Bigdog
March 16, 2021, 9:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.12
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from psgmariner

They were all saying how the bookies had it wrong and we were a great bet for promotion 😂

Yep, nodding sagely in agreement with the club promoting and signing up to the salary cap too. How's that rule gone for us in January? Couldn't even buy us out of the shite if they wanted to..

I was made to feel guilty for firing warning shots last summer and now made to feel guilty for clinging onto hope as it stands tonight. Winds me up a bit, that's all..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 131
pontoonlew
March 16, 2021, 9:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,098
Gold Stars: 181
Quoted from Heisenberg

This again, really?! Who on Earth was on here pre season praising the stance of the club? I don’t remember anybody. I was going mad when Vernam left in particular. No pre season games. Recruiting players from Tier 8 - everyone knew this would be really pushing our luck, and so it has proven.

Go back and read the threads. The ‘not all teams will make it through the season’ was churned out by fans more time than I care to remember
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 131
RonMariner
March 16, 2021, 9:47pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,875
Gold Stars: 232
I think relegation is inevitable, and it makes me angry because it is so obviously self inflicted. So I vent here because I know there are people just as angry, frustrated and disappointed as I am. It makes me sick to the stomach.

The worsts aspect of all this is the hope that we have had, all of the golden opportunities we have had to progress in the last couple of months, all of which we have wasted. I don't have to list the games when we were coming up against teams on a dreadful runs of form. Teams ripe for the taking. Yet time and time again, we failed. It's the hope that kills  you.

We failed because the playing staff has been underfunded for years.  We failed because we signed mediocre players in the summer and, while still well clear of the relegation places, we appointed a manager who proceeded to sign yet another set of mediocre players.

I hope we win tomorrow. I hope we go on to win most of the remaining games. I hope we stay up and the Hurst supporters have a field day slagging off people like me who think he is a total disaster, and gloat all day long reminding me that 'I told you so.'. I really hope that happens.

But I also hope I win the lottery. At some point it's easier to accept that we are the worst team on the country.

On the plus side we might get to see a winning team next year. I can see us climbing back to the top end of L1 at least under sensible ownership and management. As I have said before, there is no reason why we can't do what Lincoln, and before them Scunthorpe, have dome recently and get into the Championship. In the 80's and 90's we punched above our weight. Recently we have operated far below our potential. It's criminal.

Things will improve. But only once the current regime is gone. It is rotten to the core and will eventually destroy the club altogether if not removed.

Thankfully that will happen soon.      

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 131
MuddyWaters
March 16, 2021, 9:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from RonMariner
I think relegation is inevitable, and it makes me angry because it is so obviously self inflicted. So I vent here because I know there are people just as angry, frustrated and disappointed as I am. It makes me sick to the stomach.

The worsts aspect of all this is the hope that we have had, all of the golden opportunities we have had to progress in the last couple of months, all of which we have wasted. I don't have to list the games when we were coming up against teams on a dreadful runs of form. Teams ripe for the taking. Yet time and time again, we failed. It's the hope that kills  you.

We failed because the playing staff has been underfunded for years.  We failed because we signed mediocre players in the summer and, while still well clear of the relegation places, we appointed a manager who proceeded to sign yet another set of mediocre players.

I hope we win tomorrow. I hope we go on to win most of the remaining games. I hope we stay up and the Hurst supporters have a field day slagging off people like me who think he is a total disaster, and gloat all day long reminding me that 'I told you so.'. I really hope that happens.

But I also hope I win the lottery. At some point it's easier to accept that we are the worst team on the country.

On the plus side we might get to see a winning team next year. I can see us climbing back to the top end of L1 at least under sensible ownership and management. As I have said before, there is no reason why we can't do what Lincoln, and before them Scunthorpe, have dome recently and get into the Championship. In the 80's and 90's we punched above our weight. Recently we have operated far below our potential. It's criminal.

Things will improve. But only once the current regime is gone. It is rotten to the core and will eventually destroy the club altogether if not removed.

Thankfully that will happen soon.      

Let’s face it. Holloway and Fenty couldn’t have copulated the club any better if they’d tried. And got their money back for doing so. Shame on you.
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 131
Davec
March 16, 2021, 9:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
There were loads of posters on this forum who were praising the clubs approach, as many posters were certian clubs would go bust or the season wouldn't finish and I also remember when we let Vernam go there were again many posters saying it was absolutely the right decision not to keep him, also the Covid clauses were highly praised also.

If people go and re-read some of the threads at the time they will see this.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 131
Bigdog
March 16, 2021, 9:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.12
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from promotion plaice

It's all right for you lot, I changed my username from "relegation plaice" to "promotion plaice".

What a plonker.

If we go down and Hurst stays in charge, you'd be better off changing your name to "playoff plaice". Should last you a good few years..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 131
arryarryarry
March 16, 2021, 9:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,052
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from friskneymariner
Big old woman just gone by singing.

No need to bring my wife into this.
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 131
Hagrid
March 16, 2021, 9:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,532
Gold Stars: 544
God this worlds depressing as intercourse. Why do we even bother living
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 131
Marinerdeano
March 16, 2021, 9:59pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +467
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from arryarryarry

I'm sorry but that's just bull excrement.

We can't blame clubs for doing what they need to do like Barrow.

We were not even in the bottom two when Hurst took charge.

If we go down and that is looking very likely the only people to blame are Fenty,  Holloway and Hurst.

Not blaming other clubs. Just seems to be a kick in the balderdash every single week.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 131
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
March 16, 2021, 10:07pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 556
I didn’t write any posts praising the summer approach to Covid contacts etc.

But I do admit the season started as nothingness to me, as I didn’t expect it to complete. I thought the 2nd / 3rd wave would be so bad over the winter that there was no way the season would finish. If it did complete I thought several L2 teams would go into administration.

However, it takes a brave (or stupid, arrogant?) Board to not realise that no other clubs were sacking off the season before it even began. It goes back to my previous comments that Fenty is viewed as a laughing stock by directors and owners of other football clubs that I have spoken with.

I don’t like to follow the crowd but if every other club was preparing for a full season, it is a high risk strategy to not follow suit.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 131
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FFS Barrow

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.