Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 7, 2021, 6:57pm

Deserves a thread of its own....come on boys

England: Pickford, Walker, Stones, Maguire, Shaw, Phillips, Rice, Mount, Saka, Kane, Sterling.

Substitutes: Ramsdale, Johnstone, Grealish, Henderson, Rashford, Trippier, Mings, Coady, Sancho, Foden, James, Bellingham.
Posted by: DB, July 7, 2021, 7:29pm; Reply: 1
Come on England, win for the country.
Posted by: lukeo, July 7, 2021, 7:56pm; Reply: 2
I like this line up. Come on England!!
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, July 7, 2021, 8:11pm; Reply: 3
Sam Matterface is the sort of guy who would take a phone call during a funeral. Probably whilst wearing a Castrol GTX jacket.
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 7, 2021, 8:18pm; Reply: 4

This has penalties written all over it  ;D ;D  ;D  ??)
Posted by: DB, July 7, 2021, 8:21pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from promotion plaice

Danes have parked the bus. :-/ :-/

Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, July 7, 2021, 8:21pm; Reply: 6

Didn’t you say that last night after about 3 mins? 😀
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 7, 2021, 8:22pm; Reply: 7

Didn’t you say that last night after about 3 mins? 😀

Yeah  ;)

Posted by: promotion plaice, July 7, 2021, 8:28pm; Reply: 8

Phew...thought that was going into the top right hand corner of the net.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, July 7, 2021, 8:32pm; Reply: 9
Never a free kick twisting fukin scrobs
Posted by: Abdul19, July 7, 2021, 8:33pm; Reply: 10
Wow, great goal
Posted by: HertsGTFC, July 7, 2021, 8:33pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Never a free kick twisting fukin scrobs

Great strike though.
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, July 7, 2021, 8:34pm; Reply: 12

Phew...thought that was going into the top right hand corner of the net.

I was going to say the free kick was but on replay it was virtually in the middle of the goal.
Posted by: Abdul19, July 7, 2021, 8:34pm; Reply: 13
Although nowhere near the corner. Thought it was a clear free kick though.
Posted by: DB, July 7, 2021, 8:35pm; Reply: 14
Danes had better thank the ref for that free kick, pushing and shoving all over and he gave the Danes it. I think he's biased to the Danes, Sterling has been pulled down since the kick off.

They might have scored but they are not quality. W'll come back.
Posted by: LH, July 7, 2021, 8:36pm; Reply: 15
Not looked confident since the three defensive errors in a minute on about 15’. Barely dared to come out of our own half since.
Posted by: DB, July 7, 2021, 8:39pm; Reply: 16
Ther No.8 fouls Kane in full flow and no yellow.
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 7, 2021, 8:42pm; Reply: 17

Get in....1-1
Posted by: DB, July 7, 2021, 8:42pm; Reply: 18
Sterling GOAL brilliant from SAKA
Posted by: Abdul19, July 7, 2021, 8:42pm; Reply: 19
Oi oi! Classic Sterling goal
Posted by: Abdul19, July 7, 2021, 8:42pm; Reply: 20
Or own goal! No matter
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 7, 2021, 8:45pm; Reply: 21

Given as an own goal by Simon Kjaer on FlashScore?
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 7, 2021, 8:49pm; Reply: 22

Half-time...  England 1-1 Denmark

And relax

Posted by: DB, July 7, 2021, 8:51pm; Reply: 23
Sam Matterface is the sort of guy who would take a phone call during a funeral. Probably whilst wearing a Castrol GTX jacket.

Listening to this guy for the 1st half makes our JT brilliant.

Posted by: Hagrid, July 7, 2021, 8:51pm; Reply: 24
Was a free kick. Refs been fair. Good response, cagey game. Enjoying it
Posted by: DB, July 7, 2021, 8:57pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Hagrid
Was a free kick. Refs been fair. Good response, cagey game. Enjoying it

But there was all pushing and shoving as well all around, yes as an individual situation it was a free kick, but in the whole seconds of play, it was one of a few fouls.

Posted by: moosey_club, July 7, 2021, 8:57pm; Reply: 26
I just wish England would give it a bit more urgency....tippy tappy feeling them out ....lose a goal and within a few minutes we have upped it worked the ball behind them twice and looking like they cant handle us.
Posted by: LH, July 7, 2021, 8:59pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from moosey_club
I just wish England would give it a bit more urgency....tippy tappy feeling them out ....lose a goal and within a few minutes we have upped it worked the ball behind them twice and looking like they cant handle us.

Energy preservation in an energy sapping occasion?
Posted by: Squinter, July 7, 2021, 9:00pm; Reply: 28
Time for secret weapon Grealish, take Mount off who hasn't done much for me
Posted by: Maringer, July 7, 2021, 9:02pm; Reply: 29
Biggest issue is that Rice and Phillips haven't been nearly good enough or brave enough in possession. They've both lost it the ball due to poor control more than once and their passing has been slow and negative. No real attempt to play it out from the back which is leading to Pickford aimlessly whacking it upfield too often. Also, Pickford looking really jumpy even before the goal, which was a great strike but close enough to him that he should have got there (in my opinion). Good comeback as we got the ball into the feet of Saka and Kane for the first time. We need to keep it up and the 'double pivot' need to start playing better.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, July 7, 2021, 9:02pm; Reply: 30
Bring Saka more in it to stretch them.  Dodgy at the back.  Pickford has made unforced errors.

We have the capacity to improve and great subs.  

Denmark are very dangerous though on every counterattack.  
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, July 7, 2021, 9:04pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from LH

Energy preservation in an energy sapping occasion?

Today’s post of the day is brought to you by Gazprom.

Energy preservation in an energy sapping occasion

You should work in marketing for state sponsored climate destruction  😀
Posted by: DB, July 7, 2021, 9:09pm; Reply: 32
Refs definitely biased. Maguire gets a yellow for nothing, Danes get at Sterling and Saka, and no booking.
Posted by: Grimal, July 7, 2021, 9:22pm; Reply: 33
Sorry but I can't see what Phillips brings to the table, he just runs about like a headless chicken.
Posted by: Maringer, July 7, 2021, 9:23pm; Reply: 34
Phillips has been much too negative today and hasn't won enough of the ball in the middle. Regardless of today's result, longer-term he'll need to improve or be replaced. I think Rice is a bit better as a holding player.
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 7, 2021, 9:23pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from Grimal
Sorry but I can't see what Phillips brings to the table, he just runs about like a headless chicken.

Phillips has been one of our best players in the tournament.

Posted by: DB, July 7, 2021, 9:25pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from Maringer
Phillips has been much too negative today and hasn't won enough of the ball in the middle. Regardless of today's result, longer-term he'll need to improve or be replaced. I think Rice is a bit better as a holding player.

I agree Phillips is having a bad game, needs subbing
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, July 7, 2021, 9:56pm; Reply: 37
Need to win this in ET. I would only back Kane and Mount from the spot. Sterling will need subbing at some point in ET because he’ll want to take a penalty and his record is awful.
Posted by: DB, July 7, 2021, 9:57pm; Reply: 38

Looking like your right.

Posted by: HertsGTFC, July 7, 2021, 9:59pm; Reply: 39
Think we need to be a bit more positive and stretch the space a bit Dane’s look tired.
Posted by: LH, July 7, 2021, 9:59pm; Reply: 40
This is absolutely horrendous for my health.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, July 7, 2021, 10:00pm; Reply: 41
So Philips is not getting the Fishy treatment.
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 7, 2021, 10:01pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from LH
This is absolutely horrendous for my health.

I'm on my 25th bottle of DESPERADOS and I'm still Shiiting myself.

Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, July 7, 2021, 10:04pm; Reply: 43

Haha. I remember sleeping / passing out in a drain in Antibes on the French coast after a Desperados session. I smelt like a Mexican prison.
Posted by: DB, July 7, 2021, 10:06pm; Reply: 44

Not looking good PP, try something from Scotland, France, or Russia for the nerves.

Posted by: Hagrid, July 7, 2021, 10:08pm; Reply: 45
sam matterface is the worst commentator i’ve heard
Posted by: DB, July 7, 2021, 10:09pm; Reply: 46
Another foul on Sterling and no booking
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, July 7, 2021, 10:12pm; Reply: 47
I don’t know if he touches him there. I thought it was stonewall but not sure now
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 7, 2021, 10:13pm; Reply: 48

Penalty for us, a bit harsh if I'm honest
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 7, 2021, 10:14pm; Reply: 49

Lucky but get iiiiiinnnnnnn
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, July 7, 2021, 10:14pm; Reply: 50
It wasn’t a dive but I don’t know how much contact there was, if any.
Posted by: Hagrid, July 7, 2021, 10:15pm; Reply: 51
Dive for me. From that Biased ref👀
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, July 7, 2021, 10:16pm; Reply: 52
Foden looks like one of those Japanese snow monkeys
Posted by: DB, July 7, 2021, 10:16pm; Reply: 53
2 - 1 we're winning, Final here we come.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, July 7, 2021, 10:19pm; Reply: 54
What a excrement penalty. Whatever.
Posted by: blundellpork, July 7, 2021, 10:19pm; Reply: 55
Quoted from Hagrid
sam matterface is the worst commentator i’ve heard

Prefer Clive
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, July 7, 2021, 10:20pm; Reply: 56
Sterling’s expecting contact from Vestergaard and falls into Jensen, when there is contact, but only because Sterling has bumped into him.

Harsh. But we’re probably owed some luck from tournaments past.
Posted by: oochiad, July 7, 2021, 10:21pm; Reply: 57
Knocked his knee, definite penalty………
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, July 7, 2021, 10:21pm; Reply: 58
Any Town flags spotted?
Posted by: Manchester Mariner, July 7, 2021, 10:22pm; Reply: 59
Very dubious penalty but England have edged the game.
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 7, 2021, 10:23pm; Reply: 60

Substitute Grealish substituted?
Posted by: Teesknees, July 7, 2021, 10:24pm; Reply: 61
We're better at falling down than they are!
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, July 7, 2021, 10:25pm; Reply: 62

Substitute Grealish substituted?

They should give Grealish some Pom Poms and just tell him to get the crowd going from the touchline in the final (if we get there).
Posted by: LH, July 7, 2021, 10:27pm; Reply: 63
Jack Grealish got punched on the pitch by a Birmingham fan not long back. Gareth Southgate has just put him in a polystyrene case ahead of a European Championship final.
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, July 7, 2021, 10:27pm; Reply: 64
Who’s England’s goalkeeping coach?

Hans Segers or Bruce Grobelaar?
Posted by: Toppy, July 7, 2021, 10:31pm; Reply: 65
Denmark playing with 10 men pressing England !
The Danish commentators seem to think that Pickford is Denmark's best chance of a goal.
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, July 7, 2021, 10:34pm; Reply: 66
Quoted from Toppy
Denmark playing with 10 men pressing England !
The Danish commentators seem to think that Pickford is Denmark's best chance of a goal.

I’d do anything for some Danish commentary instead of Spam Twátterface
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 7, 2021, 10:40pm; Reply: 67

We've only gone and done it, first major final since 66, I'm off across the road to celebrate in Willy's  ;D
Posted by: HertsGTFC, July 7, 2021, 10:40pm; Reply: 68
Well done England!
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, July 7, 2021, 10:43pm; Reply: 69

We've only gone and done it, first major final since 66, I'm off across the road to celebrate in Willy's  ;D

I wouldn’t bother PP. ive just phoned Willy’s and warned them a guy with a Gary Childs tache and sombrero is on his way to trash the place.

You did predict there would be penalties!! 😀
Posted by: mike502, July 7, 2021, 10:53pm; Reply: 70
https://twitter.com/JohnTondeur/status/1412889893722894342?s=19
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, July 7, 2021, 10:54pm; Reply: 71
The first pen was stronger than the actual pen.  Commentators curse Kane best pen taker.

I got the England scores right for the last 3 games and most of the scorers right.  Ok, 3-0 for Ukraine but Henderson hasn’t scored for England for 62 matches.
Posted by: Maringer, July 7, 2021, 10:54pm; Reply: 72
Deserved in the end as there was only really one team trying to win during the last 45 minutes of play because they were so knackered. Didn't think it was a penalty, but Kane should probably have had one (just about!), so it evens up. I'd have liked to have seen us put them away in the last ten minutes as we had loads of chances to break but I can understand the caution.

We'll need to play better against the Italians. Not convinced by the double pivot tonight, but probably required for the Final. At least we seem to be injury free, which makes a nice change.

Italians still favourites but beatable if we play well enough.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, July 7, 2021, 10:56pm; Reply: 73
The first pen was stronger than the actual pen.  Commentators curse Kane best pen taker.

I got the England scores right for the last 3 games and most of the scorers right.  Ok, 3-0 for Ukraine but Henderson hasn’t scored for England for 62 matches.
Posted by: Posh Harry, July 7, 2021, 11:03pm; Reply: 74
C’MON ENGLAND!!
Posted by: quebec38, July 7, 2021, 11:04pm; Reply: 75
I thought Denmark were decent in spells so I’m pleased we had that 2 man guard again. Without that we could be sat pretty disappointed and with a bit of egg on our faces right now.
We played well though on the whole and hit them in waves. Professional performance and we looked composed going in to ET. Imagine being Danish and seeing us bring on Grealish and Foden to partner Sterling behind Harry Kane.
Same line-up for me on Sunday. We have the better individuals but England and Italy are even sides. Italy may tip it but it’s a one-off game.
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, July 7, 2021, 11:04pm; Reply: 76
After a couple of months of the England fans wanting to pull off Grealish, Southgate does it after 36 minutes.
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, July 7, 2021, 11:13pm; Reply: 77
Viggo Mortensen, Mads Mikkelsen, Connie Nielsen, Caroline Wozniacki, Schmeichel out of Coronation Street...Schmeichel out of Coronation Street...your boys took a hell of an (unlucky) beating.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, July 7, 2021, 11:21pm; Reply: 78
Excellent tournament performance. Weren't at our best for first 30 minutes but responded well to going behind and gradually took control of the game. Were patient and didn't panic and thoroughly enjoyed the win. If any other country had knocked it about like we did in the last 10 minutes then everyone would be purring about them. Thought Walker amd Sterling were superb, Phillips grew into it and everybody did their job.

Looks a great final between the tournaments two best teams. 50/50 for me but bring it on.
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, July 7, 2021, 11:27pm; Reply: 79
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Excellent tournament performance. Weren't at our best for first 30 minutes but responded well to going behind and gradually took control of the game. Were patient and didn't panic and thoroughly enjoyed the win. If any other country had knocked it about like we did in the last 10 minutes then everyone would be purring about them. Thought Walker amd Sterling were superb, Phillips grew into it and everybody dod their job.

Looks a great final between the tournaments two best teams. 50/50 for me but bring it on.

When Walker loses his speed he’ll drop off a cliff quicker than Matterface should. But he was exceptional tonight. Really impressive from him.
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, July 7, 2021, 11:30pm; Reply: 80
Did anyone see there was a second ball on the pitch when Sterling broke into the box for the ‘penalty’? He ran right past the second ball.

Makes up for someone dabbing their pôofinger into Gordon Banks’ burritos in 1970.
Posted by: TAGG, July 7, 2021, 11:31pm; Reply: 81
Sterling again tonight was exceptional.
Player of the torment
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, July 7, 2021, 11:34pm; Reply: 82
Quoted from Grimal

This was the excrement I love to read. Apologies for the wrong quote.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, July 7, 2021, 11:36pm; Reply: 83
John Beresford and Steve Howey being interviewed on the quayside in Newcastle on Sky Sports News. Absolutely shitfaced.
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, July 7, 2021, 11:39pm; Reply: 84
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
John Beresford and Steve Howey being interviewed on the quayside in Newcastle on Sky Sports News. Absolutely shitfaced.

Howey the lad
Posted by: Cayman_mariner, July 8, 2021, 12:29am; Reply: 85
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Any Town flags spotted?

No but theres one with some stripes on it!
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, July 8, 2021, 12:54am; Reply: 86
Sterling still running at defenders at pace in the 120th minute.  How does he do it?  But, frankly, who cares?  Great performance.  

He still had to face idiotic questions again:  was it a pen?  Was it a bad pen from Kane?

Watched the highlights.  2 iffy free kicks just before their goal and a dodgy yellow card for Maguire equal a soft pen.  Jenas thought it was a pen as there was some contact. This was shown by a few replays.   Soft, but pens are given for similar runs at pace and tackles.

There was some OPTA analysis that showed Schmeichel saved 2.9 goals.  The best record in the Euros since 1980.

Bring on the Italians.  Another great game and atmosphere coming up.
Posted by: Davec, July 8, 2021, 7:12am; Reply: 87
Italy will clearly be a tough test, they are very organised and compact and will look to make the game very stop start as that is what they are good at, we will need to be on song if we are to stand a chance!

Cmon England
Posted by: Hagrid, July 8, 2021, 8:21am; Reply: 88
Im glad ive booked monday off. Am bloody hungover urghh
Posted by: GollyGTFC, July 8, 2021, 8:28am; Reply: 89
Quoted from Davec
Italy will clearly be a tough test, they are very organised and compact and will look to make the game very stop start as that is what they are good at, we will need to be on song if we are to stand a chance!

Cmon England

Spain showed us how to mitigate Italy even though they squandered the chance and lost on penalties. If we play into their hands like Belgium did we’ll most likely lose.

I would expect Trippier in for Mount and going 3-4-3 to tighten it up and look to exploit Italy’s lack of pace (especially at the back) with Saka & Sterling.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, July 8, 2021, 8:53am; Reply: 90
Quoted from Davec

Cmon England

I see a lot about how compact and organised Italy are (and of course they are) but I think England's greatest fear should be how they break and the speed they run at defences. Immobile, Chiesa and Insigne come at you like trains and break from deep defensive positions very quickly.

I already thought England were a bit vulnerable to a quick break, Denmark tore us apart for maybe 15 minutes last night after the goal by doing just that. It's a particular weakness of Maguire, he's a bit slow to turn and a bit ponderous (as well as not being great with the ball under pressure, he's ok but the least comfortable of our defenders).

If I was Mancini I would be looking to get Shaw and Walker into upfield positions and then break at England, targetting Maguire. And attack down Shaw's wing, Walker's recovery runs have been a thing of awe and beauty.
Posted by: toontown, July 8, 2021, 3:36pm; Reply: 91
Quoted from Hagrid
Im glad ive booked monday off. Am bloody hungover urghh

God yeah!
Print page generated: May 23, 2024, 12:43am