arryarryarry
April 27, 2021, 10:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,037
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from mariner91

It's a travesty really as we all know there was a plethora of available, in form and fit strikers capable of scoring a goal every other game in L2 who were desperate to sign for a basket case club sitting 22nd in the league and with a very real chance of being relegated who pay shite wages and is located in the bottom-end of nowhere during a three month national lockdown.

How do you know there weren't better players out there as he brought in his mates and give one of them a two year contract, did he look hard enough?

There must have been someone out there better than that twit Payne for felicitations sake.
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 79
mariner91
April 27, 2021, 11:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,725
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from arryarryarry

How do you know there weren't better players out there as he brought in his mates and give one of them a two year contract, did he look hard enough?

There must have been someone out there better than that twit Payne for felicitations sake.

How regularly does any club make a good signing in the January transfer window? Exeter's manager was bemoaning the lack of good players available and they weren't struggling like we were.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 79
arryarryarry
April 27, 2021, 11:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,037
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from mariner91

How regularly does any club make a good signing in the January transfer window? Exeter's manager was bemoaning the lack of good players available and they weren't struggling like we were.

Barrow and Mansfield were on the same points as us when PH arrived, Stevenage 3 points behind us, how the frig did they manage to stay up?
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 79
KingstonMariner
April 27, 2021, 11:23pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from RonMariner
Well done John Fenty.

You have proved that your achievement in getting us booted out of the EFL in 2010 was no fluke.

πŸ˜†
You have made me laugh on an otherwise sombre evening.

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 79
GYinScuntland
April 28, 2021, 1:57am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
Quoted from BenBB
Out of our misery and paired with a bittersweet 4-0 loss by Scunny. Just got to hope we come back better than ever and do a Lincoln with the new owners. UTM.

Going to miss having iFollow though, being in Scotland it's been great to watch all the games. Hopefully the club puts their own alternative service up next season. At least we'll be on BT sport.  

It's with no small irony that I negotiated my Virgin Media package to include BT Sport mainly because I could see Hamburg do their annual end of season implosion.
Now it looks like I've luckily got a BOGOF.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 79
aldi_01
April 28, 2021, 5:52am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
That flipping useless, parasitic, no mark, crooked, arrogant, roll necked wearing girl private will still think he’s been a success.

He’s lucky it was only a scratch on his car...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 79
Swansea_Mariner
April 28, 2021, 7:52am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,468
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from arryarryarry

Barrow and Mansfield were on the same points as us when PH arrived, Stevenage 3 points behind us, how the frig did they manage to stay up?

None of those clubs had our 'principal funder' in charge
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 79
April 28, 2021, 8:03am
Guest User
Quoted from Yoda
Amond was available.

No way he would have come back here after the way he was treated.

Reply: 47 - 79
realist
April 28, 2021, 8:05am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,685
Gold Stars: 41
So we have reached another new low, returning to the Mickey mouse league where perhaps we belong.  I fear we are never to return to the EFL, especially with the muppet Hurst in charge.
I don't do non league.  I have had enough.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 79
April 28, 2021, 8:07am
Guest User
Watched Barrows goals last night and saw how many big units they have in the team.  Is this the way forward?
Reply: 49 - 79
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Relegation confirmed    

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.