Withnail
March 16, 2021, 9:17pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 36
Done. Over. Finito. Down.

How utterly depressing and yet glaringly inevitable after a death by a thousand cuts. The patient died and we can't even console ourselves that the operation was a success.

To compare the despondency now to the excitement and expectation at what might have been when Holloway first took over couldn't be starker.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 131
pontoonlew
March 16, 2021, 9:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,117
Gold Stars: 182
At least new managers don’t work...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 131
promotion plaice
March 16, 2021, 9:21pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,088
Gold Stars: 201

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 131
bobbyturtle
March 16, 2021, 9:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +954
Gold Stars: 18
what a shite song too

Icenian Prediction League 2015 (Game 2) winner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 131
Bigdog
March 16, 2021, 9:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.12
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from RonMariner
So with goal difference factored in, we would need to get 10 points more than Barrow in the remaining 13 games. Barrow, who have just beaten the league leaders away, and have won 4 our their last 7 games.

That's about as likely as Kate Moss growing a pair of balls.

But are their still any deniers out there thinking we might stay up?

I'm going to watch the game tomorrow night and hope we win. If we do, and it's a big if, then yes, I will still think we've got a glimmer of a chance of staying up.

That good enough for ya. Someone sticking their head above the parapet for you to pour scorn on?

And as someone who got castigated by a good two thirds of posters on here for criticising the club's negative approach to Covid last summer, I think it's a bit rich that some of the same posters are now in hindsight blaming the club's strategy for the mess we're in. Much more than half of you agreed with them, including letting Vernam go et al.

And if or when we do get relegated, for the ones that say that they're not going again in non-league.. Don't desert the new owners, it's not their fault, they're already paying over the odds, and don't desert the club you love at its greatest hour of need. The more of you remain, the quicker the good times come back..

Not giving in yet, but ask me again in 24 hours..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 131
Heisenberg
March 16, 2021, 9:29pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,121
Gold Stars: 98
Quoted from Bigdog

I'm going to watch the game tomorrow night and hope we win. If we do, and it's a big if, then yes, I will still think we've got a glimmer of a chance of staying up.

That good enough for ya. Someone sticking their head above the parapet for you to pour scorn on?

And as someone who got castigated by a good two thirds of posters on here for criticising the club's negative approach to Covid last summer, I think it's a bit rich that some of the same posters are now blaming the club for the mess we're in. Much more than half of you agreed with them, including letting Vernam go et al.

And if or when we do get relegated, for the ones that say that they're not going again in non-league.. Don't desert the new owners, it's not their fault, they're already paying over the odds, and don't desert the club you love at its greatest hour of need. The more of you remain, the quicker the good times come back..

Not giving in yet, but ask me again in 24 hours..

This again, really?! Who on Earth was on here pre season praising the stance of the club? I don’t remember anybody. I was going mad when Vernam left in particular. No pre season games. Recruiting players from Tier 8 - everyone knew this would be really pushing our luck, and so it has proven.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 131
Bigdog
March 16, 2021, 9:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.12
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Heisenberg

This again, really?! Who on Earth was on here pre season praising the stance of the club? I don’t remember anybody. I was going mad when Vernam left in particular. No pre season games. Recruiting players from Tier 8 - everyone knew this would be really pushing our luck, and so it has proven.

Look at the threads again from last summer..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 131
friskneymariner
March 16, 2021, 9:35pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Big old woman just gone by singing.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 131
psgmariner
March 16, 2021, 9:38pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.68
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Bigdog

Look at the threads again from last summer..

They were all saying how the bookies had it wrong and we were a great bet for promotion 😂

Private Message
Reply: 58 - 131
promotion plaice
March 16, 2021, 9:40pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,088
Gold Stars: 201

It's all right for you lot, I changed my username from "relegation plaice" to "promotion plaice".

What a plonker.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 131
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FFS Barrow

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.