England v Denmark .....Match Thread

This thread currently has 5,017 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 All Recommend Thread
BobbyCummingsTackle
July 8, 2021, 8:53am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,300
Gold Stars: 307
Quoted from Davec
Italy will clearly be a tough test, they are very organised and compact and will look to make the game very stop start as that is what they are good at, we will need to be on song if we are to stand a chance!

Cmon England

I see a lot about how compact and organised Italy are (and of course they are) but I think England's greatest fear should be how they break and the speed they run at defences. Immobile, Chiesa and Insigne come at you like trains and break from deep defensive positions very quickly.

I already thought England were a bit vulnerable to a quick break, Denmark tore us apart for maybe 15 minutes last night after the goal by doing just that. It's a particular weakness of Maguire, he's a bit slow to turn and a bit ponderous (as well as not being great with the ball under pressure, he's ok but the least comfortable of our defenders).

If I was Mancini I would be looking to get Shaw and Walker into upfield positions and then break at England, targetting Maguire. And attack down Shaw's wing, Walker's recovery runs have been a thing of awe and beauty.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 91
toontown
July 8, 2021, 3:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,275
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Hagrid
Im glad ive booked monday off. Am bloody hungover urghh

God yeah!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 91
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › England v Denmark .....Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.