from HerveJosse
If you still buy physical newspapers and don’t do Twitter and Facebook etc then good on you if not you reap what you sow.

I subscribe to publications worth subscribing to but I had to visit the bank last week to put a cheque in at the machine. A member of staff was telling me how I could save time by doing it through the app on my phone.

These staff are literally accelerating the loss of their jobs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 41
diehardmariner
March 17, 2022, 3:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
Sad state of affairs that this is the level of content that people* want.  

The thirst for proper journalism is dwindling when faced with the easier to digest click-bait type stuff.  I'll hazard a guess that this trend is probably reflected in the training journalists receive these days.

I completely agree, the stuff he's putting out and that of whatever remains of the GT, is absolutely dreadful.  But they're catering to the demands of the market.  

*Most people, not all.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 41
DB
March 17, 2022, 6:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
I stopped reading the GT years ago. When Reach took over the quality went downhill fast. As for the GL it's good for the obituaries and that's where it ends.

If Elliots is moving good riddance and my condolences to his new audience.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 41
Poojah
March 17, 2022, 8:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,669
Gold Stars: 1,508
It’s a sad state of affairs - I used to look forward to the Telegraph dropping through my mum’s letterbox after school to read the latest Town news. The Sports Telegraph was really impressive logistically too, when you think about it. It would often drop through the door before my feet had even fully thawed from the match.

The digital age was always going to be the beginning of the end for the traditional press, but this kind of journalism, not to mention the broader ‘experience’ only pours accelerant on the flames burning it to the ground.

I’d be tempted to give the kid in question a little bit of slack; he’s relatively inexperienced to be in that role, will have been told to work to such a template and, I would imagine, is probably paid a miserly basic salary and commissioned on ad revenue generated from clicks. Hopefully he’ll learn from his mistakes and go on to have a decent career - but not writing like that.

But the Reach Group and their like are responsible for their own demise, operating in a vicious circle of declining revenues, a reduction in their ability to pay and attract decent staff, and a short-term urgency for clicks which fuels the further degradation of their offering.

There are about 80 really talented content producers in my organisation, nearly all ex-journalists or journalism graduates who have been totally alienated by the industry and its declining prospects.

But it needn’t be that way, it just requires a bit of thought and innovation. Anyone who subscribes to The Athletic will understand this.

Honestly, if the Telegraph Sports section went behind a paywall but provided regular Town related content of genuine interest and editorial quality, in a pleasant environment, I would absolutely subscribe for £5 - £10 a month. I bet loads of others would too.

I wouldn’t even mind seeing the odd ad or two either, so long as it wasn’t shoved down my throat like a Mason Greenwood cumshot, so they wouldn’t have to abandon that method entirely. In fact, I bet you could generate more ad revenue in totality that way because you’d actually be able to generate some genuine engagement from your readership.

It’ll never happen though, because at this point in their Benjamin Button life cycle, these organisations are completely bereft of people talented enough and with sufficient vision to make something like that a reality.

RIP GY Telegraph.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 41
blundellpork
March 17, 2022, 8:35pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,665
Gold Stars: 32
Grimsby Live is full of stories from outside of our area, or questions for the public to answer in the hope of generating a story.

The paper itself gives large spreads to such stories as ‘How much can I buy from B&M for a tenner?’. I struggle to see how many of them can claim to be a journalist as there is never any new news, or insight, simply weak stories, written in a sloppy and lazy manner.

With most articles that I read, I get the impression that the author hasn’t spoken to anyone directly and just lifted the story from Humberside, The Fishy, or another source.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 41
dicko995
March 17, 2022, 8:57pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -252
Gold Stars: 25
Im not sure if im on the same wavelength here, but since the beginning of the season, i cannot get my head round Elliot Jacksons reports, topics, video,s etc for this season. I havent read so much twaddle in all my life. He is a really bad journalist and interviewer. I havent read a lot into the Max Crocombe topic in the Telegraph, i tend to step away from rubbish reporting, but i do hope that we get a new reporter for next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 41
moosey_club
March 17, 2022, 8:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,295
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from blundellpork

With most articles that I read, I get the impression that the author hasn’t spoken to anyone directly and just lifted the story from Humberside, The Fishy, or another source.

Yes....talking of which....I was amazed to see how many pairs of trainers Efete and Sousa have between them.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 41
bawarmy
March 17, 2022, 8:59pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +2,020
Gold Stars: 33
This is the same paper that described a missing girls height as 4 foot 12.
It’s got no credibility and isn’t long for this world in hard copy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 41
WOZOFGRIMSBY
March 17, 2022, 10:50pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,907
Gold Stars: 180
I’d trust more what Tommy target has to say

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 41
Mayaman
March 18, 2022, 12:28am
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from blundellpork
Grimsby Live is full of stories from outside of our area, or questions for the public to answer in the hope of generating a story.

The paper itself gives large spreads to such stories as ‘How much can I buy from B&M for a tenner?’. I struggle to see how many of them can claim to be a journalist as there is never any new news, or insight, simply weak stories, written in a sloppy and lazy manner.

Dave Gorman dedicated a whole episode of 'Modern Life is Goodish' to this.  He looked at local newspapers in say,  Portsmouth and Halifax and the same stories appeared in them.  Just the street name or shop name was changed.   So, a lot of stories weren't actually true. Just made up, regurgitated or recycled.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 41
GollyGTFC
March 18, 2022, 5:18am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,048
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from HerveJosse

It’s 2022.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 27 - 41
lukeo
March 18, 2022, 6:10am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,396
Gold Stars: 149
The only paper I've bought in the last 5-10 years is the non league football paper. Brilliant stuff in that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 41
Les Brechin
March 18, 2022, 8:45am

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,717
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Poojah
The Sports Telegraph was really impressive logistically too, when you think about it. It would often drop through the door before my feet had even fully thawed from the match.

The Sports Telegraph was brilliant. Not only did you get a comprehensive report on a match that had only finished an hour or so ago, you also got a full round-up of all the local football, snooker, pool etc. I regularly used to write a report on my Sunday League teams game each week and the players always used to look forward to reading that. Plus I even used to do a report if we lost!

Unfortunately, since the Sports Telegraph went it's been downhill for the main paper ever since.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 41
supertown
March 18, 2022, 11:13am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,461
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from Les Brechin

The Sports Telegraph was brilliant. Not only did you get a comprehensive report on a match that had only finished an hour or so ago, you also got a full round-up of all the local football, snooker, pool etc. I regularly used to write a report on my Sunday League teams game each week and the players always used to look forward to reading that. Plus I even used to do a report if we lost!

Unfortunately, since the Sports Telegraph went it's been downhill for the main paper ever since.

It was great but bloody annoying if you had a paper round.  Going back in at 6 to deliver half a dozen sports telegraphs
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 41
RichMariner
March 18, 2022, 12:50pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,160
Gold Stars: 211
I still don't understand how they were able to print and distribute Sports Telegraphs so quickly.

When I had a paper round they were usually waiting for me at around 6.30, and they were delivered within 10-15 mins.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 31 - 41
Meza
March 18, 2022, 5:52pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,647
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from Les Brechin

And very good reports they were too Les, i still have our league winner team photo on my wall.

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 41
TownSNAFU5
March 18, 2022, 6:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,894
Gold Stars: 42
I used to wait for it to arrive in Mablethorpe.  The best and only source at the time for Town news and general football news.  Including tables.A real treat.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 41
supertown
March 18, 2022, 6:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,461
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
I used to wait for it to arrive in Mablethorpe.  The best and only source at the time for Town news and general football news.  Including tables.A real treat.

Poor paperboy
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 41
smokey111
March 18, 2022, 7:53pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +3,362
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from supertown

Poor paperboy

I am not exaggerating in saying that the reports on Sunday league games were on a par, if not better, than some of the crap on Grimsby live ATM.

"The socialism I believe in is everybody working for the same goal and everybody having a share in the rewards. That’s how I see football, that’s how I see life.” Bill Shankly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 41
mariner2000
March 18, 2022, 8:45pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +166
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from dicko995
Im not sure if im on the same wavelength here, but since the beginning of the season, i cannot get my head round Elliot Jacksons reports, topics, video,s etc for this season. I havent read so much twaddle in all my life. He is a really bad journalist and interviewer. I havent read a lot into the Max Crocombe topic in the Telegraph, i tend to step away from rubbish reporting, but i do hope that we get a new reporter for next season.

I wouldn't;t be surprised, with 2 non-league teams in one paper, if we did;t see a reporter at all going forward......We were downgraded with Elliott last year so don't be surprised if we are further downgraded,
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 36 - 41
Stadium
April 15, 2022, 6:04pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Ridiculous headline reporting once again.

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/news/grimsby-news/live-updates-police-swarm-cleethorpes-6960365

The usual made up "witness" report with zero facts to anything actually occurring.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 41
Mrbump53
April 15, 2022, 6:15pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +335
Gold Stars: 11
Sorry but it appears that there is a RTA on Grimsby Road which has closed the road at that point. Where are the "hundreds" of fighting fans etc. so vividly described ???
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 41
aldi_01
April 16, 2022, 7:45am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
A classic case of clickbait from our once decent local rag, now toilet paper nonsense…

Hundreds…😂😂😂😂

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 41
Stadium
April 16, 2022, 8:51am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Police statement.

Superintendent Paul French said: “A football match was held today, Friday 15 April 2022, between Grimsby Town and Stockport County.

“Throughout the day my colleagues were pleased to meet and talk to fans from both sides and I would like to thank those supporters who helped make the day enjoyable and a real success.

“Three arrests were made in total; one before the game and two during the game. They all remain in our custody while enquiries continue.

“Disappointingly, a small number of home and away fans met in Cleethorpes town centre following the match.

“Officers were immediately deployed and the incident was swiftly resolved.

“While no offences were reported and while we have received no reports of anyone being assaulted, we will now review footage of the incident and determine if any further action will be required.

“I would like to reassure anyone who was concerned by the deployment of officers into the area, that this was done to ensure there was no escalation, to prevent offences and to keep people safe, and I am grateful to the wider community for their patience and understanding.

“I would like to thank our officers, colleagues from British Transport Police and most importantly the vast majority of those football supporters who helped make the day such an enjoyable one.

“If anyone has any concerns following today or report they would like to make, please call our non-emergency 101 number quoting log 144 of 15 April 2022.”

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 41
scrumble
April 16, 2022, 10:09am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +986
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Stadium
Ridiculous headline reporting once again.

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/news/grimsby-news/live-updates-police-swarm-cleethorpes-6960365

The usual made up "witness" report with zero facts to anything actually occurring.

I love the fact that they report "hundreds of fans" and the best photo they manage shows a group of about 10.

You'd have thought that in this day and age, with a camera in everyone's pocket, there'd have been hundreds of photos to back this claim.

Byddwn ond yn canu pan fyddwn yn pysgota
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 41
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Pathetic Grimsby Telegraph

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.