Well if we are being daft..

John  Macatee...he hates Scunny
He does bags of Coke on the way to County,
He pisses on seats and out the window he grogs
He's the number 1 target for the sniffer dogs,
Home or away he he earns the point
Celebrates by smoking a joint
Love or loathe him you can't disagree
His names Macatee and he plays for Grimsby.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 26
February 12, 2022, 11:00pm
Guest User
This is the worst thread in the history of the fishy.
Reply: 5 - 26
Rodley Mariner
February 12, 2022, 11:08pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,257
Gold Stars: 178
Do you remember that time someone on The Fishy came up with a really good new song? Me neither.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 26
KingstonMariner
February 13, 2022, 12:05am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Do you remember that time someone on The Fishy came up with a really good new song? Me neither.

Les came up with the Omar Bogle thing to that Blur tune. That was pretty good.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 26
Kris2
February 13, 2022, 12:56am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from KingstonMariner

People were super negative about that at first too. Remember it being done the first time at BP and people were pissing all over it. Always tons of resistance to new things.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 26
ska face
February 13, 2022, 6:42am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,753
Gold Stars: 851
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Think that was pontoonlew. Anyway, the only decent tune for McAtee is Love in the First Degree by Bananrama and that’s it settled.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 26
lukeo
February 13, 2022, 6:46am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,395
Gold Stars: 149
I think you'll find I created a perfectly good one many years ago but I can't remember who it was about! It was a black striker and it was a song about his tackle.
Yes I was very immature back then but yet it caught on in the Pontoon
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 26
Fette Schlange
February 13, 2022, 7:10am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +1 / -3
Approval: -94
Gold Stars: 51
Quoted from lukeo
I think you'll find I created a perfectly good one many years ago but I can't remember who it was about! It was a black striker and it was a song about his tackle.
Yes I was very immature back then but yet it caught on in the Pontoon

Serge Makofo?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 26
Hagrid
February 13, 2022, 7:44am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 536
Adriaan forbes
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 26
aldi_01
February 13, 2022, 7:49am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Terry Fleming…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 26
Les Brechin
February 13, 2022, 8:30am

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,717
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from ska face

Think that was pontoonlew. Anyway, the only decent tune for McAtee is Love in the First Degree by Bananrama and that’s it settled.

I did mention it but that was a long time before it took off. It did finally take off though when it was mentioned a few months later.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 26
lukeo
February 13, 2022, 9:18am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,395
Gold Stars: 149
Quoted from Hagrid
Adriaan forbes

That's the one. I just remember him on the sideline alot running up and down toward the Pontoon loving his song.
Not the kind of song I'd sing these days. Thanks for the red crosses 👍
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 26
Croxton
February 13, 2022, 10:03am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,020
Gold Stars: 33

Remember 'I'm a lumberjack and I'm O.K!' ?

He plays footy for the Grimsby team
His name is John and his game is mean
He'll chase you down and it's good to see
Oh Johnny Johnny Johnny McAtee
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 26
Cod marriner
February 13, 2022, 10:35am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +113
Gold Stars: 1
Atmosphere at home is shocking these days especially even in the pontoon, it’s embarrassing Hate to be negative but am sure many feel the same.
I know away games it’s always generally better but it’s like a library most games, the group in that far corner in the pontoon really do try get things going but it’s quickly escaped through that open end which is a shame, it’s been mentioned many times but is there a reason why that side hasn’t been closed off to help with the acoustics?
Hand full of kingslyn fans made more noise than the pontoon put together the other night simply because that stand is more closed off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 26
RonMariner
February 13, 2022, 11:57am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,789
Gold Stars: 226
I advise the budding songsters on this thread not to give up the day job....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 26
Poojah
February 13, 2022, 12:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,667
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from Cod marriner
Atmosphere at home is shocking these days especially even in the pontoon, it’s embarrassing Hate to be negative but am sure many feel the same.
I know away games it’s always generally better but it’s like a library most games, the group in that far corner in the pontoon really do try get things going but it’s quickly escaped through that open end which is a shame, it’s been mentioned many times but is there a reason why that side hasn’t been closed off to help with the acoustics?
Hand full of kingslyn fans made more noise than the pontoon put together the other night simply because that stand is more closed off.

This was an English 5th tier game between mid-table Grimsby and struggling Aldershot, in cold, wet and windy conditions, attended by a respectable 5,177 sounds. What exactly where you expecting?

A stirring pre-match rendition of Nessun Dorma, performed by a reanimated Luciano Pavarotti? Players arriving on the pitch in the style of a heavyweight world title fight ring walk, accompanied by an entourage of attractive young ladies with great big títs? A sea of pyrotechnics lighting up the sky like an atomic bomb?

Perhaps the Pontoon should have been positively alight with colourful flares and smoke? Burning effigies of John Fenty, hanging from the Findus Stand roof? The Main Stand literally swaying with thousands of geriatric fans doing the poznan for 90 minutes? BP a bubbling cauldron of noise that La Bombonera could only ever dream of?

A few coins and lukewarm bottles of píss thrown at the 100 or so Aldershot fans, with a gaggle of freshly post-pubescent youths in crisp, new CP Company jackets gesturing aggressively? “You’re going home in a Grimsby ambulance” (although I’ve always wondered why an ambulance would take you straight back to your house).

Maybe Janet Jackson getting her baps out in the midst of a half-time extravaganza wardrobe malfunction, as a breathtaking acrobatic aerial display from the Red Arrows takes place in the skies above? Cliff Richard performing an impromptu rendition of “We’re singing in the rain”?.

Personally, I’m impressed with how well attendances have held up in recent weeks, and there have been some decent home atmospheres this season, Wrexham the obvious pick of the bunch. If we’re in with a decent sniff of the play-offs, we’re playing reasonably well (and winning), we’ll soon see a return of 6k + crowds and decent atmospheres to boot.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 26
ginnywings
February 13, 2022, 12:24pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
The game was without tension, without much away support, without a rivalry with the opposition and was a routinely comfortable win that petered out in the second half. I was just waiting for the final whistle so I could go home and warm up.

Hardly stirring stuff.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 26
Cod marriner
February 13, 2022, 12:38pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +113
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Poojah

This was an English 5th tier game between mid-table Grimsby and struggling Aldershot, in cold, wet and windy conditions, attended by a respectable 5,177 sounds. What exactly where you expecting?

A stirring pre-match rendition of Nessun Dorma, performed by a reanimated Luciano Pavarotti? Players arriving on the pitch in the style of a heavyweight world title fight ring walk, accompanied by an entourage of attractive young ladies with great big títs? A sea of pyrotechnics lighting up the sky like an atomic bomb?

Perhaps the Pontoon should have been positively alight with colourful flares and smoke? Burning effigies of John Fenty, hanging from the Findus Stand roof? The Main Stand literally swaying with thousands of geriatric fans doing the poznan for 90 minutes? BP a bubbling cauldron of noise that La Bombonera could only ever dream of?

A few coins and lukewarm bottles of píss thrown at the 100 or so Aldershot fans, with a gaggle of freshly post-pubescent youths in crisp, new CP Company jackets gesturing aggressively? “You’re going home in a Grimsby ambulance” (although I’ve always wondered why an ambulance would take you straight back to your house).

Maybe Janet Jackson getting her baps out in the midst of a half-time extravaganza wardrobe malfunction, as a breathtaking acrobatic aerial display from the Red Arrows takes place in the skies above? Cliff Richard performing an impromptu rendition of “We’re singing in the rain”?.

Personally, I’m impressed with how well attendances have held up in recent weeks, and there have been some decent home atmospheres this season, Wrexham the obvious pick of the bunch. If we’re in with a decent sniff of the play-offs, we’re playing reasonably well (and winning), we’ll soon see a return of 6k + crowds and decent atmospheres to boot.

No I clearly wasn’t expecting anything like, great post tho loving the imagination and humour,  it was quite a good read 👍
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 26
jaygy
February 13, 2022, 12:45pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
Loved that Poojah, you can have my gold star! What a game that would be though
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 26
HerveJosse
February 13, 2022, 7:27pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.88
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,217
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from Poojah

I think most rational fans have realised that we have a a weak squad rely heavily on three or four players and consequently aren’t going up this year and Stickwood and Petit aren’t Gandi and Jeff Bezos after all and our life is not all that different from what it was before thereby tempering some enthusiasm.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 26
HertsGTFC
February 13, 2022, 7:32pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Poojah

If you get advance notice of Janet doing that can you let me know please?🙂

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 26
KingstonMariner
February 13, 2022, 8:47pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Floodlights shining bright above you
Main Standers seem to whisper “we love you”
Town singing all over Grimsby
Dream a little Maaac Atee

[I’ll get me coat 😆]

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 26
DB
February 13, 2022, 9:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from Poojah

If only Carlsberg did a Poojah

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 26
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › McAtee

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.