Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 265 Guests

Relegation confirmed    

This thread currently has 13,947 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
April 28, 2021, 8:08am
Guest User
Quoted from realist
So we have reached another new low, returning to the Mickey mouse league where perhaps we belong.  I fear we are never to return to the EFL, especially with the muppet Hurst in charge.
I don't do non league.  I have had enough.

Feck off then you big baby!

Reply: 50 - 79
realist
April 28, 2021, 8:10am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,685
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from 123614

Feck off then you big baby!

You flipping anus. It's because of twits like you that accept this underperforming dross for our current position
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 79
IlkleyMariner
April 28, 2021, 8:10am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,038
Gold Stars: 69
Well that’s it. Time to reflect, learn and move on.
There is no point lashing out at each other and people in authority who should have done better.

Of course, we all hope for a good summer recruitment and a well managed pre season, unlike the last one. But we can’t take anything for granted, and will have to see what August brings.

What we do expect though is that the mistakes of the last year are not repeated, and a massive improvement is achieved.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 79
Jarmo.Is.God
April 28, 2021, 8:20am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
After time to sleep on it, and listen to PH interview with JT, i know the pain will ease, and soon return to optimism.

Before yesterday, i believe in the last 10 games, we would of been sat in 8th, it just happened too late

When he openly says the team he took over with, would of been relegated before now, shows the mess that 2 frauds had created.

Keep PH, and we will be back
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 79
Hagrid
April 28, 2021, 9:02am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from realist

You flipping anus. It's because of twits like you that accept this underperforming dross for our current position

its because of John Fenty the board and Ian Holloway
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 79
SomeSanity
April 28, 2021, 9:18am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +855
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Hagrid

its because of John Fenty the board and Ian Holloway

This with bells on. Board decisions, Not just JF. I have no words for Ian Effing Holloway.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 79
buckstown
April 28, 2021, 9:33am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,187
Gold Stars: 79
Lets be honest this has been 5 years in the making, not just this year. When you flirt with relegation virtually every season it shouldn't come as a shock when it happens.
Broadly speaking if you list the clubs in one column, their revenues in another and press data sort, that's where you'll finish. Every now and again you get a good manager and punch above your weight and vice versa. Trouble with GTFC is that no manager seems able to succeed and we have a culture in which third bottom appears to be success.
This club should be easily at the top end of league 2, probably higher and I pray that the new owners will create a positive culture and we might fulfil our potential. It's nothing more than our long suffering fans deserve after 20 years of failure
I don't know who its worse for, us old fans who can remember what success feels like, or the young ones who've only experienced the rubbish of the last 20 years
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 79
Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie
April 28, 2021, 9:47am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,468
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from buckstown

I don't know who its worse for, us old fans who can remember what success feels like, or the young ones who've only experienced the rubbish of the last 20 years

Got to be the unlucky ones who have only known the Fenty years. At least we have the memories of long-ago glory to comfort us! Got to hope that however sh1t this feels, and it does, that this is the bottom of the long downward curve and we’re about to be on our way up again. UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 79
mariner91
April 28, 2021, 10:28am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,726
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from arryarryarry

Barrow and Mansfield were on the same points as us when PH arrived, Stevenage 3 points behind us, how the frig did they manage to stay up?

I’d imagine it’s something to do with the fact that whilst they were underperforming, their squads were nowhere near as bad as ours. Barrow have had a turn round in form since Jolley was sacked mainly because Kelly dropped a lot of Jolley’s signings and played most of the players that got them promoted less than 12 months ago.

Our squad was unfit, inexperienced, bad attitude (amongst a lot of the more experienced) and generally just excrement. Some of the signings didn’t work out but if we’d had this squad from the start of the season and actually had a pre-season, I don’t think we’d have been relegated.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 79
Maringer
April 28, 2021, 10:34am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,643
Gold Stars: 189
I'd argue that the only difference between this season and the end of the 2017/18 season when we stayed up by the skin of our teeth under Jolley is luck. That season, we got the rub of the green and won a lot of points through penalties during the final games to ground out the results to stay up. Cardwell tripping over his own feet to get the winner at Swindon, for example. Late penalties against Barnet and Chesterfield and so forth. This season, these decisions have generally gone against us - last night's red card and a missed foul on McKeown a good example of this. Obviously, we've been utterly shite for most of the season as well as having some poor fortune towards the back end of the season, but then we were back in 2017/18 as well.

Jolley might have been an unpleasant bottom, but he wasn't far wrong with his rant about the way club was being run. Let's hope that this, at least, changes.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 79
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Relegation confirmed    

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.