jamesgtfc
September 8, 2021, 8:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from aldi_01
So we’ve got these young kids coming through, working hard and getting their chance…imagine how many more could’ve done that had we had say, 400k more investment in the youth system…

I'm sure a condition of that money is that it MUST go on the youth system. 1878 are obviously much more privy to what has been going on than most of us. I think 1878 has too much professionalism but I would love to know what exactly they discovered after committing £2.5m.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 35
forza ivano
September 8, 2021, 8:26pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,269
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I'm sure a condition of that money is that it MUST go on the youth system. 1878 are obviously much more privy to what has been going on than most of us. I think 1878 has too much professionalism but I would love to know what exactly they discovered after committing £2.5m.

don't you think that it was interesting how JS casually slipped that out towards the end of the podcast? He's too clever to have done that by accident.
I've got a sneaking suspicion that JSF may not get all the money that he'd been banking on
I will tell you one thing ; if it were to go legal I think I'd fancy Pettit and his team versus a Fenty/Day team!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 35
jamesgtfc
September 8, 2021, 8:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano

don't you think that it was interesting how JS casually slipped that out towards the end of the podcast? He's too clever to have done that by accident.
I've got a sneaking suspicion that JSF may not get all the money that he'd been banking on
I will tell you one thing ; if it were to go legal I think I'd fancy Pettit and his team versus a Fenty/Day team!

I stopped short of saying something very similar but Fenty probably sold the club like you would sell a used car: caveat emptor.

Given his "immovable term" regarding transfers, I'm sure he had other "immovable terms" but I'm sure more things will come out in time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 35
HertsGTFC
September 8, 2021, 8:56pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Great opportunity for the lad. Well done to Neil Wood and his team.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 35
KingstonMariner
September 8, 2021, 8:58pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I thought that too about JS’ remark. Keep your ears pinned back next time they do an interview.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 35
Fillipe Noche
September 8, 2021, 9:01pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Won’t be a transfer fee.

This is a lad that clearly isn’t going to have a sustainable pro career with Grimsby, and won’t feature in Hursts plans.

He’s one of those unfortunate players with nowhere to go in a club that got relegated from the EFL, and so has no meaningful U23 opportunity any longer in VNL.

So a route has been found for him at an appropriate level, which is essentially EFL U23 football. No money will change hands in this transaction. The benefit to Town is another unwanted player off the wage bill.

You can bet your bottom dollar that the Blades website won’t be in any big rush to be announcing his arrival. It’s just an U23 thing. Nothing more and nothing less

He will be a kid that doesn’t achieve a sustainable career as a player. He will be looking for a new career and then playing decent level semi pro football somewhere

Good luck to the lad though hey

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 35
Northbank Mariner
September 8, 2021, 9:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,525
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from Fillipe Noche
Won’t be a transfer fee.

This is a lad that clearly isn’t going to have a sustainable pro career with Grimsby, and won’t feature in Hursts plans.

He’s one of those unfortunate players with nowhere to go in a club that got relegated from the EFL, and so has no meaningful U23 opportunity any longer in VNL.

So a route has been found for him at an appropriate level, which is essentially EFL U23 football. No money will change hands in this transaction. The benefit to Town is another unwanted player off the wage bill.

You can bet your bottom dollar that the Blades website won’t be in any big rush to be announcing his arrival. It’s just an U23 thing. Nothing more and nothing less

He will be a kid that doesn’t achieve a sustainable career as a player. He will be looking for a new career and then playing decent level semi pro football somewhere

Jealous there pal that there's been a transfer and no one bothered to tell you....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 35
aldi_01
September 8, 2021, 9:11pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Won’t be a transfer fee.

And yet he’ll still have a career in football and probably earn a good wedge…

There’s also zero way JS just dropped that comment in by accident…I wonder how many shredders they club went through between the beginning of December and February/March time…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 35
jamesgtfc
September 8, 2021, 9:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Won’t be a transfer fee.

How do you feel that your departure wasn't announced?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 35
Fillipe Noche
September 8, 2021, 9:47pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from jamesgtfc

How do you feel that your departure wasn't announced?

It was
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 35
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Starbuck

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.