Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Dear Fishies
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 32 Guests

Dear Fishies

This thread currently has 31,142 views. Print
22 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All Recommend Thread
fishyfanny
September 19, 2021, 5:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.88
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,516
Gold Stars: 15
I think it's over 150 red crosses
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 170 - 218
DB
September 19, 2021, 6:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.44
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,048
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from Getyourfactsright

In the absence of rational debate and ridicules perpetual obsession in having a pop at me there is little point in making further comments.

Let’s all concentrate on the positivity on the field, long may that continue with a swift return to the football league.

Kind regards and all the very best of wishes.
John

At about 9.15 am I posted :-

"You like all on here have a right to your opinions, one of which is that you say you are a true fan.

You obtained the £200k of trust funds legally albeit as reports go you were holding a gun to their head. Presumably, this was to enforce your position as a shareholder and you are no longer a shareholder. Morally why not gift the £200k back to the Trust? This is what I, and many others, think a true fan should do given that you have a few bob in the bank.

As far as fans know your £1.5 million is being paid over 3 years. So why have a red line about transfer fees? and suck money from the club earlier than need be. That transfer money could have helped the club rebuild more quickly which is what a true fan would want, and forgo his personal interest which had been secured.

Like any club director you put up cash, loans or guarantees when funds are low, that is not just you but done in all clubs. So as a true fan why don't you do the honorable thing and admit that got it wrong. You could say:-

'To all fans and supporters at Grimsby Town Football I got wrong, big time. I am truly sorry for the mess I caused and left behind. As a token of my repentance I am returning the £200k to the Trust and have told 1878 that I no longer require any funds from transfers; this money can then be able to be reinvested in the club.'

So there you have it John cut and paste and some MIGHT start to forgive you and many won't. This in my opinion is what a person who claims to be a TRUE FAN should do."

In reply to this, and other comments you said "In the absence of rational debate and ridicules perpetual obsession in having a pop at me there is little point in making further comments."

So I didn't swear at you or take a pop at you. I offered you the means of a rational debate to answer my opinions. So why have you chosen not to?

Why do you choose not to return the £200K to the trust, the money came from them through shares. Although there are many good needy causes in Grimsby, the money did come from the Trust members, some of which do not reside in Grimsby so they would see no benefit in their local areas. You made an open statement that you will invest the £200K but didn't say when or give a time scale. Hence, if alive, you could do this in 10/20/30 years' time so please give a definite time scale, also how do the needy apply to you to get the money?

Why do you want the transfer monies when as a True Fan ( your words) it would be better for the money to be invested back in the club?

From what I have read there are many who think you got it very wrong in the way ran the club. I have no idea of the numbers but probably somewhere in the excess of 50% and up to 90% of the fans. So why don't you say sorry to them?

I am not having a pop at you John, so as you want a rational debate what are your answers to my above points. This will give us a means to a rational debate.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 171 - 218
Theimperialcoroner
September 19, 2021, 7:03pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,259
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from Kris2
I see John Fenty remains a friend of the Fishy and Rob, so much so that he's invited to make more statements with his pathetic and egotistical forum name. Maybe next Rob will send him a list of people who said the meanest things so honest John can start threatening them with legal action.

Uncalled for.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 172 - 218
Grimsby2012
September 19, 2021, 7:05pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -8
Approval: -1,464
Gold Stars: 22

Beacuase i havent read them, dont need to and dont want to.

Don't listen to the haters John. You did an incredible job keeping the club in good condition over the years

I blocked seeing red ticks years ago so go ahead   If I don't reply to you then i didn't read your replies  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 173 - 218
Bristol Mariner
September 19, 2021, 7:07pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Grimsby2012

Don't listen to the haters John. You did an incredible job keeping the club in good condition over the years

Is this a Fenty parody account?

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 174 - 218
rancido
September 19, 2021, 7:17pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,619
Gold Stars: 96

Beacuase i havent read them, dont need to and dont want to.

The words Ostrich, head and sand spring to mind.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 175 - 218
Swansea_Mariner
September 19, 2021, 8:55pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,468
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from Grimsby2012

How exactly is finishing 92nd out of 92 league clubs an incredible job or do you have an incredibly low bar?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 176 - 218
ginnywings
September 19, 2021, 9:16pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Non football.

Apt.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 177 - 218
mariner91
September 19, 2021, 9:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,726
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from exiledmeggie

I am getting fed up of keyboard worriers that have been sold a story created by a sour puss who was kicked out of the park with his microphone back in 2005 when the commentary was moved away from hullberside. Whatever one thinks of the last, it is over. The football club was handed on in good shape.

If you want to see a badly run football club, go back to Scunthorpe and the mess they are in. Still think we were badly run, go and see what Southend have achieved this season and their management.

Oh and them trust pieces of paper. Did not nice Mike hand those shares for nothing. The trust gave them back for nothing. They are worth nothing. All Mike wanted was control of the club. He did not get it. Same as JF saw through Mr Schultz, knowing that the 1878 Partners would, and can take the club further than he could do.

Crawl back to your keyboards and start to support the team. Instead of pouring hate on the past. You are fortunate that the club has been well managed since the debacle of itv digital and the losses then.

Yeah crumbling infrastructure, reputation in tatters and non league again. What more could 1878 have asked for?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 178 - 218
RexFannies
September 19, 2021, 9:48pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +517
Gold Stars: 5
I can’t recall him defending anything in the damning Fenty years threads on here.

The Only Way Is Up
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 179 - 218
22 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Dear Fishies

Thread Rating

There have been 1 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.