Hagrid
March 22, 2021, 7:28am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,486
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from GollyGTFC

I see the government getting the public to blame each other rather than them and their disastrous handling of the pandemic is alive and well in your house.

I’m sorry you are still having side effects but where we are isn’t due to individuals making poor decisions it’s because of the government.

You talk about the woman in your office. Have you considered that she simply can’t afford to take time off work. If she does she can’t pay the mortgage/rent and wouldn’t have enough money to feed her and her family?

Who’s fault is that? Her for living close to the poverty line or the callous people who have actively cut money from the most vulnerable in society for over 10 years?

People have been put in a no win situation.

Im no Tory

We were told work from home. She too. We’ve been on full pay

I went in for 1 week to assist a new member of staff. There was no reason for said woman to be coming in to the office
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 138
moss_side_mariner
March 22, 2021, 7:38am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +9 / 0
Approval: +1,043
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from GollyGTFC
I don’t see what action the club can take against Montel unless police action is taken. And they’ll be too busy surpressing peaceful protests in our facist state after this week.

Like the peaceful protests in Bristol last night.

from the banks of the river humber, to the shores of sicilly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 138
WOZOFGRIMSBY
March 22, 2021, 7:49am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,977
Gold Stars: 185
The second gender reveal party is in 6 years time when they class themselves as a teapot or thermos flask

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 138
GrimExile
March 22, 2021, 7:55am
Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,280
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from DB

I think this is a tasteless remark to somebody who is ill, regardless of it being covid or some other illness. I have never met anybody who decides to go and get ill especially covid.

Their are a few on here who are not keen on me and a few who I have a spat with but I would never suggest to them that they went and got covid on purpose. Theirs banter, leg pull, having a joke and having a pop at somebody, but this goes beyond any of these to a new total low statement.

The best thing IMO is that you apologise and hope Hagrid gets well soon.  

We’ve had a spat DB but my God I agree with you 100% here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 138
ska face
March 22, 2021, 8:07am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,779
Gold Stars: 851
Quoted from moss_side_mariner

Like the peaceful protests in Bristol last night.

The peaceful vigil attendees in Clapham got the same treatment from the police just for standing there with candles.

Almost as if the problem lies with how the police decide to deal with crowds they’ve decided they don’t like? Not that anyone on a football forum would have any experience of that kind of thing...
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 138
GollyGTFC
March 22, 2021, 8:17am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,054
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from ska face

The peaceful vigil attendees in Clapham got the same treatment from the police just for standing there with candles.

Almost as if the problem lies with how the police decide to deal with crowds they’ve decided they don’t like? Not that anyone on a football forum would have any experience of that kind of thing...

The other day was 18 years since the Rotherham away win when the “Clap clap clap clap clap clap fish” chant was born.

It was also the night I was struck completely unprovoked by a South Yorkshire Police officer with his baton when leaving Millmoor.

Police are like protesters. Most are good people but they get tarred by the actions of the bad ones amongst them.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 55 - 138
moss_side_mariner
March 22, 2021, 8:22am
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +9 / 0
Approval: +1,043
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from ska face

The Clapham Common vigil and Bristol protest, along with many other so called peaceful protests, were infiltrated by people intent on violence. Seems to be the done thing for a certain section of society today. The police are in a no win situation. If they keep a low profile and violence erupts, people would be asking why they've done nothing.

from the banks of the river humber, to the shores of sicilly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 138
ska face
March 22, 2021, 8:23am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,779
Gold Stars: 851
Quoted from moss_side_mariner

The Clapham Common vigil and Bristol protest, along with many other so called peaceful protests, were infiltrated by people intent on violence.

Yeah, they’re called “the police”.
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 138
Madeleymariner
March 22, 2021, 8:33am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 50
The crowd had loads of anti police and anti new security bill people handing out leaflets and rabble rousing. Just look at a lot more footage than the brief bits you saw on the news, fully balaclaved men pushing and shoving the peaceful people from a couple of rows behind into the police line, the 2 guys that look like they were carrying rounders bats, keeping women safe! they had no intention of supporting it. PS virtually everyone at the vigil was breaking the law planned to be peaceful or not.  And no I'm not a Tory either.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 138
Mallyner
March 22, 2021, 8:33am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,515
Gold Stars: 23
Bloody stupid Americanism.

And how many more are we going to have?

How far can a pension go? 5 Grandchildren, Americanisms, Halloween, 13 years Becoming a Teenager special birthday, Sweet 16 special birthday, 18 years special birthday, added to the actual birth, wetting the babies head, Christening, 21 years special birthday, weddings, Christmas, Easter, some holiday money, I am sure I have missed some.

Plus the dog has to send Mummy Birthday, Christmas and Mother's Day presents.

And now Gender Reveal parties.

The only Americanism I qualify for receiving at my age is Grandparents Day and the Grandkids don't know about that one, I have even paid for my own funeral.  

Apart from the fact that he looks to have broken lockdown rules, which is not good I am also annoyed at Montel for letting lots of people know, who previously hadn't heard about Gender Reveal Parties.

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 138
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Montel Gibson

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.