Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Sacrilege!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 223 Guests

Sacrilege!

This thread currently has 9,041 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Maringer
September 10, 2021, 2:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,644
Gold Stars: 189
I wasn't specifically talking about prices in pubs (I've not been in one for a couple of years). Just the fact that some of the craft beer outfits charge an arm and a leg for their stuff - as in the mention of more than 8 quid for a pint in a can in a shop a few posts back. When you can buy a 750ml bottle of Tripel Karmeliet (World Beer of the Year award-winner) in Tesco for a fiver, over 8 quid for a smaller can is way too steep for me.

I realise London pubs are ludicrously expensive at times, but that wasn't my point.

That said, I've spent 20 quid on a bottle of Deus from a shop before, but that is double-fermented for 9 months and has 11.5% ABV so you can understand the extra expense!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 82
Poojah
September 10, 2021, 2:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,669
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from Maringer
I wasn't specifically talking about prices in pubs (I've not been in one for a couple of years). Just the fact that some of the craft beer outfits charge an arm and a leg for their stuff - as in the mention of more than 8 quid for a pint in a can in a shop a few posts back. When you can buy a 750ml bottle of Tripel Karmeliet (World Beer of the Year award-winner) in Tesco for a fiver, over 8 quid for a smaller can is way too steep for me.

I realise London pubs are ludicrously expensive at times, but that wasn't my point.

That said, I've spent 20 quid on a bottle of Deus from a shop before, but that is double-fermented for 9 months and has 11.5% ABV so you can understand the extra expense!

Not messing about with your beer there. Your name’s not Hugh, is it?

https://youtu.be/k5gQ_rruDmc

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 82
Maringer
September 10, 2021, 2:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Nah. I've not had any Kestrel Super for decades.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 82
DB
September 10, 2021, 3:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from KingstonMariner

You fill up my stomach
like a double fish supper
That I had with the rector
Down in old Cleethorpes town

Your songwriting is on par with mine,

Absolutely bloody fantastic crap.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 82
Ipswin
September 10, 2021, 3:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Maringer

The beer shop in Bury St Edmunds has just got 25 bottles of my favourite in stock but I think I might have to limit it to two bottles and hang on to them for Town's promotion celebration.

Westvleteren 12 quadrupel 10.2% 33cl £21-95

Until then I'll have to slum it on Westmalle Dubbel I suppose

Not a great accompaniment to Steels Jumbo haddock anyway

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 82
Maringer
September 10, 2021, 3:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
I've never had any Westvleteren, although I've heard many a mention of it. I generally prefer the blondes, personally.

That's expensive due to supply and demand. I have a feeling that some of the craft beers are expensive because they are craft beers. Or perhaps I'm just being cynical?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 82
SheepGTFC
September 10, 2021, 4:21pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: +288
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
I’ve never really seen this obsession with haddock over cod . I love a nice fat cod fillet. I’d be having the hake if I was going down to Torquay but I’m not .

you've been an exile too long
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 82
Teestogreen
September 10, 2021, 4:32pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -160
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from KingstonMariner

You fill up my stomach
like a double fish supper
That I had with the rector
Down in old Cleethorpes town

That is exactly the same tune I thought of, when reading the previous - then realised it was the late John Denver - different Town different country - great lyrics though 🎼🎼

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 82
KingstonMariner
September 10, 2021, 7:02pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Teestogreen

That is exactly the same tune I thought of, when reading the previous - then realised it was the late John Denver - different Town different country - great lyrics though 🎼🎼

Thank you. Have a word with DB. He hasn’t got your taste. 😆

(I am right in thinking Galway did a version of Annie’s Song on his flute?)

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 82
ginnywings
September 10, 2021, 7:03pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Many craft beers are over rated. Tried three different offerings at Docks Beers bar in the fanzone last week and they all looked and tasted exactly the same to me. Very cold and gassy; much like drinking lager.

Far superior to the Molson crap in the other bars however.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 82
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Sacrilege!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.