Reply: 40 - 55
Marinerdeano
February 15, 2022, 9:57pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +467
Gold Stars: 27
Stockport win good news. I think realistically 4th is a sensible aim. Dropped points for a rival in Bromley and remove Stockport from the playoff mix.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 55
ginnywings
February 15, 2022, 10:04pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Poojah

It is, because I always felt we struggled at home in Hurst's previous life as Town boss. Yeah, there was the odd time we scored 6 or 7, but far more common was the likes of Guiseley and other bottom feeders coming and frustrating the lives out of us, a la Kings Lynn. Also bizarre is that they appear to be the only side to come and really play that way against us so far. I hope it remains that way.

Agreed.

I've been pleasantly surprised by the amount of teams who try to play progressive football in this league. Been much better than last time we were non league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 55
Maringer
February 15, 2022, 10:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,642
Gold Stars: 189
I can't believe how many games Boreham Wood have still got in hand. They are in great form so it wouldn't be absolutely unheard of for them to keep winning and put in a real title challenge.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 55
toontown
February 15, 2022, 10:59pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,275
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Poojah

It is, because I always felt we struggled at home in Hurst's previous life as Town boss. Yeah, there was the odd time we scored 6 or 7, but far more common was the likes of Guiseley and other bottom feeders coming and frustrating the lives out of us, a la Kings Lynn. Also bizarre is that they appear to be the only side to come and really play that way against us so far. I hope it remains that way.

Aldershot did set up exactly that way, but the early goal meant they had to change plan and open up a bit more and it was cruise control from us from then on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 55
Poojah
February 15, 2022, 11:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,667
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from toontown

Aldershot did set up exactly that way, but the early goal meant they had to change plan and open up a bit more and it was cruise control from us from then on.

Perhaps. Personally, I didn’t think they did. Bizarrely. Aldershot came into the game with the 5th best away record in the league, and I think they came to try and take all 3 points only to find us far superior to them on the day.

But we all see things differently. I ain’t no oracle.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 55
jamesgtfc
February 15, 2022, 11:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from toontown

I thought Aldershot came at us from the off. They had the wind on their side and looked to take advantage of it.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 55
lukeo
February 16, 2022, 6:38am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,395
Gold Stars: 149
Looking at the league table as it stand, I have to say I'd settled for 7th! So many teams with games in hand. I predict the 2 teams that'll miss out are Solihull and Wrexham
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 55
ska face
February 16, 2022, 8:16am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,753
Gold Stars: 851
All well & good having 4 or 5 games in hand but when you’re going to end up playing Sat-Tue-Thu-Sat, as always happens in this league, it only takes a couple of injuries or suspensions to knock you.

Anything that keeps us in touch with the playoffs can only be a good thing. We can’t really afford any more losses after that run though.
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 55
TownSNAFU5
February 16, 2022, 11:46am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,894
Gold Stars: 42
Having a lot of games in hand is not the same as points in the bag.  Tiredness can hit home when playing games frequently.  Injuries are more likely.

From memory, so maybe wrong at my age, Soham had a backlog of games.  Played Leeds at home in the FAC?  They got into the playoffs but ran out of steam.  (That was when “smaller” teams got into the playoffs).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 55
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tuesday's games

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.