Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Beers you love, or hate.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 29 Guests

Beers you love, or hate.

This thread currently has 3,509 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
July 30, 2021, 9:32pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Tonight I am mostly drinking Broughtons Hopo session ale and Isle of Arran blonde. Both fine Scottish ales but the Hopo is lush and the better of the two.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 58
1mickylyons
August 1, 2021, 9:24pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,389
Gold Stars: 56
Recently bought two cases of carling premier not seen it for ages.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 58
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
August 2, 2021, 9:55pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 59
Kronenbourg 1664
Peroni
Corona (with lime)

And when you fall back into the mud it hurts a lot.
No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.
All that was really there was still more misery

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 58
WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 4, 2021, 3:16am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,948
Gold Stars: 180
Quoted from 1mickylyons
Recently bought two cases of carling premier not seen it for ages.

Remember when we had that at a bbq at mine????

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 58
WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 4, 2021, 3:37am

Barley Wine Drinker
I worked for a craft ale distributor for 2 years before I moved over to Ireland. Got plenty of great samples from the likes of deya, tiny rebel, northern monk, abc etc but, non were really to my taste.

New Bristol do a very more some marshmallow stout and a cinder toffee one too.

Am more of a pils/lager fan though and like the European ones such as jupiler, ayinger, warsteiner etc and virtually any ‘helles’ too. There’s a couple of great breweries in Bristol that do amazing pils : lost and grounded - Keller pils and electric bear - Edison pils.

Rose is on fire

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 58
Maringer
August 4, 2021, 8:22am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,658
Gold Stars: 189
The 'craft beer' scene is good in many ways as it has created a lot of interest in the quality of beer, but I'm not the greatest fan of many of them. Fundamentally, the craft beer guys tend to chuck a excrement-ton of hops into almost all of their beers and it is just too overpowering sometimes. I've got more of a taste for them in recent years - quite like the West Coast IPA style due to the sediment (I'm a fan of wheat beers in general, too). Some of the fruitier IPAs aren't bad either. Aldi, for instance, often have a blood orange IPA (called Otis, I think) which is nice from time to time.

Ultimately, I prefer Belgian blondes/Tripels, but it's nice to have a variety of styles in the house depending on your mood.

For lagers, some of the continental stuff is pretty good. Not a great fan of most of the German pilsners though I am partial to Warsteiner now and again. Budvar probably still my favourite and Asda are still doing a great deal on that with 12 cans for 9 quid.

Whatever beer you are having, make sure you drink it out of a glass. You can't taste a beer properly if you can't smell it so swigging out of bottles or cans is pointless unless you're just trying to get drunk for the sake of it. I suppose Corona/Sol with a slice of lime in the neck are an exception to this rule. They don't taste of anything really, so the lime does at least add a bit of flavour!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 58
WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 4, 2021, 9:59am

Barley Wine Drinker
Meant to add, I’ve a krups ‘sub’ machine that am hoping to upgrade to a blade/perfect draft in the coming months. I find some of the beers very good especially the moretti and püntigamer

Rose is on fire

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 58
ginnywings
August 4, 2021, 11:46pm

Recovering Alcoholic
We are currently parked up at the end of the world in farthest north west Scotland and the only beer we have is some Coors light. Think I could drink about 50 bottles before I felt any effects.

It's pish, as they say around these parts. Dont know how people drink this sort of stuff on a permanent basis.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 58
WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 5, 2021, 9:09am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings
We are currently parked up at the end of the world in farthest north west Scotland and the only beer we have is some Coors light. Think I could drink about 50 bottles before I felt any effects.

It's pish, as they say around these parts. Dont know how people drink this sort of stuff on a permanent basis.

Why did you buy it then? 🤷🏻

Rose is on fire

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 58
ginnywings
August 5, 2021, 8:22pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Why did you buy it then? 🤷🏻

I didn't.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 58
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Beers you love, or hate.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.