3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
February 13, 2022, 12:24pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
The game was without tension, without much away support, without a rivalry with the opposition and was a routinely comfortable win that petered out in the second half. I was just waiting for the final whistle so I could go home and warm up.

Hardly stirring stuff.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 26
Cod marriner
February 13, 2022, 12:38pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +113
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Poojah

This was an English 5th tier game between mid-table Grimsby and struggling Aldershot, in cold, wet and windy conditions, attended by a respectable 5,177 sounds. What exactly where you expecting?

A stirring pre-match rendition of Nessun Dorma, performed by a reanimated Luciano Pavarotti? Players arriving on the pitch in the style of a heavyweight world title fight ring walk, accompanied by an entourage of attractive young ladies with great big títs? A sea of pyrotechnics lighting up the sky like an atomic bomb?

Perhaps the Pontoon should have been positively alight with colourful flares and smoke? Burning effigies of John Fenty, hanging from the Findus Stand roof? The Main Stand literally swaying with thousands of geriatric fans doing the poznan for 90 minutes? BP a bubbling cauldron of noise that La Bombonera could only ever dream of?

A few coins and lukewarm bottles of píss thrown at the 100 or so Aldershot fans, with a gaggle of freshly post-pubescent youths in crisp, new CP Company jackets gesturing aggressively? “You’re going home in a Grimsby ambulance” (although I’ve always wondered why an ambulance would take you straight back to your house).

Maybe Janet Jackson getting her baps out in the midst of a half-time extravaganza wardrobe malfunction, as a breathtaking acrobatic aerial display from the Red Arrows takes place in the skies above? Cliff Richard performing an impromptu rendition of “We’re singing in the rain”?.

Personally, I’m impressed with how well attendances have held up in recent weeks, and there have been some decent home atmospheres this season, Wrexham the obvious pick of the bunch. If we’re in with a decent sniff of the play-offs, we’re playing reasonably well (and winning), we’ll soon see a return of 6k + crowds and decent atmospheres to boot.

No I clearly wasn’t expecting anything like, great post tho loving the imagination and humour,  it was quite a good read 👍
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 26
jaygy
February 13, 2022, 12:45pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
Loved that Poojah, you can have my gold star! What a game that would be though
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 26
HerveJosse
February 13, 2022, 7:27pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.88
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,217
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from Poojah

This was an English 5th tier game between mid-table Grimsby and struggling Aldershot, in cold, wet and windy conditions, attended by a respectable 5,177 sounds. What exactly where you expecting?

A stirring pre-match rendition of Nessun Dorma, performed by a reanimated Luciano Pavarotti? Players arriving on the pitch in the style of a heavyweight world title fight ring walk, accompanied by an entourage of attractive young ladies with great big títs? A sea of pyrotechnics lighting up the sky like an atomic bomb?

Perhaps the Pontoon should have been positively alight with colourful flares and smoke? Burning effigies of John Fenty, hanging from the Findus Stand roof? The Main Stand literally swaying with thousands of geriatric fans doing the poznan for 90 minutes? BP a bubbling cauldron of noise that La Bombonera could only ever dream of?

A few coins and lukewarm bottles of píss thrown at the 100 or so Aldershot fans, with a gaggle of freshly post-pubescent youths in crisp, new CP Company jackets gesturing aggressively? “You’re going home in a Grimsby ambulance” (although I’ve always wondered why an ambulance would take you straight back to your house).

Maybe Janet Jackson getting her baps out in the midst of a half-time extravaganza wardrobe malfunction, as a breathtaking acrobatic aerial display from the Red Arrows takes place in the skies above? Cliff Richard performing an impromptu rendition of “We’re singing in the rain”?.

Personally, I’m impressed with how well attendances have held up in recent weeks, and there have been some decent home atmospheres this season, Wrexham the obvious pick of the bunch. If we’re in with a decent sniff of the play-offs, we’re playing reasonably well (and winning), we’ll soon see a return of 6k + crowds and decent atmospheres to boot.

I think most rational fans have realised that we have a a weak squad rely heavily on three or four players and consequently aren’t going up this year and Stickwood and Petit aren’t Gandi and Jeff Bezos after all and our life is not all that different from what it was before thereby tempering some enthusiasm.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 26
HertsGTFC
February 13, 2022, 7:32pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Poojah

If you get advance notice of Janet doing that can you let me know please?🙂

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 26
KingstonMariner
February 13, 2022, 8:47pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Floodlights shining bright above you
Main Standers seem to whisper “we love you”
Town singing all over Grimsby
Dream a little Maaac Atee

[I’ll get me coat 😆]

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 26
DB
February 13, 2022, 9:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from Poojah

If only Carlsberg did a Poojah

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 26
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › McAtee

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.