Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst 45 mins to save his job.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 230 Guests

Hurst 45 mins to save his job.

This thread currently has 6,746 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
March 13, 2021, 11:19pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 536
Yeah we’re down. And it hurts now so god knows what it’ll feel like when its confirmed

I remember the summer of 2010/11. We were ignorant of what was to come

I remember 2014 and 15 seasons After Bristol Rovers and Gateshead. How devastated i felt. I hated football.

Knowing what we are going back too, after so many years of trying to get out. That Wembley day is a distant memory. All we did, wiped out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 39
essexexile
March 14, 2021, 12:07am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +186
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Hagrid
Yeah we’re down. And it hurts now so god knows what it’ll feel like when its confirmed

I remember the summer of 2010/11. We were ignorant of what was to come

I remember 2014 and 15 seasons After Bristol Rovers and Gateshead. How devastated i felt. I hated football.

Knowing what we are going back too, after so many years of trying to get out. That Wembley day is a distant memory. All we did, wiped out

And Fenty calls himself a fan

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 39
March 14, 2021, 1:42pm
Guest User
Quoted from realist
I agree with Yoda. We have an appalling manager with one of the worst squads ever totally devoid of a backbone. Relegation looks a certainty.
But yet again the happy clappers keep defending Hurst. Sums up Grimsby and GTFC as a whole - full of complete idiots. We dont deserve any better with you lot around

Are you for real. Take a day off and don't be a pratt all you're life.
Reply: 32 - 39
arryarryarry
March 14, 2021, 2:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,037
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from 140067

Are you for real. Take a day off and don't be a pratt all you're life.

Can you tell me that you are happy with the facts that Holloway signed a crap squad of players, he was replaced by Paul Hurst who himself signed a further 11 players and we are now far worse off under him?
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 39
Northbank Mariner
March 14, 2021, 2:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,525
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from arryarryarry

Can you tell me that you are happy with the facts that Holloway signed a crap squad of players, he was replaced by Paul Hurst who himself signed a further 11 players and we are now far worse off under him?

Quote# Sums up Grimsby and GTFC as a whole - full of complete idiots. We dont deserve any better with you lot around.
Think that was the uncalled for part
Hurst has had no positive effect at all, the stats just do not lie, there's no getting away or hiding from that.
The only thing he's done is putting Hewitt at centre back and I'm convinced he only did that because waterfall has been so poor all season.
The area that needed as much work was upfront and we are as bad, if not worse, than when Hollowords was in charge..
So, in imo, he's failing, not failed yet but very, very close to it .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 39
Stadium
March 14, 2021, 3:03pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from realist
I agree with Yoda. We have an appalling manager with one of the worst squads ever totally devoid of a backbone. Relegation looks a certainty.
But yet again the happy clappers keep defending Hurst. Sums up Grimsby and GTFC as a whole - full of complete idiots. We dont deserve any better with you lot around

What a bizarre summary of a football club & region.
Although you seem to be extremely negative in general.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 39
DB
March 14, 2021, 3:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Quote# Sums up Grimsby and GTFC as a whole - full of complete idiots. We dont deserve any better with you lot around.
Think that was the uncalled for part
Hurst has had no positive effect at all, the stats just do not lie, there's no getting away or hiding from that.
The only thing he's done is putting Hewitt at centre back and I'm convinced he only did that because waterfall has been so poor all season.
The area that needed as much work was upfront and we are as bad, if not worse, than when Hollowords was in charge..
So, in imo, he's failing, not failed yet but very, very close to it .

Your more positive than me!

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 39
arryarryarry
March 14, 2021, 3:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,037
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Stadium

To be fair to Yoda, apart from getting out of the National League after 6 long years, over the past 20 years there hasn't been much to be positive about has there.

Apart from season 05/06 when we finished 4th and our stint in the National League the next highest Football League position was 10th from bottom.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 39
Stadium
March 14, 2021, 4:18pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from arryarryarry

To be fair to Yoda, apart from getting out of the National League after 6 long years, over the past 20 years there hasn't been much to be positive about has there.

Apart from season 05/06 when we finished 4th and our stint in the National League the next highest Football League position was 10th from bottom.

For clarity the post was in response to "realist"
Odd to class a whole region and a football club (which there are others who have seen similar/worse situations & oblivion) as "complete idiots"

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 39
March 16, 2021, 11:30am
Guest User
Quoted from Stadium

That's what I was alluding to.
Reply: 39 - 39
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst 45 mins to save his job.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.