Maringer
January 31, 2022, 9:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,647
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from Tinymariner

No, I didn’t spot him running 50 yards away from goal, passing to Amos who lost the ball and unable to get back to prevent the goal either! His kicking was awful at times, at least 4 balls straight into the stands! BTW, I actually like him in goal because he commands is area and I feel less anxious during set pieces.

He accurately passed the ball to Amos, in plenty of space with as much time as he wanted to turn and pick a pass. Unfortunately, Amos decided to pass it straight to their forward. Absolutely no fault of Crocombe and I find it odd that anyone thinks it was.

As for his general kicking at the weekend, did you notice how their keeper managed to kick it straight out into touch quite a lot of times in the first half as well. It was a touch windy.

He looks a much more confident kicker (and can knock it another 10 or 20 yards further than McKeown most of the time as well), but it is still at the 5th tier level. There are going to be mistakes but I didn't see any the other day.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 40
aldi_01
January 31, 2022, 9:38pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Crocombe is a decent conference keeper, nothing more; nothing less. Perhaps the criticism comes from a place where fans feel a sense of allegiance to Macca, who knows.

If we’re blaming the keeper for their goal at the weekend then people weren’t watching the same game as me…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 40
Tinymariner
January 31, 2022, 9:47pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from aldi_01
Crocombe is a decent conference keeper, nothing more; nothing less. Perhaps the criticism comes from a place where fans feel a sense of allegiance to Macca, who knows.

If we’re blaming the keeper for their goal at the weekend then people weren’t watching the same game as me…

I like Crocombe in goal but he certainly shares responsibility for their goal.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 40
ska face
January 31, 2022, 9:52pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,753
Gold Stars: 851
Good evening Mr McKeown.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 40
MuddyWaters
January 31, 2022, 10:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 40
rancido
January 31, 2022, 10:35pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,617
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Tinymariner

No, I didn’t spot him running 50 yards away from goal, passing to Amos who lost the ball and unable to get back to prevent the goal either! His kicking was awful at times, at least 4 balls straight into the stands! BTW, I actually like him in goal because he commands is area and I feel less anxious during set pieces.

Well if he ran 50 yards away from his goal he was either in the centre circle or near me in the Upper Youngs Stand!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 40
toontown
January 31, 2022, 10:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,275
Gold Stars: 70
Crocombes is,without doubt, better with his feet than macca. To be fair macca has made great strides with that compared to how he was 10 years ago, he admitted he had to adapt as the game has changed so much. But he was coming from a very low bar, even after his improved ability with the ball at his feet you would still say it was a weak part of his game.

Crocombe isn't amazing with his feet but he is noticeably better. I like macca but this season and last he has been in poorer form than we are used to it has to be said. Overall crocombe is better than the current out of form macca.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 40
mimma
January 31, 2022, 10:58pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,574
Gold Stars: 78
Crocomb wasn't kicking into the stands as some on here are implying.  The strong wind was gusting making it nyon impossible to judge. Same when he was trying to judge crosses in the wind. I thought he did very well in those conditions.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 40
GYinScuntland
February 1, 2022, 12:26am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
Quoted from HerveJosse

Eleventh tier Pendantry Northern Section

I'll bite, surely you did that on purpose 😉
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 40
lew chaterleys lover
February 1, 2022, 8:45am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
Just talking about keepers accidentally kicking the ball into touch.

This happens quite a lot, wind or no wind as players congregate to one touchline when a goal kick is taken.

What is the rationale for that?

Would it be better for the players to be spread out more along the front line to stretch their defence which would mean if we do win the header we have players ready to take advantage.   The keeper wouldn't need to kick so close to the touchline then would he?

There must be a footballing reason why so many teams do it.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 40
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Crocombe

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.