Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Dear Fishies
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 48 Guests

Dear Fishies

This thread currently has 31,139 views. Print
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Northbank Mariner
September 19, 2021, 7:27am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,525
Gold Stars: 172
Me thinks there's more than a modicum of jealousy here Mr Fenty....
Not good for your ego seeing 2 successful, Grimsby born business men take our club to a level you could only dream of.
Now go away, stay away and if you want to support the club you just about singlehandedly ruined please do so quietly.
Genuinely, I question your sanity, coming on here knowing your going to get slated beyond words, give your head a wobble John, understand the vast majority do not have an ounce of respect for you and you've done even more damage mentioning the fraudster in your dirge.
Deluded, that's the word!.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 218
Hagrid
September 19, 2021, 7:28am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 536
Cant believe what im reading. But its getting the reaction he wants.

I used to believe you wanted what was best for the club John, but all that happened last season took that away. And it seems you still feel you have done nothing wrong. You appointed and got into bed with Holloway and Alex May, you continue to bleed the club dry, i dont believe in any way you are a fan, and your presence yesterday and late night ramblings on here are once again designed to make this the John Fenty show and detract away from the strides being made on and off the pitch with you nowhere near them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 218
lukeo
September 19, 2021, 7:31am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,398
Gold Stars: 149
For me if you come onto here John you need to expect a back lash and angry comments to you. I was fully supportive of you until I learnt more about certain things (the trust situation) but what I will say is to everyone is that we need to move on. If JF wants to PAY and attend grimsby games let him. If you dislike him then don't talk to him or look at him.
I don't like or dislike JF but I hope if he is paying to watch Grimsby Town, our club, he should be able to without being abused in person.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 218
September 19, 2021, 7:33am
Guest User
How embarrassing. Thank god we have some professional people in charge now.
Reply: 23 - 218
MuddyWaters
September 19, 2021, 7:35am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Wow. LED lighting. Thanks John 😉
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 218
September 19, 2021, 7:36am
Guest User
Quoted from Getyourfactsright
I am sorry if my presence at the game yesterday offends some.

I have cared passionately for this club for many years and have looked after it and its finances with all the care and consideration within my capacity and have always been a fan and will always be a fan.

Today was the first game I could make with the season ticket purchased before the season start due to being away on business, and it was great to see a performance that looks like there’s another gear there if needed.

Congratulations to Paul Hurst on the fantastic start to the season and long may that continue with a swift return to the Football League. Hiring a manger is always a lottery, but with Paul the odds favoured it being a very good appointment, so it is pleasing to see things are going well on the field and long may that continue.

I am aware of much inuendo and frankly miss information / inuendo and downright rubbish published about me, and my time involved in the club that is well off the mark. I have opted for the dignified silence route and to let the new owners get on with the sterling job in hand.  

Like you guys. I am massively disappointed to be out of the football league. Crap happens on the field, but I refute that the club was run down, or has been handed over in a bad shape. Or that there has been any malpractice in the financial accounting whatsoever.

The deal struck with 1878 was negotiated to help the new owners in their newfound responsibility. I continue to finance the football club for up to 3 years with just £1.5million of my loans remaining in the club.

These negotiations considered the wellbeing of the club, with myself agreeing to continue to fund the club for up to three years upon resignation from the board of directors and that I leave in place for the time being my financial guarantees which underpinned season ticket sales, which I have graciously done.  

There is no other past director that has left the club without being fully repaid their loans. During my time approaching £1 million has been repaid to past directors and I don’t believe that I should be treated any differently. At the peak of my financial support for the club my commitment was in excess of £4.5million. The loans have been described as benign and certainly have been with not one penny interest ever being charged.

It should be known that the club is without any other debt, unlike most clubs which have run up overdraft facilities, HMRC debt and had taken Football League loans just to get through covid. In contrast when the deal was done, there was no such debt ‘NIL’. Additionally, there was a cash balance of around £800 thousand pounds in the club’s bank account, and it owns Blundell Park and has a considerable number of assets.

During my time, I engendered wider ownership of the club with an open-door policy where my contact details were there for all and have never knowingly not responded with good grace and humility that such office should demand.

The Club was a Public Limited Company ‘PLC’ and as such the accounts published disclose much more information than a standard limited company does. This brought considerable scrutiny with the accounts being published, prior to AGM’s EGM’s and at fans forums, that were always well attended and video recorded for wider interest. I embraced this and have always been very open to those who attended and as witnessed by others who viewed the recorded footage.

The club was left in a very sound financial position with 1878 not having to provide one single penny of investment into the club to date. Funds left on account enabled the club to continue its investment of the past regime in ground and facility improvements at Blundell Park, Cheapside and the Wintringham Academy, with major items such as new flood lighting, Led lighting in various stands, new heating systems and showers in the main stand, new disabled facilities and toilets, a new ladies toilet block, four changing rooms at Oasis Wintringham school, new heart and GPS monitors, Gym equipment, new ticketing system, pitch renovations at BP & WOS and the list goes on and on.

I could go into specifics about Academy funding and the boards consideration of proposed funding from Alex May that have raised much question along with other sensitive subjects but sign off here for now!! wishing you all well and the very best of health.

UTMM
Kind Regards John  

The biggest let down of all is the acquisition of those £200k Trust shares - This is believed to be totally disgusting.

Maybe gifting this back would go along way.

Also, using UTMM reminds most people of one of the biggest declines in the Clubs History and a man that professed to love the Club but didn’t actually give a sh 1te.

Try returning what wasn’t yours to the rightful owners - that would be doing the right thing and in the best interests of the Club.

UTM
Reply: 25 - 218
WOZOFGRIMSBY
September 19, 2021, 7:39am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,948
Gold Stars: 180
It’s turned into the Italian job:

‘We are the self preservation society!’ 🎶

If you are THAT bothered about the club, why are you still clinging onto the monetary value of the shares given to the trust?

You obviously knew about Alex May’s previous ‘discrepancies’, how on earth did you think allowing him to invest in the club would be good?

Why did you act like a complete and utter berk (being polite here) when it came to contract negotiations with players?

Anyway, this is non-football surely. Is there a self pity thread?

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 218
sonik
September 19, 2021, 7:41am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from topuphere666
The cancer of the club trying to have one more moment.
John. The club is a million miles away from where you left it in a massively short space of time.

We have new owners who are honest, who act with integrity and honesty. Owners that not actually say they want the best for the club but actually show they want the best for the club.
The summer transfer budget, the upgrades at Cheapside, the fanzone areas, the food and the ticket system.

You say money was available to do this previously? Weird as to why you didn’t implement any the above.

Finish off your bottle of red.
Take your ‘benign loans’
And ride off into the sunset for a lovely game of snooker at your house.

You might be a fan of the club. But you’re not a fan in the minds of any of us. You almost ruined us.

1878 are the future and intercourse me. It’s exciting.

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 218
N2K
September 19, 2021, 7:41am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +466
Gold Stars: 1
Who’s that team we call the Grimsby?
Who’s that team we all adore?
We’re the famous black and whites
And we’re fkin dynamite…

AND WE DON’T HAVE FENTY ANYMORE.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 218
MuddyWaters
September 19, 2021, 7:43am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from 1542

The biggest let down of all is the acquisition of those £200k Trust shares - This is believed to be totally disgusting.

Maybe gifting this back would go along way.

Also, using UTMM reminds most people of one of the biggest declines in the Clubs History and a man that professed to love the Club but didn’t actually give a sh 1te.

Try returning what wasn’t yours to the rightful owners - that would be doing the right thing and in the best interests of the Club.

UTM

Exactly this.

If you are asking for respect, give back what was never yours.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 218
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Dear Fishies

Thread Rating

There have been 1 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.