KingstonMariner
March 15, 2022, 9:09pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from DaleH

I cannot really say I am on the know. Just stuff that is fairly public anyway, or is certainly openly discussed.

Well letโ€™s put it this way. Itโ€™s good to hear stuff from a named person who was involved in the club until recently rather than the tittle tattle we get from a couple of other posters who have a big axe to grind.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 107
jamesgtfc
March 16, 2022, 10:01am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Thanks for that update Dale, it was very informative. It sounds like your words haven't fallen on deaf ears and something is being done about continually improving our womens team on and off the pitch.

What I do find weird though is that everybody who had dealings with Graham state that he was Chief Executive but Ian Fleming (and now Debbie Cook) are listed on Companies House as Chief Executive. Graham Rodger has never appeared there.

Maybe he has been demoted from his role as Fake Chief Executive but I think it's great that we are finally getting a bit of transparency as to who is in charge of things.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 107
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
March 16, 2022, 10:38am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.78
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +886
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from jamesgtfc
What I do find weird though is that everybody who had dealings with Graham state that he was Chief Executive but Ian Fleming (and now Debbie Cook) are listed on Companies House as Chief Executive. Graham Rodger has never appeared there.

That's because he wasn't CE of the club, only a sub-section of the club
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 107
jamesgtfc
March 16, 2022, 10:44am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190

That's because he wasn't CE of the club, only a sub-section of the club

I know. But GTSET is a separate company and he has never been listed as a Chief Executive of that either: [url]https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/06500460/officers[/url]
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 107
GollyGTFC
March 16, 2022, 11:09am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,049
Gold Stars: 358
Are you going to have another 11 page thread initiated by FN because the club are advertising for a Head of Commercial?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 104 - 107
GrimExile
March 16, 2022, 3:50pm
Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,280
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I would keep hold of it Grim. Might be useful one day if someone unplugs the internet.

Good point and well put Kingston!!! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 107
arryarryarry
March 16, 2022, 4:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,039
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from GollyGTFC
Are you going to have another 11 page thread initiated by FN because the club are advertising for a Head of Commercial?

Is that Dave Smith's job?
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 107
DaleH
March 16, 2022, 8:55pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +816
Gold Stars: 168
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I know. But GTSET is a separate company and he has never been listed as a Chief Executive of that either: [url]https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/06500460/officers[/url]

I can clarify the answer the question in respect of the CEO position at Grimsby Town Sports & Education Trust.

First of all, Debbie Cook isn't the CEO of GTSET and neither was Ian Fleming before her. It is clear to see that people are looking at the documentation on the Companies House listings, and when doing so, then looking at the officers, where it shows what their "Occupation" is. Their occupation is not necessarily the role that they are carrying out for the limited company that you are looking at on the companies house record. So for instance, Debbie's occupation is listed as a CEO, as was Ian Fleming before her. That is perfectly correct, as they are, or were, CEO's of Grimsby Town Football Club, a different business, but not at GTSET. Likewise, the current chairman of GTSET is Chris Grocock. If you look at Chis's companies house record attached to GTSET, it lists his occupation as "Solicitor", and that is exactly what his job is, at Wilkin Chapman.

You don't have to work in a business on a day to day basis, in order to be a company director and to be listed at companies house. You don't even have to be on the payroll, and you certainly don't have to hold and shares/equity. Not forgetting that GTSET is a registered charity, the list of directors/officers at companies house for GTSET, is essentially a list of trustees of the registered charity, of which there have been many over the years, and Chris Grocock is the current chairman.

That then brings you to the matter of Graham and what was his role as CEO of GTSET. First of all, you would also need to understand that the job title of CEO doesn't have to go hand in hand with a board appointment as a company director, and neither does it make you a de facto director. A senior non-board member employee, can have the job title of CEO. And as far as I was concerned, Graham was always known to me as the CEO of GTSET, both in his communications to me, as well as in lots of publicity items I saw over the years. So essentially he must have been an employee of GTSET in the managerial position of CEO, prior to some sort of re-organisation, for whatever reason that re-organisation has occurred.

The role of CEO at GTSET obviously does not carry director responsibility, or the risk or fiduciary duties associated with being a company director. Furthermore, the job specification reads quite clearly, that the role reports directly to the Chair of GTSET and is accountable to the Chair and Board of GTSET.

Hope that clears some things up for those that were curious about the position of CEO and the structure.

I have to say though, that it sounds like a really cracking and exciting job. I did actually tongue in cheek, ping Jason a text message when I saw it, saying that I was tempted to apply for the role. Sounds right up my street and I would have been really tempted if I hadn't recently taken on a new role myself. Great job for someone though, Someone that is dynamic and can make a real difference in the community. That understands how to drive a business, contribute to, and lead on a new business plan for a new and improved direction. And someone that can also be an outstanding ambassador for the club through the community department. It will be interesting to see who gets the job.

Bye for now

Dale H

#UTM

Time to resurrect my Fishy signature again. So here goes.

"BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 107
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Graham Rodger Demoted

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.