5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
aldi_01
January 29, 2022, 6:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Not sure Mcatee had a decent game and played some weird passes.

Efete is decent and thought the lad from Villa looked decent. Still keen on Coke in there and we look off balance but a wins a win and they all count…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 43
marinette
January 29, 2022, 6:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3

Irrepressible? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Thank you, yes - that's the word I was searching for.

Private Message
Reply: 11 - 43
Kris2
January 29, 2022, 6:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Got there in the end after gifting them a way back into the game, bit scrappy and the game ran out of steam by the end with both teams looking tired. Apart from gifting them a goal I don't think Wealdstone threatened all that much even if I was expecting them to score one at the end. Think we play better with Efete in the team, much more attacking minded and puts other teams under pressure.

Lack of confidence showed in attack though and it seemed like a lot of players didn't want the responsibility of trying to score. Kinda woke up when we went 2:0 up but lot of players not looking their best today. Really need to restore some confidence and belief in the team to get consistency. Get our best players on into a settle side and use subs that we have available to keep the momentum up when players are tired, it's getting frustrating when we have somebody who could possibly come on and make it hard for the other team to get back in the game and Hurst is happy to watch players huff and puff not able to do anything anymore
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 43
lukeo
January 29, 2022, 6:30pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,396
Gold Stars: 149
3 points and we go again. Well done to all those that went and are backing the team. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 43
Wiley2405
January 29, 2022, 6:46pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +663
Gold Stars: 20
Shout out to the Wealdstone fans aswell, brought much more than I believe anyone expected and we’re in good voice.

Felt like our atmosphere was a bit drab today.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 43
Phil the cod
January 29, 2022, 6:48pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -332
Gold Stars: 61
People around us moaning and groaning every time the villa lad (raihky)? Put in a stray pass.........but at least he passed forwards instead of sideways or backwards. Thought him,efete,and Amos ,Sousa, our best players on the day, centre backs solid too, crocombes taking of the ball in his hands instead of limp-wristed punching of the ball very reassuring.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 43
lew chaterleys lover
January 29, 2022, 6:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
I thought we played really well, given the run we have had.

Some of our football really is a delight to watch, although admittedly against limited opposition and it could and should have been 4 or 5.

If we could find a ruthless streak in front of goal we could have a great second half of the season. It is a shame we often seem to have a defensive mistake in us which sets us back a bit.  

Apart from his mistake, I thought Amos was a revelation at left-back and Effete made a big difference. Despite one or two misplaced passes, MacAtee is a class apart.

I came away from that game thinking if we could just come away next week with something we might be able to have a good season after all.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 43
Phil the cod
January 29, 2022, 6:49pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -332
Gold Stars: 61
Quoted from Wiley2405
Shout out to the Wealdstone fans aswell, brought much more than I believe anyone expected and we’re in good voice.

Felt like our atmosphere was a bit drab today.

Yes, good effort from them, pound for pound best support we've seen this season in terms of creating an atmosphere.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 43
golfer
January 29, 2022, 7:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Everybody played well today especially the right side. Soussa and Mcatee combined brilliantly Effete added more attacking options and the new kid done good. Well done Town.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 43
jamesgtfc
January 29, 2022, 7:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
The conditions were a recipe for a disaster today but we got the job done. Wouldn't be Grimsby without making it difficult though having got ourselves 2-0 up and comfortable.

Efete was brilliant today but I'm surprised he wasn't substituted given he's been out with his hamstring. If we hadn't conceded, I'm sure he would have been taken off as a precaution.

For a man that doesn't use his left foot, Sousa on the right cut in and had a couple of good efforts with his left foot. Looked much more dangerous on the right.

Raikhy looks like he's wearing Grealish's old shin pads as his socks were pretty much by his ankles but he was exactly what we've been missing in the middle.

McAtee keeps closing down, how did Abrahams miss that one he set up for him? He hates the opposition having the ball and I love seeing him sliding in to roughen them up.

Nervy finish and I was begging for us to leave someone on the halfway line when they sent their keeper up for those last 2 free kicks. McAtee knew he should have done better playing the through ball to Sousa with the keeper in our half too.

We needed a win, we got it. Roll on next week.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 43
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.