4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
ex-merseymariner
May 2, 2021, 8:48am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,401
Gold Stars: 9
Having conversed with two local reporters about Ohman, they both reckon that once his furlough finishes, which could be as soon as next Saturday, he is free to return to GTFC for next season.

His furlough meant that he was unable to return even if Hurst wanted him back to shore up his defensive line. For all we know Hurst could think very highly of Ohman.

So officially, and legally, he is still a Town player.

Could he be an option for Hurst for next season?

1.  Ohman signed a 2.5 year contract in Jan 19, as per bbcsport at the time, so that expires soon. From what Hurst has said about Ohman he doesn't expect him back.

2. Could he be an option?  IF Hurst fancies him.  I reckon that there are very few players signed by Jolley or Hollowwords that Hurst would fancy re-signing for Gtfc.
Ohman has, bluntly, failed here. Was possibly expensive, comparatively.
Hurst probably more likely to re-sign Pearson, Toto or Gowling.  Maybe i'anson will come back  😀😉!!

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 33
jamesgtfc
May 2, 2021, 9:07am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190

Both reporters I have spoken to both confirmed they were told that the club had put him on furlough until the end of the season.

If he had been released,  as someone else mentioned, then his squad number would have been reassigned.

Also if he had left the club like so many others throughout the season, he would have been removed from the GTFC website, but all through, he has shown as still a GTFC player.

But the key thing neither reporter has told you is that employers can bring their employees back from furlough whenever they like.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 33
GollyGTFC
May 2, 2021, 9:20am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,048
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from geir

According to Transfermarkt he is a free agent: https://www.transfermarkt.com/ludvig-ohman/profil/spieler/77841

A website updated by teenagers when they’re not playing Football Manager... must be right then.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 22 - 33
GollyGTFC
May 2, 2021, 9:27am

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I’ve asked before how do we know this for sure?

Because I’ve been told this by somebody who I trust and who would know.

Obviously i won’t name them or they would never tell me anything else ever again.

And LO wasn’t the only furlough playing staff. He’s just the only one anyone would notice.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 23 - 33
moosey_club
May 2, 2021, 9:36am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,295
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from HertsGTFC
So like everyone else on here I don’t really know what’s happening with Ludwig but I have been closely involved with furlough in the last 12 months and the following is true,

- You have to be able to prove to the HMRC that there is no work for the colleague, whether they ask or not is a different matter. They have recently been auditing claims.

- You can place someone on furlough if they’re stuck overseas due to non travel restrictions like the ones currently in place for India, not sure if Sweden falls into this category but I’d doubt it.

- You would be on very stony ground if you placed someone on furlough if you never intended to employ them again.

Personally I think it’s completely irrelevant as he won’t be coming back anyway. Shame really as he’d have done ok in the National League.

The HMRC tend to find football clubs quite interesting so I would imagine we’ve taken a cautious approach here.

They better take a look at Chesterfield then, part of their squad furloughed off but brought others players in in January.
Think Barrow did similar too.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 33
GollyGTFC
May 2, 2021, 9:37am

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from jamesgtfc

But the key thing neither reporter has told you is that employers can bring their employees back from furlough whenever they like.

Yeah if we fancy paying 100% of his wages and not just the part not covered by the scheme.

Legally there would be nothing to stop GTFC furloughing every player on 9th May when the season has finished and end it the day the squad return for pre-season.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 25 - 33
May 2, 2021, 9:38am
Guest User
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Why let football training get in the way of a good game of darts?

When I was in the Army, I played for my Battalion team, and for one season in Tidworth the Commanding Officer decided he wanted us to win the League and the Cup that season.   So he ordered that the whole Battalion squad were excused all duties for the full season, and would be on full time training.  The reason for this story is that one day of every week we were either playing tennis in the Officers indoor court, or at the Bowling alley in Tidworth rolling a few balls down the lanes.  Ahhh, hard times back in the day!  Ohh, we won the Cup at the Tidworth Oval, 5-0, don't remember if we won the League too, but we probably did.

Reply: 26 - 33
GollyGTFC
May 2, 2021, 9:39am

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club

They better take a look at Chesterfield then, part of their squad furloughed off but brought others players in in January.
Think Barrow did similar too.

Businesses can furlough whoever they like and for any reason.

Be hard to prove there was work for furloughed footballers when their clubs have managed to field full squads in all matches.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 27 - 33
jamesgtfc
May 2, 2021, 9:44am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Businesses can furlough whoever they like and for any reason.

Be hard to prove there was work for furloughed footballers when their clubs have managed to field full squads in all matches.

Except we've only named a full squad in 1 of our last 3 games...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 33
ginnywings
May 2, 2021, 9:54am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
All the Government financial aid schemes have been abused by some people. There are just too many of them to be checked. Some shysters have got rich claiming bogus business grants many times over for instance. I'm covered by the SEISS scheme and had to declare that my business had been financially affected, which it had, but even if it hadn't, I could still have claimed it and doubt anyone would have checked, or will check in the future.

Many firms, and no doubt football clubs, have abused the furlough scheme.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ludvig Ohman

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.