KingstonMariner
August 27, 2021, 11:31pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from toontown

I hate many u but the glaziers being able to buy man u by having man u borrow the money to be given to them is more bizarre and disgusting really.

Bit like the way Fenty funded his acquisition of Town

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 37
Maringer
August 27, 2021, 11:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,645
Gold Stars: 189
He's adapted his game cleverly. Now pretty much a goal-hanger in the way he plays, expecting his teammates to do the legwork, but he is a very good goalscorer still and, given the chances, will put them away. Also still extremely good at attacking crosses with his head so he'll score from corners or set pieces (not to mention his own), given the chance. I do get the impression you'd need to pretty much arrange your whole style of play around him these days, however. Might work out, but what is going to happen with Cavani? Most teams would love to have him playing for them, but he'll be playing back-up to Ronaldo, surely?

Also, what about the Number 7 shirt? It's Ronaldo's personal merchandising scheme, so is Cavani going to be happy to give that up?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 37
jamesgtfc
August 27, 2021, 11:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Maringer
He's adapted his game cleverly. Now pretty much a goal-hanger in the way he plays, expecting his teammates to do the legwork, but he is a very good goalscorer still and, given the chances, will put them away. Also still extremely good at attacking crosses with his head so he'll score from corners or set pieces (not to mention his own), given the chance. I do get the impression you'd need to pretty much arrange your whole style of play around him these days, however. Might work out, but what is going to happen with Cavani? Most teams would love to have him playing for them, but he'll be playing back-up to Ronaldo, surely?

Also, what about the Number 7 shirt? It's Ronaldo's personal merchandising scheme, so is Cavani going to be happy to give that up?

Can Cavani give it up? The season has already started although he hasn't played yet...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 37
GollyGTFC
August 28, 2021, 6:55am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,049
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby
Striker - Despite his age he was still the top scorer in Italy last season, out scoring Lukaku

Lukaku won the Scudetta with Inter though and Ronaldo and Juventus scraped 4th place on the last day of the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 33 - 37
Roast Em Bobby
August 28, 2021, 8:37am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,723
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Lukaku won the Scudetta with Inter though and Ronaldo and Juventus scraped 4th place on the last day of the season.

Yes, I know that. I was simply answering a question as to whether he will be played in midfield or as a striker.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 37
Grimsbynewhope
August 28, 2021, 11:04am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from promotion plaice

Didn't see that coming I thought he was off to City.

Reports saying he's signed a two-year contract and will be on a staggering £480,000 per week.

So much for the hard pressed premier league sides who were struggling to help the lower league clubs last season

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 37
Rick12
August 29, 2021, 12:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from denni266
That is a stupid amount of money for an ageing premadonna without the big boobidoos.. Football stinks in the prem
Brilliant player but is ageing. You could tell in the European championships he wasnt what he was. I think Kylian Mbappe may have overtaken him in the football hierarchy. World's number 1 now?.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 37
aldi_01
August 29, 2021, 2:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby

Yes, I know that. I was simply answering a question as to whether he will be played in midfield or as a striker.

He may have finished top scorer but his inclusion in the side came at a cost, coupled with Pirlo being kept in longer than he should’ve been. If a player like ronaldo leaves your club and he’s important fans are t happy, Juve aren’t that arsed.

They’re arguably a better side without him…although losing to empoli at home is excrement whoever you are.

It’s a decent signing for Utd and probably keeps Solskjaer in the job longer than he should be…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 37
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ronaldo returns to Man Utd

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.