5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
January 31, 2022, 6:39pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Probably hesitant due to the wind. Ball was moving about a bit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 40
toontown
January 31, 2022, 7:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,275
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I actually think he commands his box quite well and offers good distribution. He could have played a key role in a goal as his quick kick sent McAtee down the right wing on Saturday.

He did sort of set up the goal, I think that was the pass that set off the series of corners from which we eventually scored (could be wrong though). It was an excellent ball and in both speed of thought and quality of delivery something that would not be coming from Macca who is very slow in his distribution (obviously he has good other qualities)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 40
joe56
January 31, 2022, 8:00pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +476
Gold Stars: 3
I’ve noticed that one or two in the media have jumped at the opportunity to have a dig at Crocombe. Likewise a few posters on here, but they have been quickly slapped down in most cases. I think Max has done very well. A key factor may be his height (nearly 6ft 5ins I believe). Even a couple of inches can make all the difference in getting to the high balls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 40
lew chaterleys lover
January 31, 2022, 8:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from joe56
I’ve noticed that one or two in the media have jumped at the opportunity to have a dig at Crocombe. Likewise a few posters on here, but they have been quickly slapped down in most cases. I think Max has done very well. A key factor may be his height (nearly 6ft 5ins I believe). Even a couple of inches can make all the difference in getting to the high balls.

Indeed it can  
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 40
joe56
January 31, 2022, 8:09pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +476
Gold Stars: 3
I thought about rephrasing that final sentence before posting, but then thought ‘surely not’ … Just shows how wrong you can be 🤣
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 40
bobbyturtle
January 31, 2022, 8:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +954
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from joe56

that and gazelle like qualities!

Icenian Prediction League 2015 (Game 2) winner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 40
Tinymariner
January 31, 2022, 8:37pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
He’s better at commanding his area but not as good as Macca in shot stopping, their kicking is equal. But Macca keeps more clean sheets!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 40
Maringer
January 31, 2022, 8:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,646
Gold Stars: 189
His kicking is a lot better than McKeown as is his command of the area. Probably not as good a shot-stopper (though his goal has hardly been peppered in recent games). I don't think he did anything wrong against Wealdstone, that I can recall.

I think, as we're aiming to be on the front foot more in this division if we're going to reach the play-off, the kicking is a lot more important than it was back when we were in a relegation dogfight.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 40
Tinymariner
January 31, 2022, 8:58pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from Maringer
His kicking is a lot better than McKeown as is his command of the area. Probably not as good a shot-stopper (though his goal has hardly been peppered in recent games). I don't think he did anything wrong against Wealdstone, that I can recall.

I think, as we're aiming to be on the front foot more in this division if we're going to reach the play-off, the kicking is a lot more important than it was back when we were in a relegation dogfight.

No, I didn’t spot him running 50 yards away from goal, passing to Amos who lost the ball and unable to get back to prevent the goal either! His kicking was awful at times, at least 4 balls straight into the stands! BTW, I actually like him in goal because he commands is area and I feel less anxious during set pieces.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 40
Northbank Mariner
January 31, 2022, 8:58pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,525
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from Tinymariner
He’s better at commanding his area but not as good as Macca in shot stopping, their kicking is equal. But Macca keeps more clean sheets!

From what I've seen his shot stopping is equal to Macca, superb double save against Bromley, quick reaction save against Woking.
His speed of thought is fantastic, you can see he's looking to use the ball as soon as he's got his hands on it, sometimes the players aren't quite ready for him, the pass to Macatee on Saturday was sublime.
All in all I honestly believe he's an overall improvement on Macca.
One thing I won't do this time around is slate Mckeown, he's been a fantastic servant to the club, even some of his howlers just add to the respect I have for him but it's time for him to go to pastures new, enjoy his testimonial year then follow his PE teaching dream and play part time..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 40
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Crocombe

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.