mariner91
May 22, 2021, 9:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,725
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from realist
I think the way the new trust board is behaving is disgraceful.

I fell for the "join the trust, have a say", but find I have no say. The fans elected board member is not elected by the fans. This board is mirroring Fenty in their use of executive powers,  What do you think?

You can literally email them whenever you like and they usually respond fairly quickly. There has also been a vote on who was on the board of the Trust within the last 6 weeks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 28
Kristine
May 22, 2021, 9:58pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from realist

I fell for the "join the trust, have a say", but find I have no say. The fans elected board member is not elected by the fans. This board is mirroring Fenty in their use of executive powers,  What do you think?

I can understand that processes can be confusing but fan elected directors are exactly that as board representatives on the Trust Board.

There is a document on the trust website http://www.marinerstrust.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Supporter-Director-role.pdf which gives further information on it.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 28
KingstonMariner
May 22, 2021, 10:05pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from realist

Dear oh dear. How many people directly elect the cabinet? I think it was one at the last count. If it’s a democratic deficit you’re worried about then that’s a bigger target.

Or how about your head of state? The only elector in that election is an imaginary person.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 28
LH
May 22, 2021, 11:05pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,566
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from realist

You have no authority here, John Fenty.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 28
davmariner
May 23, 2021, 2:39am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,959
Gold Stars: 79
Will the club be streaming matches online next season? Would be a shame for the exiles (particularly those abroad) to no longer be able to watch Town (and also to cut off a revenue stream).

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 28
arryarryarry
May 23, 2021, 2:58am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,037
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from davmariner
Will the club be streaming matches online next season? Would be a shame for the exiles (particularly those abroad) to no longer be able to watch Town (and also to cut off a revenue stream).

I believe streaming of matches in the NL was only allowed this season because of no fans being allowed into the ground.

In normal seasons I think it is against the League rules to live stream matches.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 28
DB
May 23, 2021, 6:40am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from realist

There is a time and place for everything.

Now is not the time as the club has new owners and moving forward with transparency and improvements at a fast pace. This has not happened before and the club was kept under tyrannical control to the extent that trust members on the board were gagged using company law.

The trust is now more than ever involved with passing news onto the membership via zoom, emails, etc. Fans had a democratical election to the Trust board which was overseen by, I believe Hull Supporters Trust chairman, so everything in the election had an independent supervisor.

Once the board has been elected, by the membership, they then delegate/decided which elected member on the board does what job. This normal procedure in any type of organisation.

Finally, if you have a complaint about the trust surely you should contact the Trust first, via email, with the details of your complaint. If you have not put in your complaint to the Trust then it doesn't exist as it will not be recorded, and you have not given the trust the opportunity to reply.

It all a bit like complaining about council serves in the GT but not writing to the council. Get things off your chest by all means but there is a proper way to do it.

As I said there is a time and place for everything.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 28
May 23, 2021, 9:25am
Guest User
Everybody knows that 'realist' is just a troll.  He should be ignored permanently.
Reply: 17 - 28
Iknowyoursecret
May 23, 2021, 6:14pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +0 / -3
Approval: -34
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

If your not happy I suggest that you do the following as per Trust Rules

"Motions to be formally raised at a members meeting must be
seconded by a member and submitted to the Trust Secretary 7
before the meeting in order for the motion to be added to the
agenda."

That is the way to change things, not come on here moaning about it!

Well first anyone can ask for an item to be put on the agenda and it does NOT have to  be seconded.So if your going to come on here please come on with the facts and not tripe.You can add anything in the agenda prior to the meeting as long as the board agree to it

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 28
bedders78
May 24, 2021, 8:02am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +838
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from forza ivano

1878 members club will be announced soon, which sounds interesting

I'm hoping for a cheese room

Grim Outlook exile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 28
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mariners Trust update

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.