Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back  (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 79 Guests

Just Back  (merged)

This thread currently has 18,230 views. Print
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
GhostDan
August 29, 2021, 5:51pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +984
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from Ipswin

It's not a case of being spiteful at all. I stated on Hurst's re-appointment that in my opinion (I take it that is still allowed) it was a mistake and a missed opportunity (one major step forward and two steps back) given the takeover of the club, a moment seen by most people as a fantastic new dawn.

I don't rate the man and I hoped the new regime might have invested money in a manager (rather than sprinklers and scotch eggs perhaps?) rather than reverting to Hurst (on the cheap no doubt as he was unemployed)

I made my position clear and as I undertook to do then, and I haven't done a u-turn by posting here again, I intend to refrain from any comment about Hurst, the team and results etc

Nothing would please me more than to be proved wrong and to see Town back in the Football League next season or the season after that for that matter

I’m not sure I’ve ever disagreed with any comment more, on any subject, ever.

You “support” the club, not the manager, not the owners and not even the players to a certain extent. If nothing would please you more than seeing us go up, get off The Fishy on a Saturday afternoon and down to BP.

UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 143
Bristol Mariner
August 29, 2021, 6:04pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Ipswin

It's not a case of being spiteful at all. I stated on Hurst's re-appointment that in my opinion (I take it that is still allowed) it was a mistake and a missed opportunity (one major step forward and two steps back) given the takeover of the club, a moment seen by most people as a fantastic new dawn.

I don't rate the man and I hoped the new regime might have invested money in a manager (rather than sprinklers and scotch eggs perhaps?) rather than reverting to Hurst (on the cheap no doubt as he was unemployed)

I made my position clear and as I undertook to do then, and I haven't done a u-turn by posting here again, I intend to refrain from any comment about Hurst, the team and results etc

Nothing would please me more than to be proved wrong and to see Town back in the Football League next season or the season after that for that matter

I prefer Noche to you…

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 143
wuffing
August 29, 2021, 6:25pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.40
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +852
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Ipswin

I asked because I was surprised no one had mentioned it especially as so many think it so important.
Folk were creaming their jeans about the free scarves, the totally different atmosphere, how wonderful it all was, the fanzone, the flipping sprinklers, the scotch eggs (FFS!),, the beer, how amazing it was to beat mighty Weymouth 1-0, how the new owners can walk on water, how McAtee is England bound, how wonderful that the players gave their shirts away and how everyone applauded before kick off and the queue for a urine was unchanged

I didn't want anyone to comment (Ska started it by adding to his basic yes/no answer about it being well received) I find the whole thing a total pain in the bottom, I merely wanted to ask if we were still doing it in the depths of the non-league. They'll be taking the knee at Ploggers next!

Incidentally I think Ska was talking about the Covid / vaccination / mask discussion starting up again not the fact that I asked about kneeling

There's something strangely biblical here...................how to p**s off 5,000 fishes!!!!!

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 143
EvilFish
August 29, 2021, 6:45pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +597
Gold Stars: 52
Quoted from Ipswin

Oh give over, Swin. You've been reeling out this schtick since the Topica email list days of 1996, regardless of who is the manager. I'd say it was wearing thin, but holes started appearing in it twenty years ago. Haven't you got anything better to do with your time?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 143
Jaws
August 29, 2021, 7:05pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
Best I've seen from Max Wright, can tell he's playing for a new contract. If he stays fit, he could be great for us this season.
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 143
fishcake63
August 29, 2021, 7:27pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
He wont stay fit that's always held him back , nobody loves max more than me but his injury record tells us the next one just around the corner hope i'm proved wrong because he really could be our match winner at this level , come on maxy prove me wrong lad
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 143
Madeleymariner
August 29, 2021, 7:46pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,073
Gold Stars: 52
Back from a cracking Lincs weekend. Visit family, Crazy golf, Steeles, Ice cream with a walk along the front in the warm sunshine, wander up to the ground, chat with some vocal Weymouth fans on the way. Decent game, great atmosphere, 1-0 win, what more could I ask for.
And what a difference the the clear barrier makes to the view in the Findus, and next time if I havn't had a Steeles I will deffo be testing out a scotch egg.
The game, no one played badly, think we still lack something in the final third but hopefully with a fit Shop/Taylor we will threaten more.
Thought Clifton and Fox excellent in midfield, and Efette great going forward, and although McAtee seems to take his foot off the gas for a few mins a few times, he is quality and will be instrumental to any success we have this season. Even the Parslow/Waterfall point worked out ok, but not sure why he left McAtee on for him to limp through the last 10 mins having signalled to the bench he wanted to come off just as Waterfall was waiting to come on I have no idea.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 143
GrimExile
August 29, 2021, 8:12pm
Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,281
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from GhostDan

I’m not sure I’ve ever disagreed with any comment more, on any subject, ever.

You “support” the club, not the manager, not the owners and not even the players to a certain extent. If nothing would please you more than seeing us go up, get off The Fishy on a Saturday afternoon and down to BP.

UTM

This x 1,000. Well said.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 143
MuddyWaters
August 29, 2021, 8:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Ipswin

I can be as grumpy as the next man but I support Grimsby Town irrespective of who the players are, who the manager is and even who the owners are.
Do I like Paul Hurst as manager? Well, he’s given the club its best day this century so he’ll do for me.
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 143
Yoda
August 29, 2021, 8:35pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,189
Gold Stars: 72
Hurst was very fortunate to keep his job after last season’s fiasco so he has to do top 5 minimum for me this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 143
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back  (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.