2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Fillipe Noche
March 23, 2021, 8:30am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Massive game tonight. We have to get three points tonight. A point is no good, tonight has to be the the night that we kickstart wins.

If we do, then I’m confident that Barrow, Walsall and Colchester are very catchable. Barrow probably the lesser of those three based on recent form.

But win tonight and what was a massive game tonight, leads us to an ever bigger and more exciting prospect of a game on Saturday as we then have the opportunity of dragging Walsall deeper into the fight.

This season could have a really exciting finish on the cards if tonight goes well.

I just hope and pray that we can start creating chances in open play. We need to feed the strikers
Logged Offline
Private Message
RonMariner
March 23, 2021, 4:19pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,789
Gold Stars: 226
As Southend, Barrow, and Stevenage have demonstrated recently, pretty much every team in this division can be beaten by a team at the bottom end of the table.

So our last 11 games should be viewed as 11 chances to get three points. Forget the oppositions league position. It counts for nothing when they cross the white line and its 11 v 11 in an empty stadium.

I am sure the absence of crowds has something to do with it, but the way results have gone recently (apart from ours so far) show that it's all up for grabs.

But we have to play to win. We have to go for it. Hurst's job is to convince the players that they can win, and then send them out there with the will and desire to do it.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 15
Hagrid
March 23, 2021, 4:23pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 536
walsall play southend tonight
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 15
RichMariner
March 23, 2021, 5:30pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,160
Gold Stars: 210
It's strange — after losing so many matches, between us and Barrow we're 8 unbeaten!

Southend have won at Forest Green. Both us and Barrow have won at Cheltenham. It's a strange league — Cambridge have lost 11 and are second!

The difference between the top and bottom teams isn't that huge. Generally speaking (and I've been saying it all season) the quality in this league has been so much poorer than previous ones.

Scunny won a few games and pulled themselves clear, and Barrow have done the same. It'd be good if we could get ourselves a few quick wins to make those above us nervous.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 3 - 15
moosey_club
March 23, 2021, 6:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,294
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from RichMariner
It's strange — after losing so many matches, between us and Barrow we're 8 unbeaten!

Southend have won at Forest Green. Both us and Barrow have won at Cheltenham. It's a strange league — Cambridge have lost 11 and are second!

The difference between the top and bottom teams isn't that huge. Generally speaking (and I've been saying it all season) the quality in this league has been so much poorer than previous ones.

Scunny won a few games and pulled themselves clear, and Barrow have done the same. It'd be good if we could get ourselves a few quick wins to make those above us nervous.

Is everyone on here deluded ?
The difference isnt huge ?  We are far and away the worst team in this league , not only glancing at the table tells you that, or the goal difference column, or the lack of W's in our result columns , just watching us every week.  Even teams that look awful against us still beat us without breaking sweat.
The rest of the league may be close but we are shockingly bad and at our own isolated sub level of cr@p.

But hey , i am sure the players will suddenly decide to start winning so we can win 9 out of the remaining 11 games to ensure survival with a game or two to spare.  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 15
ginnywings
March 23, 2021, 6:46pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
We haven't had the rub of the green lately. We could have won 2,3 or even all 4 of the last four games. Decisions for and against not going for us. Width of the woodwork costing us twice.

People keep saying we don't create enough chances but the teams we have played against haven't exactly created loads either. Fine margins.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 15
Northbank Mariner
March 23, 2021, 6:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,525
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from ginnywings
We haven't had the rub of the green lately. We could have won 2,3 or even all 4 of the last four games. Decisions for and against not going for us. Width of the woodwork costing us twice.

People keep saying we don't create enough chances but the teams we have played against haven't exactly created loads either. Fine margins.

Difference being Ginny, they've buried their chances whilst we've fluffed our lines...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 15
wigworld
March 23, 2021, 6:54pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from moosey_club

Is everyone on here deluded ?
The difference isnt huge ?  We are far and away the worst team in this league , not only glancing at the table tells you that, or the goal difference column, or the lack of W's in our result columns , just watching us every week.  Even teams that look awful against us still beat us without breaking sweat.
The rest of the league may be close but we are shockingly bad and at our own isolated sub level of cr@p.

But hey , i am sure the players will suddenly decide to start winning so we can win 9 out of the remaining 11 games to ensure survival with a game or two to spare.  

I'm trying desperately hard to be more positive than this, but I can't find an argument against anything you say.  

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 7 - 15
ginnywings
March 23, 2021, 8:01pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Difference being Ginny, they've buried their chances whilst we've fluffed our lines...

Yeah they have but we could have had 2 or 3 more goals with a bit of luck and that could make all the difference.

Both FGR goals against us had an element of luck for example.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 15
FishOutOfWater
March 23, 2021, 8:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,575
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from ginnywings

Yeah they have but we could have had 2 or 3 more goals with a bit of luck and that could make all the difference.

Both FGR goals against us had an element of luck for example.

And an element of poor refereeing

Not that I am blaming refs for our league position.... the board and managers are responsible for our sorry state

Just can't remember the last time we had a ref that wound our opponents up in the same way they do us

Onwards and upwards.... it ain't over 'til it's over

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 9 - 15
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Barrow, Walsall, Colchester

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.