6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
OneLove
April 1, 2021, 9:38pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
if you loved the club you stand your ground against a man who's destroying it and not pay entry nor ifollow sub. Whether you've been town for years on end its putting doe into his pocket at the end of the day. Take a hard look at this season and tell me you would pay to go thru that again? no chance. it'll get worser and worser regardless with that wally here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 55
kevikov
April 1, 2021, 10:19pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +834
Gold Stars: 13
It’s every fans own choice. I’ve made mine. Not a penny more until fenty has no part in the club.

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 55
denni266
April 1, 2021, 10:53pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
Same here not a penny while he is here .. Been doing it for a while now . But i fear for next season more than this season , As we will need more than a competitive  budget to get out .. we will need an outstanding one .. and there is no chance of that
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 55
Swansea_Mariner
April 1, 2021, 11:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,468
Gold Stars: 63
Fenty = no future.

A boycott would at least force the issue, there is nothing to  be feared by going down the Phoenix route plenty of clubs have done it so why not us.

The alternative is ground hog day can anyone honestly say they want another 20 years of this dog excrement.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 55
louth_in_the_south
April 2, 2021, 7:22am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,704
Gold Stars: 96
Pains me to say it but I won’t be giving the club any more ££ until he’s gone . And tbh I won’t even bother with the away games down here .
If the takeover doesn’t happen I see us getting 1000 STs next season after this year’s debacles on and off the pitch .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 55
mariner91
April 2, 2021, 8:31am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,726
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from immariner

What evidence is there that he'll get bored? Have people suddenly forgotten that he's a megalomaniac with both hero and victim complexes? If the Stockwood-Petitt takeover doesn't go through and people boycott, we'll be in the Conference with Fenty signing off on "benign" loans, which we now know from experience, that he's going to insist on being paid back by any future potential owner. So you go from £2.5 to £3m to £3.5m to buy the club. Who the intercourse is going to do that? And at what point does it become too much and Fenty just pulls the plug, taking us down. I don't doubt for a second that he would do that.

I get the emotional pull of the boycott but I just fear it would ultimately be counter-intuitive.

Well so what? It has been proven beyond a doubt that with Fenty involved the absolute best this club can hope for is to be perennial L2 strugglers. When we easily average top half for L2 average attendances despite the fact we're always shite, that is beyond depressing. There would never be any forward thinking or investment, just a slow demise under a megalomaniac who thinks he's God cause he made a few quid selling fish. We've had it for nearly 20 years and it's been slowly putting many of the fans off but the second stint in non-league due to Fenty's abject judgement this season will be too much for many who stuck by the club for six seasons in NL previously. Add in the fact he was actively trying to get the crook Alex May involved with the club and it's abundantly clear that he doesn't care for the club at all and will sell it down the river if need be to fill his pockets.

If he stays the club will die regardless. May as well do the merciful thing and take away the life support which is backing his regime monetarily.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 55
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › not a penny more

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.