arryarryarry
August 23, 2021, 2:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,037
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from ska face

The Bromley match was moved due to contractual obligations with the League’s TV partner.

The Stockport match was moved because another team’s contractual tv obligations meant they could take advantage of a rule put in place by the league where we had no option but to move a 7:45on ko, either Monday or Tuesday.

Both a result of procedures and agreements confected by this circus. Thanks for your input, mind.

I’m not too fussed over the Southend match, if they think they can get more fans in on a Friday then they’ve a right to ask the question.

Like I said, two of the games had sod all to do with the League but seeing as you are not bothered by those games then great, I'm so pleased for you.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 53
ska face
August 23, 2021, 4:01pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,753
Gold Stars: 851
Are you doing this for a bet?

There’s a fairly significant difference between two teams deciding to move a game so they can attract MORE fans, and one or both clubs being forced to move a game in order to attract FEWER fans, at the behest of the police or because of the league’s decisions.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 53
jamesgtfc
August 23, 2021, 4:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from pontoonlew

I’ve seen this ‘extra days rest’ excuse rolled out and it makes absolutely no sense given that we get less rest than our opponents the following Saturday

You would expect Stockport are going to be more of a test than Barnet so having an extra days rest before Stockport and sacrificing a day before Barnet makes sense.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 53
pontoonlew
August 23, 2021, 4:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from jamesgtfc

You would expect Stockport are going to be more of a test than Barnet so having an extra days rest before Stockport and sacrificing a day before Barnet makes sense.

Still don’t see the logic given Stockport get that rest too
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 53
lukeo
August 23, 2021, 6:14pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,395
Gold Stars: 149
Save up from the Bromley game and come to the South West for aa weekend and go to the Torquay game. Simples.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 53
KingstonMariner
August 23, 2021, 11:32pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
As others have said, it takes the edge off the enjoyment. Which is why we do it after all.

You get the fixture list, plot the games you can get to, plan your year around those dates, negotiate with family and friends over commitments, arrange meet ups, then throw the whole thing in the bin and start again.

X 4,000 fans up and down the country. And that’s just one club.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 53
Limerick Mariner
August 23, 2021, 11:58pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,721
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from KingstonMariner
As others have said, it takes the edge off the enjoyment. Which is why we do it after all.

You get the fixture list, plot the games you can get to, plan your year around those dates, negotiate with family and friends over commitments, arrange meet ups, then throw the whole thing in the bin and start again.

X 4,000 fans up and down the country. And that’s just one club.

Last time we were down here, there were hardly any televised games. Now they are weekly and we are now one of the big 6 in this pool of minnows. The TV games are weekly and spread around in the early part of the season, but in the second half of the season I reckon they'll concentrate on any of the big 6 clubs around the top ten that are looking like they have a chance of the play-offs - ie. it will get worse if we are anything like challenging.

This coupled with the police thinking we the fans are the lower league version of Millwall or Leeds...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 53
KingstonMariner
August 24, 2021, 12:54am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Yeah, somethings we can’t affect. Like televised games. Though we as fans can give our opinion of BT Sport when we’re at televised games 😉.

Just listened to Debbie Cook’s interview on DN35. [another excellent interview, with Debbie coming across really well, and there are some very good things happening at the club*]. I really do hope though that the club challenges the police a bit more over things like the police having intelligence that kick off times need to be changed. It wasn’t many years ago that Derbyshire police made untruthful statements (would ‘erroneous’ be a better word? I nearly put ‘lied’) on social media about trouble in a pub in Chesterfield, when the pub itself pointed out there had been no trouble at all.

The corollary, of course being we need to discourage bad behaviour by our fans, which we know a minority can indulge in.

* one of things I really liked was taking a bit of care and thought about new players when they arrive, like making sure there’s a welcome package of (nutritionist approved) food in the cupboard when he arrives. Nice touch when someone moves to a new town, especially as there’s always loads to do when you move.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 53
arryarryarry
August 24, 2021, 3:30am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,037
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from ska face
Are you doing this for a bet?

There’s a fairly significant difference between two teams deciding to move a game so they can attract MORE fans, and one or both clubs being forced to move a game in order to attract FEWER fans, at the behest of the police or because of the league’s decisions.

Am I doing this for a bet? what the intercourse are you on about. Did GTFC move the fixture to attract more fans? and what about the travelling fans who probably would have made the Saturday game but won't be able to travel on a Friday? Why not move all our home games to a Friday night?
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 53
jaf243
August 24, 2021, 12:29pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +73
Gold Stars: 3
Now sold out i believe.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 53
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stockport General Sale - 10am today

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.