4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Croxton
October 5, 2021, 11:56pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,020
Gold Stars: 33
Great to survive a soaking, terrible ref and the worst ever meat pie at The King George pub.  Found myself standing next to a fan from Liverpool who also had the seat next to me at the Stockport game. What amazing support. Surely, only Notts County can get anywhere near this level of exile following.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 37
RonMariner
October 6, 2021, 12:03am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,789
Gold Stars: 226
Shows great character to hang on with 10 men in such a situation. They could easily have lost their heads given the ridiculous refereeing decision.

Add that strength of character to the sublime football in the first 60 minutes and you have a team that is going to be really tough to finish ahead of this season. On our day (and with a fair ref) we can beat any team in this division.  23 points from 10 games is not only play off form, it's the form of Champions.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 37
Kris2
October 6, 2021, 12:05am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Madeleymariner

Well done to the idiots with the pyros and throwing stuff at the goalie

And then people will say our fans get treated badly and that the heavy police presence is unnecessary.  

Just stop doing things like this please, this isn't Romania where you can get away with it.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 37
Southwark Mariner
October 6, 2021, 12:32am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,562
Gold Stars: 83
Quoted from Kris2

And then people will say our fans get treated badly and that the heavy police presence is unnecessary.  

Just stop doing things like this please, this isn't Romania where you can get away with it.

To be fair to the Romanians, they're probably still just so pleased they're not under Ceaușescu

A bit like us and Fenty...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 37
SouthLakesMariner
October 6, 2021, 12:53am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +938
Gold Stars: 21
I think it’s a bit harsh criticising Lenny tonight, he was only on the pitch for 9 minutes. One thing I can’t argue with though is that third goal which was ridiculously good.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 37
moosey_club
October 6, 2021, 12:55am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,294
Gold Stars: 226
Fck me that was roller coaster of emotions, a bright start then some self inflicted nervy moments , a goal slightly against the run of play, dominant midfield  and neat attacking play all before half time.
Second half looked like we could score with every attack, ripped them apart, they couldn't compete with our midfield and they couldnt contain our attack.....that 3rd goal...a thing of absolute quality and beauty....one of the best GTFC team goals I have witnessed.
At that point it looked like being a cricket score......then the red card.....absolutely baffled.....I actually cheered when the ref flashed the red as I thought he was sending their player off for throwing the ball at Bapaga......
We sat too deep, invited them in and inevitably conceded, despite creating a couple of more excellent chances on the break we were looking desperate as the 2nd was conceded.

We held on thankfully and somehow only 4 mins added time ?? Thank fook.

With 11 on the pitch we looked dominant and a cut above them in every department,  tore them open with ease, and these.... the best defence in the league.

Still shell shocked nearly 3 hrs later.

Great night, great turn out but unfortunately I think something from the f.a will be heading  our way after several items pelted at their keeper that were noted by the ref.
The last thing we need is sanctions so ffs people, cut that sh1t out.

UTM

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 37
arryarryarry
October 6, 2021, 1:05am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,037
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Hagrid
Phew! Completely bossed the first 65 with the excellent clifton and Bapaga linking up with Mcatee and Taylor superbly. First goal from Bapaga was individually excellent, Taylors due to great work from Mcatee and the third a lovely team goal finished by Clifton in front of the delirious mariners.

Then Bapagas red, to me he had the ball thrown at his face. Already on a soft yellow from an incompetent arrogant ref who has now done his best on 2 occasions to rob us of 3 points and he got worse as the half went on. I think we made a mistake taking Taylor off as we went deep, their first a good strike and the second i think a macca mistake not coming for the cross.

But we dug in,  and we fought, and we battled. And we didnt give them an inch. To a man the back 4 were excellent. LJL was poor when he came on but who cares we won. We are top of the league and we have a fantastic team spirit as shown by scenes at the end

We were outstanding up to the sending off. That ref was a twit most of the game. I also agree about taking Taylor off, I am a big fan of Sousa but he isn't up to much defensively and we then stopped holding the ball up front. No idea why LJL was brought on.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 37
toontown
October 6, 2021, 1:15am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,275
Gold Stars: 70
Jeez that was one of the most stressful games I've ever seen I think. We were cruising at 3 - 0, I thought this could go to 5 or 6 here. Then that cockstick of a ref intervenes and very very nearly costs us the match.  
Thank goodness we could hold on or it would have been an absolute travesty.
Even when  down to 10 we tore them open on two occasions and McAtee has to score at least 1 of those and put the game to bed, but it didn't matter in the end.
Thought the subs were v odd,would have left taylor on who was having a great game and can hold it up,brought on lenny for the same and taken off mcatee who looked like he wouldn't score. Doesn't matter though as Hurst got it right as in we won.

The team going forward really do look a cut above this league and when we have 11 we look strong defensively too. Got 5p make this half of the season with hunt and towler count in terms of getting wins and building up a lead at the top.

Amazing support yet again at over 1200 on a Tuesday night.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 37
AndyGTFC
October 6, 2021, 1:17am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +804
Gold Stars: 5
Brilliant first hour, particularly in the opening 15 of the second half when we looked like carving them open at will and scored that beautiful third goal, and then great character to hold on with ten men after yet another terrible refereeing display.

They scored their goals at great times so we could have easily imploded but we didn't, and we probably had better chances than them really.

Onwards and upwards. UTM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 37
scarthotownfan
October 6, 2021, 1:22am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +5
Hope we can keep Hunt for the full season. Wednesday are struggling and especially so some underperforming midfielders i've read.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 37
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.