6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
DB
September 28, 2021, 5:44am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.44
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,048
Gold Stars: 390
A professional footballer is expected to keep his body at peak condition. This is done through diet, gym, running, work on the training ground, etc. Having a double jab for covid is also going to help them do all of this, so I'm with the Woking manager.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 51
Biccys
September 28, 2021, 11:23am
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from Bigdog

Watched the Maricopa County audit report live on Friday night which identified widespread fraud, way more than needed to overturn the statewide election result, just in one county. Only the second forensic audit so far in the US and both show large scale fraud. No longer a conspiracy theory, but you wouldn't know that due to MSM and big tech propaganda.

The Maricopa audit by the republicans own designated company "Cyberninjas" showed that there was no evidence of any widespread fraud at all, and in actuality, Biden won by 360 more votes than originally reported which is statistically insignificant. Your claim that the opposite is true it's how misinformation has become the norm.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 41 - 51
KingstonMariner
September 29, 2021, 12:08am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Who the fûck watches audits of constituencies in other countries? And yet somehow missed the truth of what the audit discovered.

I don’t even believe bigdog’s got two young football fit friends, much less that they’ve somehow got ill because of the vaccine.

It’s one thing believing in guff. But making stories up in your bedsit my friend. You need to get out more.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 51
Maringer
September 29, 2021, 7:22am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,658
Gold Stars: 189
To be fair to Bigdog, it is statistically unlikely that he'd know 2 people with myocarditis from vaccination, but statistically unlikely things do occur from time to time. On a different forum I frequent, there's a Scandinavian guy (Swedish, I think) who claims to know 2 people in their 30s with myocarditis after vaccination. He's a left-wing guy and isn't an anti-vaxxer per se (though he doesn't think children should be vaccinated). Nothing I've read him post in the past would indicate he would make up an anecdote to back up his argument (though I suppose he might!). Sometimes you just get improbable coincidences.

For example, a couple of people I went to school with independently went travelling in Australia (didn't know the other was there) but then bumped into each other down a track in the outback. What's the likelihood of that?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 51
Biccys
September 29, 2021, 1:09pm
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from Maringer
To be fair to Bigdog, it is statistically unlikely that he'd know 2 people with myocarditis from vaccination, but statistically unlikely things do occur from time to time. On a different forum I frequent, there's a Scandinavian guy (Swedish, I think) who claims to know 2 people in their 30s with myocarditis after vaccination. He's a left-wing guy and isn't an anti-vaxxer per se (though he doesn't think children should be vaccinated). Nothing I've read him post in the past would indicate he would make up an anecdote to back up his argument (though I suppose he might!). Sometimes you just get improbable coincidences.

For example, a couple of people I went to school with independently went travelling in Australia (didn't know the other was there) but then bumped into each other down a track in the outback. What's the likelihood of that?

Well it happened so there's 100% chance of it happening!

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 44 - 51
fishboyUTM
October 4, 2021, 8:31am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,071
Gold Stars: 40
He isn't right though, is he? These lads are fit athletes in their prime. Covid is unlikely to cause them serious problems. I would agree with the managers if the vaccine meant you couldn't get covid, or more importantly transmit it to others. But you can tranmit it to others which invalidates his argument.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 51
fishboyUTM
October 4, 2021, 8:34am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from ska face
It’s not that being double-jabbed makes you any more or less susceptible to the virus, it’s that the regulations change for those who have had both jabs.

So if they’d have both jabs, they could’ve played as long as they’d tested negative.

True, but I'd question those regulations as they don't make sense given a fully vaccinated person can spread the virus. I'm double vaccinated myself, yet I had the virus a few weeks ago.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 51
ginnywings
October 4, 2021, 10:20am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from fishboyUTM

True, but I'd question those regulations as they don't make sense given a fully vaccinated person can spread the virus. I'm double vaccinated myself, yet I had the virus a few weeks ago.

But that isn't the point. His players could have played had they been double jabbed and tested negative. You may not agree with that rule, but that is irrelevant to the point he was making.

Seems to have worked for him though as they are now beating fancied sides. Let's hope they have an off day next Saturday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 51
fishboyUTM
October 4, 2021, 10:25am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

But that isn't the point. His players could have played had they been double jabbed and tested negative. You may not agree with that rule, but that is irrelevant to the point he was making.

Seems to have worked for him though as they are now beating fancied sides. Let's hope they have an off day next Saturday.

Let's hope so.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 51
malkamalka
October 4, 2021, 10:58am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +150
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from Bigdog

No. He's not right is he? Getting vaccinated does not stop you from catching Covid. Jabbed or not, no one is immune. Got double vaxxed myself, but if I were a fit and healthy pro-footballer I'd trust my antibodies far greater than what is a comparatively largely untested new vaccine..

There's a test for antibodies so that would answer that issue.

No, the vaccine doesn't stop you "catching" Covid, but there are far fewer deaths now than a few months ago and b4 vaccine.

Finally, it's not all about people "catching" Covid is it? It's more about taking responsibility for reducing the chances of passing it on - probably to someone more vulnerable that a fit and healthy footballer.

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 51
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Woking Boss Rant

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.