6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Humbercod
August 21, 2022, 2:05pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,488
Gold Stars: 82
Very happy Usyk got the win. Embarrassing stuff from Joshua at the end. Now only one fight worth watching at this weight, bring out the Gipsy King.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 51
Rick12
August 28, 2022, 8:37am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Humbercod
Now only one fight worth watching at this weight, bring out the Gipsy King.
Glad Fury has recently stated he is coming out of retirement. I think most boxing fans didn't believe him.

I favour Tyson Fury to beat Uysk due to his  greater size and is skilled . As Fury says he's been fighting for a long time and his family history is one of bare knuckle fighting . Having said that Uysk will give Fury problems. Skillset I feel is a bit better alongside very good movement.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 51
OddShapedBalls
September 6, 2022, 2:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.02
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 40
Usyk won't be fighting again until 2023, so Fury has offered AJ a shot at his belt instead.  Supposed to happen in December, I see a Fury win in rounds 5-7 if it does.

Personally, I'd love to see Usyk vs Wilder, regardless of any belts up for grabs.  Massive contrast in styles there, Usyk clearly the better boxer but could he take Wilder's right glove and get up again?  I'm not so sure.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 51
Rick12
September 6, 2022, 2:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from OddShapedBalls
Usyk won't be fighting again until 2023, so Fury has offered AJ a shot at his belt instead.  Supposed to happen in December, I see a Fury win in rounds 5-7 if it does.

Personally, I'd love to see Usyk vs Wilder, regardless of any belts up for grabs.  Massive contrast in styles there, Usyk clearly the better boxer but could he take Wilder's right glove and get up again?  I'm not so sure.
I see Frank Warren has offered Joshua a contract and a reasonable one as reported in the media by all accounts. Hope he takes it.Would prefer Joshua to fight Fury later in the year as opposed to 3-4 fights later and possibly 1-2 years away as has been originally reported by Eddie Hearn eg wanted Joshua to go on a world tour to build him up following the Uysk lost and also earn Matchroom loads of money in the interim. For boxings sake the fight should happen when both fighters are in their prime eg  up to 35 years as opposed to over the hill like the Floyd Mayweather Jr v Manny Pacquiao fight in 2015 when Floyd was 38.

As for Wilder v Uysk yes that's a definite pay per view. Have a lot of love and respect for both fighters. Wilder for the way he fought his heart out especially in the third Fury fight and Uysk for the professional he is inside and out of the ring. I still think Uysk would edge it though. The guy is a excellent fighter and quite a way bit better technically than Wilder. I think he would evade Wilders "bombs" though .

Just a shame both came into boxing late professionally.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 51
promotion plaice
December 3, 2022, 9:37pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,087
Gold Stars: 200

Fury v Chisora

Surely miss-match of the century

Let's see how it goes

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 51
Rick12
December 3, 2022, 9:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from promotion plaice

Fury v Chisora

Levels 🕯️.

At least Chisora trys to bring it in fights . Respect .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 51
promotion plaice
December 3, 2022, 10:21pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,087
Gold Stars: 200
Fury wins, no surprise.

Fury was just playing with his mate Chisora from the start, could have taken him out in the 2nd round in my opinion, Chisora was on the ropes and getting battered yet Fury decides to hold on, probably didn't want the crowd to feel robbed.

Farce from start to finish but good payday for them both, they're no mugs.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 51
Manchester Mariner
December 3, 2022, 10:55pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,822
Gold Stars: 41
It was always going to be a disgrace of a match and turned out to be just that. A complete money making exercise which lends nothing to the sport. I just expect a world champion to want to cement their legacy with an actual contest rather than that load of guff.

Fury needs to be fighting Uysk and exciting up and comers, not Derek Chisora in a 60,000 seater stadium.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 51
Maringer
December 4, 2022, 12:31am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,658
Gold Stars: 189
It's a short career, so can't really complain too much about taking an easy payday. If Fury really is as good as the hype would indicate (not a boxing afficionado myself), then he's got enough time left to keep on taking on the biggest threats and also accepting the money-making 'easy' fights as they come along.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 51
aldi_01
December 4, 2022, 8:26am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Manchester Mariner
It was always going to be a disgrace of a match and turned out to be just that. A complete money making exercise which lends nothing to the sport. I just expect a world champion to want to cement their legacy with an actual contest rather than that load of guff.

Fury needs to be fighting Uysk and exciting up and comers, not Derek Chisora in a 60,000 seater stadium.

An70k seater stadium, in winter, near Christmas, in a cost of living crisis. It wasn’t close to a sell out and by all accounts they were moving people forward to create the perception of a full stadium.

Then to charge £26 for something we already knew the outcome of is robbery. I’m normally happy to pay for fights ans usually get my moneys worth but it was impossible to justify it last night. I’ll watch the highlights on YouTube…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 51
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.