Reply: 2 - 53
bradzmilne
August 23, 2021, 9:56am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,428
Gold Stars: 30
Slow start to sales which is a disappointment.

Can’t help but thinking after the unavoidable issues of Bromley and games being repeatedly moved for TV/police requests our away followings are going to take a hit.

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 53
ska face
August 23, 2021, 10:09am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,753
Gold Stars: 851
Quoted from bradzmilne

Can’t help but thinking after the unavoidable issues of Bromley and games being repeatedly moved for TV/police requests our away followings are going to take a hit.

Yep, one that I was really looking forward to now I only know 1 person going (other than myself) and most have said they can’t be ársed with all the hassle & messing about.

Gonna be the same for Halifax, Chesterfield, Notts County too, with Wrexham, Altrincham, Solihull & Southend alread on Tuesday or Friday nights. Kings Lynn on Easter Monday also just about guaranteed to be moved to an early KO, or played on the moon.

The clowns running this league have absolutely zero regard for fans. We’d be taking a minimum of 1-1500 to each of those if they were played on a Saturday you’d imagine.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 53
Vance Warner
August 23, 2021, 10:14am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,831
Gold Stars: 105
Quoted from bradzmilne

There’s only so much you can mess people around. I think we’d have taken loads on a bank holiday Monday. I was really looking forward to Stockport but now looking at the fixture list I can’t see where my next away game is coming from. I certainly can’t justify booking things well in advance.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 53
bradzmilne
August 23, 2021, 10:23am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,428
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from Vance Warner

There’s only so much you can mess people around. I think we’d have taken loads on a bank holiday Monday. I was really looking forward to Stockport but now looking at the fixture list I can’t see where my next away game is coming from. I certainly can’t justify booking things well in advance.

Yep, absolutely agree.

Away fixtures aren’t particularly kind to us in this league full stop and there’s some very long trips this side of Xmas.

I for one have been absolutely thrilled to get back to live football however the way we’ve been treated thus far has certainly left a bitter taste.

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 53
Mariner Timsky
August 23, 2021, 10:24am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 5
Yep me also

Proper annoyed by not just Bromley but also the Stockport game as well

It's taking the fun out of going and even trying to go now

Looking at the games I can also predict which ones will be moved KO times changes etc

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 53
Les Brechin
August 23, 2021, 10:38am

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,717
Gold Stars: 174
Always used to enjoy my away days.

It was more than just the game and more than often it was a good day out spoilt by 90 minutes of football.

Not too sure how many aways I'll get to this season as planning in advance has now gone really, with late changes and games being called off due to covid.

I was hoping to get down to Torquay for a weekend away next month but I don't really want to get everything organised, only for the game to be changed or cancelled a couple of days before.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 53
Limerick Mariner
August 23, 2021, 10:38am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,727
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from ska face

Yep, one that I was really looking forward to now I only know 1 person going (other than myself) and most have said they can’t be ársed with all the hassle & messing about.

Gonna be the same for Halifax, Chesterfield, Notts County too, with Wrexham, Altrincham, Solihull & Southend alread on Tuesday or Friday nights. Kings Lynn on Easter Monday also just about guaranteed to be moved to an early KO, or played on the moon.

The clowns running this league have absolutely zero regard for fans. We’d be taking a minimum of 1-1500 to each of those if they were played on a Saturday you’d imagine.

I agree. Something to raise with the Trust perhaps, we seem to be getting a raw deal. Southend at Kings Lynn wasn't moved to a 1 pm KO - they had 1600 fans there, similar journey time for them as from Gy, Moving a friendly to 1 pm with 200 Town fans going was just farcical. Halifax is now 12.30 I believe - and KO times shifting for police or TV will be nailed on for Chesterfield and Notts.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 53
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stockport General Sale - 10am today

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.