5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Wiley2405
January 29, 2022, 5:27pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +663
Gold Stars: 20
Not one started yet and we have a travel back to Coventry!

Poor conditions for a game of football, felt we controlled most of the game. Going 2-0 should have been comfortable from there but a silly mistake put us under pressure we didn’t need.

Effete brilliant, Sousa played well, shown more defensively too. Mcatee class at times but lost ball at times with some poor passes. New lad from Villa looks a top player, ok lost the ball but because he was trying to make things happen and 2 assists.

Never really under pressure. Can’t take much from todays game, roll on next week.
Logged Offline
Private Message
hampshiremariner
January 29, 2022, 5:30pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,050
Gold Stars: 35
I'm happy with three points!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 43
MuddyWaters
January 29, 2022, 5:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Wiley2405

Poor conditions for a game of football, felt we controlled most of the game. Going 2-0 should have been comfortable from there but a silly mistake put us under pressure we didn’t need.

Effete brilliant, Sousa played well, shown more defensively too. Mcatee class at times but lost ball at times with some poor passes. New lad from Villa looks a top player, ok lost the ball but because he was trying to make things happen and 2 assists.

Never really under pressure. Can’t take much from todays game, roll on next week.

Agree regarding Efete, Sousa and Raikhy. McAtee very frustrating today, sometimes brilliant, sometimes wasteful. Honourable mention for Harry Clifton who ran his nuts off.

Being honest, Wealdstone were bang average but well supported. Still think we need at least one more striking option but Abrahams looked more suited playing up the middle than he did out wide. We’ll see what next week brings.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 43
Mariner_501
January 29, 2022, 5:41pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 28
Quoted from Wiley2405

Can’t disagree with any of that at all. Great summary of the game for me
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 43
TAGG
January 29, 2022, 5:43pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,939
Gold Stars: 126
Steady away, didn't look in any trouble throughout the game.
Looked great again down our righthand side.
Taylor was a bit quiet, Abrahams looked well when he came on.
Efete my mom with Souse a close second.
Wish Hurst would balance that out on the left by putting Wright with Amos, but never will.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 43
ginnywings
January 29, 2022, 5:47pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
A game that should have been more comfortable than it was, but another mistake is punished by the opposition, which seems to happen almost weekly.

Three goals in the game but it should have been 3-0, rather than 2-1. When the second went in, they were wobbling and there for the taking but there was too many good situations that didn't turn into chances, and too many chances that weren't turned into goals. A bit more composure shown and we could have racked up a big score. Pity JMD was out as he has shown that much needed composure in recent games. At 2-1, Abrahams had another good chance but put it well over the bar. He looks half decent in patches but isn't scoring and he should have at least one, possibly two by now. Hopefully he can start converting when he settles in a bit more.

We looked much more dangerous with Efete and Amos as full backs, with both having good games, though it was Amos that gifted them the ball to score. Other than that, I thought he was pretty good.

Thought Sousa had one of his better games and put in some good crosses after his usual good approach play, which he doesn't always manage.

Not the best of conditions to play in but we were clearly better than them, with their keeper being much more busy than ours. He made quite a few saves in the game, whereas I can't remember Crocombe having too much to do. He had no chance with their goal as he was nowhere near the goal when it went in. Good finish from their lad though, who could easily have got it wrong.

After a tortuous trip back from York this morning, with delays and diversions caused by the weather; I nearly never made the game, but glad I got there just in time to see a good solid performance and three points.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 43
marinette
January 29, 2022, 5:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
Scrappy game in the wind.

Delighted to see Michee Efete back, and his forward runs paid off as they often do.  My MoM by a long way.

Raikhy looks promising and Johnny McAtee was as insuppressible as ever- not sure if that's even a proper word, but it works for me.

Very welcome three points.

Private Message
Reply: 6 - 43
sonofmadeleymariner
January 29, 2022, 6:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37
Out played Weadlstone for most of that game. Adapted to the strong winds quickly for a change which really helped.

Sousa, McAtee and Efete were fantastic and the lad from Villa Raihky (sp?) was really impressive, always wanted the ball and clearly got frustrated with our lack of movement a few times.

Should of won about 6-1 number of chances we created, but once again failed to do so. Moment of madness for their goal, but what a finish.

Thier Keeper kept them in it.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 43
tanga_the_indestructible
January 29, 2022, 6:02pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +655
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from marinette
Scrappy game in the wind.

Delighted to see Michee Efete back, and his forward runs paid off as they often do.  My MoM by a long way.

Raikhy looks promising and Johnny McAtee was as insuppressible as ever- not sure if that's even a proper word, but it works for me.

Very welcome three points.

Irrepressible? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 43
golfer
January 29, 2022, 6:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
fking good
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 43
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.